[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quite honestly incites one's head gears to spin hmm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 10

File: nostalgia (1).png (913KB, 1172x1202px) Image search: [Google]
nostalgia (1).png
913KB, 1172x1202px
Quite honestly incites one's head gears to spin hmm
>>
Not really. Nice try though OP. At least you tried!
>>
>>33524308
Nobody called BW2 "glorified DLC".
>>
>>33524308
Except that Black and White 2 were actual sequels and had a hugely changing region while USUM has a few fucking flowers and basically the same character designs but fucking retarded. Not to mention of recolor "forms" and the same fat retarded starter.
>>
Third versions were always just glorified DLC desu. I can't believe retards on this board actually defend them.
>>
>this is just glorified DLC!
>this is just a rehash of Black and White!

except no one said this because of the substantial number of new parts added to the region, new characters, and the fact that it was a legit sequel instead of a third version

Fuck off USUM shill.
>>
My only problem is the lack of news.
>>
>>33524308
This is perfect.
>>
>>33524321
Did you play the games???
Tell me more please you epic leaker
>>
>>33524325
haha wow this has too played USUM already, can you upload the game on mega please? :^)
>>
>implying you were old enough to see the BW2 reaction
>>
>>33524339
>>33524343
Wow this is what USUM shills are like huh?
>>
>>33524343
I don't have to play USUM to know it's not a sequel.
>>
>>33524308
Check BW2 region map

Then check USUM region map

And then kys
>>
>>33524325
>DLC can't be substantial
>>
>>33524308
Well, it is true. I don't know how /vp/ in general reacted, as I'm just a crossboarder, but everywhere I saw, people were overall disappointed with BW2 and Kyurem forms. There were still some shills, but the general reaction was that of disappointment. At least until the animated trailer dropped.
>>
>>33524362
Who the fuck cares about the Kyurem forms dumbass?
The reason people liked bw2 was much more than that
Same with the necrozma forms
These kids want the whole game revealed before release again like in ORAS and then they will complain anyway
>>
>>33524358
DLC doesn't rearrange the entire progression of the game.
>>
>>33524354
Oh, you're one of those psychic power users who know the future?
Cool story, bro!
>>
>>33524374
They said the protagonists are the same with a new look. This isnt sequel
>>
>>33524374
I don't need to see into the future to know it's not a sequel either.
>>
>>33524373
Actually, it can, and has.
>>
>>33524367
>The reason people liked bw2 was much more than that
Yes, because the games were good. And that's not something people knew before the release. Before the release, they only had the "digimon-like" Legendaries. In other words, the actual quality of the games was irrelevant until they after they played the games. Pre-release, they only had Kyurem forms to look at, which were received negatively.

I know /vp/'s overall userbase is full of redditors and underages, but this should not be a hard to grasp idea. That people can't play the game before it comes out, and can only judge it with the little information they were given.
>>
>>33524308
Nobody wants Diamond and Pearl remakes.
>>
>>33524367
I agreed until you talked about news. We literally got nothing. I need to kno what this shit game is about if I'm thinking about buying it
>>
>>33524383
Obviously, everyone with half a brain knows that a Platinum remake would be way better.
>>
>>33524380
You're right I misunderstood your previous post
>>
>>33524353
Maybe not everyone is negative
>>
i cant for these games to flop. People really have no idea much sun and moon is hated in japan. they arent hyped about USUM either. just for the sales to come in
>>
>>33524374
>We've literally been told it's a third cersion
>W W W W WOW HOW DO YOU KNOW
>>
>>33524339
>>33524343
1 shekel has been deposited in your account.
>>
>>33524402
:^)
>>
>>33524378
No, it hasn't, and can't.
>>
>>33524380
You are incorrect, anon.
Pre-release, we had new gym leaders, new characters, new locations and PWT/Avenue/Pokestar Studios to look at.
>>
>>33524321
You know you just described BW2 right?
>>
>>33524430
This

And we also learned of the names of the kyurem forms as soon as the game got announced.
>>
>>33524442
They don't have same clothes and aren't same protagonists from black and white
>>
Why /vp/ love Bw2 that much.
In some regards they were worse than BW.
>>
>>33524430
>>33524380
>>33523678

Read it
>>
>>33524367
Why can't you guys realize that the problem here isn't that we want GF to reveal 90% of the game like with ORAS, it's that they decided to go too far into the other extreme and reveal literally nothing substantial or exciting. Fans need something to be excited about, but GF has been withholding for too long now, where sadly we can't help but give the impression that these games will be barebones as fuck.

