[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Gold/Silver beta discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: happa vs kirinriki.jpg (65KB, 630x513px) Image search: [Google]
happa vs kirinriki.jpg
65KB, 630x513px
Pokemon Gold/Silver beta discussion
>>
File: honooguma.jpg (13KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
honooguma.jpg
13KB, 600x450px
This pic was found on Japanese twitter not too long ago. This, along with the OP image, confirms that the early G/S/C starters and all of those early designs for Johtomons are indeed real.
>>
File: ddd.jpg (62KB, 560x282px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.jpg
62KB, 560x282px
>>33535240
Photo compared with another photo published in an early 1998 issue of Corocoro.
>>
>>33535187
I like that Girafarig. Wish they had kept it like that.
>>
The games were originally announced as just "Pokemon 2" with the Gold and Silver moniker being added later. At this point, Lugia did not exist, as the anime staff specifically requested its creation for a movie. Was Ho-oh supposed to be the cover legendary for BOTH versions, or did Lugia replace something else? We'll never know.
>>
>>33535412
Ho-oh may not have been the cover Legendary at that point. They may have decided to use it alongside Lugua after Lugia was created.
>>
>>33535336
Alolan Girafarig using that design when?
>>
>>33535412
>>33535575

I guess this also explains why Ho-oh and Lugia played such a small role in the originals.
>>
>>33535412
Well this was back before cover legends were a thing, but that being said considering the kimono girls are next to Ho-oh tower, probably yes.
>>
>>33535575
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8m0JM4xCio

The title screen is shown in this video. Ho-oh is on it.
>>
>>33535674
In that case I wonder what the original Silver box Legend would have been.
>>
>>33535811
Yeah, there's no surviving footage of it and nobody has found any testimonials on the Japanese internet of what it looked like yet, which lends credence to the idea that it was just Ho-oh for both versions.
>>
>>33535891
Unless one if the Ho-oh was a placeholder for a yet undesigned and/or unprogrammed creature. Guess we'll never know.
>>
File: MicroGroup_Game_Review_Volume_14.jpg (217KB, 905x1267px) Image search: [Google]
MicroGroup_Game_Review_Volume_14.jpg
217KB, 905x1267px
This was the cover for an issue of MicroGroup Game Review, a Japanese gaming magazine, published at some point in 1997. Inside was an interview with Ken Sugimori, which was translated here. http://www.hairyticksofdune.net/dropbox/sugimori.html There's pretty much nothing interesting in it, though.

On the left, you can see a pretty much finalized version of Tyranitar.

The other two though, fuck if I know what those were supposed to be. It looks like Hitmontop was originally supposed to be a branching evolution of Clefairy, and the turtle thing was scrapped and had its design elements worked into Shuckle and eventually Tirtouga. Sucks, because it looks sweet.
>>
>>33536018
Tirtouga is a possibility, given that the Shellos line was designed for Generation 3. I like to think that Munna was a scrapped design from Gen 1 that a programmer described in a Jr. Trainer's dialogue as an in-joke.
>>
>>33535811
Celebi maybe?
>>
>>33536141
Could be.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.