[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When do you consider the dex complete? Everything seen, living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: c73af1d5496a86e3a8ca287371d5b371.jpg (514KB, 1251x638px) Image search: [Google]
c73af1d5496a86e3a8ca287371d5b371.jpg
514KB, 1251x638px
When do you consider the dex complete? Everything seen, living dex, do you count different formes?
>>
>>33531150
The dex is complete when you have the caught data for every mon.
I just have a living dex to make that easier each gen.

I don't count forms, but again have them for if they're useful.
>>
>>33531150
the dex is complete when the game says.

as for me, I work on my own living dex with my own rules (all pokemon, luxury ball if possible, all permanent forms (so not megas, castform, giratina, etc))
>>
>>33531150

When you capture every Spinda. Otherwise it is not complete.
>>
>>33531278
every shiny spinda.
>>
My living dex rules, all models in the game. It includes all normal pokemon, all forms persistent and not persistent, gender differences and megas (obvious exception is Spinda). It was possible in X/Y and ORAS, though hacking you could get thing like permanent castform and active Xerneas. It is no longer possible in S/M because there is not enough space in game, and you can't hack the bank.
>>
All mons from every gen, shiny and normal,
male and female
>>
File: 1489594120556.jpg (95KB, 882x994px) Image search: [Google]
1489594120556.jpg
95KB, 882x994px
>>33531150
Easy mode
>seeing every pokemon
Normal mode
>catching every pokemon
Hard mode
>Catching every pokemon in all their forms, (ie female male, different colors or season related patterns and any special skins, pikachu skins, excluding shinies)
Impossible mode
>Do everything mentioned above but also catch every unique form's shiny (this will require hacking)
God mode
>Everything mentioned above, having at least 1 copy of every form shiny and not, but then having every unqiue event pokemon as well, not just shiny 25th aniverasary celebi but 10th aniversary celebi as well, both shiny and normal

Where you at /vp/
Almost done hard mode myself
>>
>>33533249
On my way to finishing hard mode too.
>>
>>33531150
Anything past having every Pokémon registered as captured is full blown autism.
>>
>>33533440
I wouldn't consider all the letters, alolan forms, or forms like Deoxys or Rotom as autism.
I'd say if you haven't done that much, your living dex isn't complete.
>>
I just do all pokemon registered as caught + having all shiny qr codes in the pokedex
>>
>>33531150
What's the point of completing the pokedex by capturing every pokemon instead of just getting the data anyway? Even canonically no one does it, the strongest trainers just focus on getting those rare op mons and that's it.
>>
>>33533249
Been working on hard mode (although only gathering males if there is a gender difference/it's male only). Also been having the Pokemon all come from their original games where possible

The Kanto portion is a huge pain in the ass due to it
>>
>>33533249
I achieved Normal for Gen V, skipped Gen VI and am now back to trying to get the rest to 100 with near-perfect IVs.
>>
>>33533249
>everything above hard mode requires hacking
If you hack then obtaining everything becomes trivial. What a stupid ranking.
>>
>>33533485
In game or irl. I just do it because I want to see every pokemon's animations and amie interactions. The pokedex provides some detail like weight and size, but it's not a good enough Gallery for me.
>>
>>33531150
Every different forme that doesn't revert back to normal in the PC/Pokebank, excluding Spinda.
>>
>>33533485
1) You get a shiny charm
2) If you have a living dex, completing the Pokedex in the next generation becomes a lot easier because you can just transfer everything over and you only have to catch the new Pokemon.
3) It becomes easy to obtain any Pokemon you want for breeding purposes, assuming you're not looking for a hidden ability you can just breed a Pokemon from your living dex with a good IV ditto with the right nature, then carry on from there.
4) It's the rules, you can't post on /vp/ without catching them all.
>>
>>33533593
I think he means like just to get that one like shiny solgaleo, but then doing everything else the regular way
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.