And again, we aren't asking for 90% of the game to be revealed like before, all we fucking want is anything that shows that USUM will be significantly different to their vanilla games. Literally these can and should be revealed at this point: new characters, significant changes to the region, any new battle facility/changes to the already existing ones, and heck being the unique feature of Gen 7, how about new Alolan forms or UBs?

Realize that we're not asking for too much, we just want something, anothing to make us decently hyped for USUM
>>
>>33524430
I don't quite remember all that, but even if that was the case, I still stand by my original statement about the general reaction to it all.
>>
>>33524459
There's good Pokemon diversity and it has some post-game. Although even the post-game is just a legendary hunt as well as accessing some towns from BW that were conveniently blocked off from you during the main game. Also the PWT is nowhere near as interesting as either of the Battle Frontiers in gen 3 or 4.
>>
>>33524459
Only in the the most arbitrary aspects

>muh fresh experience
>muh story

Other than that, BW2 were objectively better.
>>
>>33524380
The Therian formes were teased.
New characters like Hugh, Roxie, Marlon and Corless were revealed with their roles.
Also got to see new areas like the underwater tube. Got to know that the dex was expanded to 300.

And that was with about two months left to go until release, same as where we are now.
>>
>>33524459
Difficulty, although TERRIBLY executed, postgame, a huge Pokedex, Medal Challenges as "quests", a big region, and a better story.
>>
>>33524325
B2W2 even showed time progression in which characters aged, and their roles changed. There were geographical changes as well.
>>
>>33524513
Sounds like boring shit, pokefags are delusional
>>
File: 30a.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
30a.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>33524406
>>
>>33524430
In comparison, for USUM, 2months before release:
>We know the games will have "new features and new pokemon". We don't know if the wild dex will be changed/expanded or if they only mean the paintjobs/fusions
>We know there are 0 new towns and hardly any map changes, only a few new areas/buildings (basically what SM should have had if they weren't half-finished)
>After months, we finally know the names of the recycled fusion concept for the box legends with necrozma armor on them. Yay?
>We know there are new z-shits as if anyone cared about that
>We know the games are more aesthetically pleasing than SM
>We know the protagonists are the same with new designs
>We know there is a Photo feature which is a fusion of PR videos and taking photos in places like HG/SS/XY
>We know the director claims there are other features he can't talk about yet, but we don't know if that's anything to go on
>We know there is zilch hinting at new Alolan forms, which is already a step in the wrong direction
>We know we have a paintjob animewolf and we know the legend fusions look way lazier than Black/White Kyurem ever did
>We know the shitty Battle Tree/Royal are still there, thus chances of new facilities decrease
>We know there's a pikachu trailer park and a kanto pandering building
>We know there's a forest that looks like Kartana's ultra space or something
>We know of 0 new characters, but we know ones in SM might have expanded roles
>We know at least some trials will not progress the same way they did in SM
>We know there's a random cloud where there was none in SM, possibly hiding something.
Looking at that long list, you realize most of it is not even half as significant as what we had for BW2 pre-release. There is enough info they could have given us to show us what to expect, but as it is now...it's not good
>>
>>33524402
Japan stop caring Pkmn since gen 5, they are into yokai watch, Fate, and dq
>>
File: Teased.png (183KB, 698x348px) Image search: [Google]
Teased.png
183KB, 698x348px
>>33524545
>We know the games will have ... new pokemon
Great list though.
>>
>>33524477
I'm not one to pass judgment until I see the actual game, and I have to admit I'm still pretty excited for USUM, but I do agree that even within the realm of a less intense pre-release period, they could have given us, well, more. Even if these games are a run-pf-the-mill third version, surely there are at least a few new characters. It wouldn't be unreasonable at all to have revealed them by now, even if it's just in a short video.

