[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hoenn is best region

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-Hoenn_RSE_Map.png (45KB, 250x155px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Hoenn_RSE_Map.png
45KB, 250x155px
>Significant explanation
>Good starters
>Regis
>Battle frontier
>Fortree City
>Water routes
>Deoxys
>Gave legendaries plot
Why don't people like hoenn again?
>>
>>33532414
>gave legendaries plot
hurrr kjooger want sea butt gruudon want land
raykwayzay fix thign
amazing plot
>>
>>33532414
You forgot the secrets. Shedinja, Chimecho, Regis.
>>
Hoenn isn't bad. Might be my second or third favorite. But it's all about Sinnoh and that A+ route design. Ass Dex, but the map is probably the best in the series, imo.
>>
>>33532434
Better then "we made a thing from another rare thing we found. oh no, it's strong."
>>
>>33532446
Nice whataboutism. Gen 1 being bad doesn't make gen 3 any better. They're both still shit.
>>
>>33532444
I somehow typed "explanation" instead of "exploration". But yeah, that's a great part of Hoenn.
>>
Giving the Legendaries plot wasn't a good thing.
The Pokemon were shit.
The only real thing it has going for it are diving and lots of water.
>>
>>33532451
It's still an improvement on Gen 1.
>>
File: pokemon_secret_base.png (53KB, 875x459px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_secret_base.png
53KB, 875x459px
>>33532414
>forgetting about secret bases
>>
>>33532466
And three heart attacks a day is an improvement over four heart attacks a day
>>
>>33532478
absolute comfy
>>
>>33532478
The fact that outside of ORAS, secret bases will probably never be redone upsets me greatly.
>>
>>33532414
>Gave legendaries plot
Ah, yes, the game that started the "The MC must save the world from/by-catching the legendary box"

Hoenn was a mistake
>>
>>33532578
Platinum Underground.
>>
Best map, best exploration, god tier trumpets, innovations left and right, amazing variety of pokemon that doesn't just leave you with fucking Bidoofs and Starlys for 8 gyms, and well designed pokemon all throughout the region.

SinnohShitters and Unovabortions btfo
>>
>>33532478
>never really got into secret bases
>all that stuff I missed
Time to replay Emerald.
>>
>>33532414
It was cool back then, but id rather have 2 regions
>>
>>33532414
that's not how you spell johto
>>
>>33532491
Nice strawman argument
>>
>>33532414
Because it's boring as shit and not cohesive. People had problems with "handholding" in ORAS, but at least it outlined a plot a bit more.
>>
>>33532414
Johto had two regions so it's automatically better than all the others.

Also Legendaries shouldn't ever be part of any plot.
The fun of Gen 1/2 was finding the legendaries, not having them gifted to you because "you are the chosen one :DD"
>>
>>33532414
I like Hoenn because emerald was the first pokemon game that was truly mine
>>
>>33532414
Theres too much water
>>
>>33533319
RSE never gifted them to you though.
>but you had to catch them!!!
nah
>>
>>33533319
>Johto had two regions so it's automatically better than all the others.

Kanto was a wasteland. It looked like it was going through the Depression.
>>
>>33533733
In GSC, it's barren. But in HGSS it's more interesting than BW Unova, Kalos and Alola.
>>
>>33532414
>Gave legendaries plot
That's a bad thing though. It was better in gen 1 where you were just a kid on a Pokemon adventure who just happened to stop Team Rocket. Gen 2 then forced the Rocket plot on you a lot harder and Gen 3 made you a chosen one who saves the world.
>>
>>33532451
yeah fuck gen 3 and gen 1, those shitty games with shitty plots, and fuck gen 2 and 4 as well while we're at it
God i hate Pokemon
>>
>>33533773
>gen 3 made you a chosen one
No, it didn't. You were pretty much still a kid who just happened to be in the thick of things. You didn't become a chosen one until gen 5 onward. Arguably gen 4.
>>
>>33532414
even the battle theme for the weather trio gave you a sense of "Oh shit these are fucken living gods who control the weather and can destroy the world, why the fuck am I fighting them?"
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.