As for Alolan forms/UBs, literally all it would take is one or two of each. So if the initial reveal was in June, they could have showcased the new characters in July and the new forms in August, in addition to the info we actually got. I feel like the hype would be much stronger.
>>
...and B2W2 went on to be one of the most cherished games in the entire series.
>>
>>33524562
Did you read it though, anon? I literally stated most of it is insignificant and that even the "new pokemon" at this point is something we don't know enough about to tell if they mean the shitty paintjob/fusion or if they mean they actually changed the wild dex (obvious with old gen pokemon that weren't in sm)
>>
>>33524557
yo kai dead in japan, dragon quest was always popular even at pokemon peak. Splatoon is what overtook pokemon popularity there
>>
>>33524588
I misunderstood the Wild dex part. My bad.
>>
>>33524595
>Yokai is dead
Nice meme, Pokémon is more deader
>>
>>33524308

I don't remember any of this. People were hyped as fuck when they realized we were getting legit sequels instead of "Grey"
>>
>>33524595
>Splatoon is what overtook pokemon popularity there
That was yokai watch, yokai watch killed pogaymon lool
>>
>>33524610
yo kai watch anime doesnt even end up in top 10 animation ratings weekly anymore. sun and moon almost sold 3x more than yo kai watch 3 in japan last year and yo kai watch came out 4 months before. yo kai watch is deader than dead
>>
>>33524557
Fate isn't a Pokémon killer, completely different demographics. If anything it is trying to be a Touhou killer.
>>
>>33524320
You are fucking new, then. I watched all these faggots complaining with that exact line.

>>33524328
I think this is good. The less the leaks, the more we enjoy the games.
>>
>>33524622
yo kai watch is dead. im not even shilling pokemon right now but yo kai watch has took a massive popularity drop in japan. its done in japan
>>
>>33524595
Popularity? Those games are scheduled to release when there's no pokemon game.
>>
>>33524479
You don't remember all that but you're so sure of the "general reaction"
>>
>>33524633
>Touhou killer
Yes please. That zombie became as cancerous as safe triple A sequels.
>>
>>33524557
And animal crossing
>>
>>33524308
revisionist history
>>
>>33524713
Is it the idea that someone might not remember the exact date and time when information was revealed for a game that is 5 years old now? Or that while that someone might not remember the information reveal time and order, he might still remember general reaction to all of it, as that is a far more broader and simpler thing, one that he was exposed to more than the information release date and order?

If you were to ask someone to recall the names and roles of all the characters in an anime they watched in 2012, for example Btooom, as well as the content of each episode in a chronological order, and they're not able to do so, would you find that weird? And at the same time, if you were to ask them what they overall thought of it, and how were the threads about it on /a/, and they can recall the general reaction to it, would that be weird?

If your answer to either of those is "yes", you need to start interacting with human beings. They're not at all like what you think they are.
>>
>>33524557
It's true, they did stop caring about Pikmin

:(
>>
>>33524643
splatoon has overtook pokemon in popularity especially with girls and kids
>>
>>33524320
Found the newfag
>>
>>33525038
Yes, it's you! Congrats! = D
>>
>>33525112
>= D
kys
>>
I'm already put off that they're releasing two separate versions of what doesn't appear to be a genuine sequel. If these new versions are really as lacking in new features and content as they seem, I think I'm done with the series. I barely even play since I picked up Showdown anyway.
>>
>>33524308
What's your point OP? Many of those complaints against B2W2 were legitimate before more information came out that gave confidence to players that it would different from BW.
>>
>>33524375
>>33524377
>>33524404
Actually, we know nothing about the game except it takes place on an alternate universe, it doesn't needs to be a sequel to have an original story
>>
>>33525015
It's weird that someone can't remember the things people reacted to but can remember the reaction.

If people couldn't do that then when people say "why was this thing seen as good/bad?" they would only be able to say "I don't remember, I just know people liked/hated it".
>>
File: 1491772308996.jpg (130KB, 1920x999px) Image search: [Google]
1491772308996.jpg
130KB, 1920x999px
>>33525310
>"why was this thing seen as good/bad?"
>"I don't remember, I just know people liked/hated it"
Really, anon-kun? You do not even remember the topic you're discussing, but continuing to argue? You truly claim no reason has been given? Did you not even see the OP's image? Replace "DLC" part with Kyurem's "overdesigned" forms, and you have a list of reasons for why people reacted negatively. As I previously claimed, it had nothing to do with the games or their quality. Those things were irrelevant until after the games came out. The topic we're arguing about whether there the general reaction was negative or not.

Trying to argue on /vp/ was my first mistake, and I'll fix that now. I have no interest in wasting my time "arguing" with someone who can't even remember what they're arguing about.
>>
File: IMG_0074.png (344KB, 577x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0074.png
344KB, 577x390px
>>33524637
>>
>>33525540

Poor GameFreak. You know they want to do well, but they just can't, it feels like 3D has been too much of a challenge for them, much less a sudden jump to home console. I watched this interview and you could see the stress mounting on Masuda's face when the interviewer asked if Pokemon on the Switch could ever be as big and as free as BotW.

Wasn't it sometime around 2010-2011 GF said they were going to start aiming for 1 Pokemon game every year? We're now starting to see that and the quality of the games have taken a real hammering, they need to just do the Satoshi Tajiri trick of vanishing for a couple of years and then pulling out a showstopping Pokemon game.
>>
File: darmaku.png (174KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
darmaku.png
174KB, 410x410px
>>33524308
>Where are my Diamond and Pearl remakes

kek here's your reply
>>
>>33524353
I bet they simultaneously post "you have to play the game to not like it" and make all the recent anti-piracy posts on the board.
>>
>>33524531
DUDE /MON/ BOARD WHEN??? LMAO DAE YOKAI WATCH SUPREME RACE?? XD
>>
>>33525641
SM was released 2 years after ORAS and it is a duo of half-finished games that warranted the director's cut that are USUM
>>
File: 1424298444918.jpg (239KB, 2382x458px) Image search: [Google]
1424298444918.jpg
239KB, 2382x458px
>ITT
>>
>>33524459
It improved BW1 in all the aspects I care about and while a couple aspects were worse they were usually ones that I don't care about, like the story.
>>
>>33524459
/vp/'s first Pokemon games. You have to remember the average age of this board is barely over 18 now.
>>
Hang on BW2 brought me back into Pokemon after DP disappointed me so much I smashed the games with a sledgehammer and sold my DS.
After SuMo I am ready to leave again. Considering OPs comparison, should I at least give the Ultras a go????
>>
File: 1452793624929.png (114KB, 368x298px) Image search: [Google]
1452793624929.png
114KB, 368x298px
>>33527191
huh, you wouldn't think so sometimes
>>
>>33527423
Wait until w get actual news
>>
>>33527191
Hi, first game was Gold.

Can confirm B2W2 are still the best. But hey, can't expect kids who started with the 3ds games to figure that.
>>
>>33527470
maybe I don't buy into hype, I don't read any leaks or news. I avoid that stuff. Always have always will. I wasn't even gonna give the new ones a chance. I think I'll wait until I have a go of my younger brothers game or a friends, that may be the smarter path.
>>
>>33524493
>Implying all the gym leaders/champions from all the games up to gen 5 with full teams is not "interesting".
shit taste.
>>
File: ?.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
?.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>33524308
Really made me twink
>>
>>33524320
>Being this new
>>
>>33527191
But my first games were Ruby and Emerald.
>>
>>33524321
Wow it's pretty cool that you've played through USUM faggot
>>
>>33527601
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>33525663
>>33524383
everywhere that isn't /vp/ have people saying this
>>
>Where is Pokemon Stars
Literally no one that isn't a shitposter said this
>>
>>33527636
I see you weren't here for the USUM reveal
>>
>>33524308
BW2 was a sequel and had a lot of new content, compared to the third games in the series before then it was much fresher.
On the other hand the main complain about USUM right now is we have no idea what it's going to be like because they haven't shown any substantial information. There could be a significantly different plot, totally new trials or even gyms, a bunch of new Alola forms, a Battle Frontier, and whatever else, but the game is releasing in two months and all we've seen is two Necrozma forms and a pallete-swapped Lycanroc that probably only even exists to be an anime tie-in. If there is new content, they're sure doing a good job making sure nobody knows about it.
>>
File: MNy7t5Uw_400x400.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
MNy7t5Uw_400x400.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>33527788

I think the point that OP was trying to make is that on announcement, we didn't know it had a lot of new content and the games felt like a cash-in to a lot of people. It's easy to say in retrospect that BW2 obviously is completely different, but there was no way of telling at the time. Source: I was around on the boards and other pokemon-related places on the internet when BW2 was announced

Not to say that USUM will be good, nor do I think it will necessarily be bad. I'd just wait until closer to release to make judgements
>>
>>33527855
I'm sure that by this time prior to BW2's release they had very clearly shown that the opening towns were different, and that there were new gym leaders, etc. Hell even just the fact that they were sequels implicitly confirmed a lot of changes. An "alternate universe" could go either way; it could be completely different or it could just be an excuse to explain away plot inconsistencies.
>>
>>33527855
At this point we had far more information about BW2, so no, not really.
>>
>>33525641
The sad thing is with how the Switch games will most likely be, we're going to look back at the 3DS era as a time of innocence.

I really want to be optimistic about USUM but they don't exactly have a track record of hiding information this close to release. If we haven't much, it's a pretty good assumption that there isn't a lot. Other third versions had this problem too but I was a kid/teenager back then and I have standards and shit I'd rather spend my money on these days. Even then Emerald and Platinum at least made significant changes to the main game and added in postgame fluff. To be this close to release without a single thing to make this purchase worth it for me, I legitimately think I'm going to be skipping this game, which is something I never did before. The only times that I haven't bought a game on release day since after Crystal was with DP where I was a little busy and picked it up late, Platinum where I held off on purpose but gave in after a few months, and BW2 but that doesn't really count because I thought the release was in November for some reason, then I left it be and when I checked back in November I saw that it had been out for a month already.

The Switch games are probably going to make XY look like masterpieces in comparison with how they will be rushed after having GF learn too much in too short of a time period. Plus it will require a higher initial investment for the console than any previous game has, and I just don't feel inclined to buy a Switch at $300+ for games that will probably be mediocre at best. And supplies are pretty short from what I heard. I don't know what it's like in Japan but Nintendo is fucking retarded if they think American soccermoms will buy their kids Pokemon games when the console will cost almost twice what a 3DS did. With that kind of money little Johnny will get a smartphone instead. Sales won't completely die because neckbeards will shell out the cash but not enough to justify all of the work.
>>
>>33528126
> I just don't feel inclined to buy a Switch at $300+ for games that will probably be mediocre at best.
>Nintendo is fucking retarded if they think American soccermoms will buy their kids Pokemon games when the console will cost almost twice what a 3DS did.
Just because you would only buy the system for Pokemon doesn't mean that's the average person's mindset. Zelda (which is also on Wii U) and Splatoon (which is more of an expansion than a sequel) are pretty much the only system sellers right now, and just those two are enough to sell systems blazing fast. You can bet that Zelda + Mario + Pokemon, once they're all released, will be more than enough to move countless systems. Throw in Metroid for the west and Fire Emblem for Japan, and Nintendo is guaranteed a substantial install base.
>>
>>33524308
Even if it was true, there are different circumstances where they don't work out the same.

For example, you could play B2/W2 on the 3DS even if it wasn't specifically FOR the 3DS. The DSi and 3DS even had a couple little extras if you played on them rather than the original DS/lite.

Meanwhile for Us/UM, you can't play them on Switch and it now exists. It is completely understandable that people would want to be able to play it there. It was obviously never going to be Switch only but complaints about there not ALSO having been an announcement of a port too is a reasonable one.

Others have gone over some of the other issues so i'll just leave it there and tell you to stop being a retard. Context matters.
>>
>>33525264
Alternate Story - Same mainline story but with different events occuring

Sequel - An original story that takes place AFTER events of another story.

These games ARE NOT sequels, they're the Sun/Moon storyline with slightly different events taking place.
>>
>>33528613
>Nintendo is guaranteed a substantial install base.
Compared to the Wii U they've already got that. Especially with production not seemingly having been as much a problem the last few weeks and with the holidays closing in, they should be getting close to half of the Wii U install base already. Especially if they do work it out so that Pokémon releases next year as is currently planned... I can easily see them outselling it by this time next year if it's not there by the end of this one.

And that's without even throwing in the fact that a smaller cheaper handheld only version will likely appear alongside Pokémon to make sure the soccer moms they mention buy the fuck out of them.

They can easily reduce the size and cost to the New 3DS price at least if they just remove the Bluetooth and make the Joycon permanently attached, leave out the dock etc. the current version has with it since it won't need them, reduce the default storage to 16 GB (since it would be more for casuals anyway) and probably a thing or two that isn't coming to mind.

Just make it unable to upscale so as to not kill it from overheating and it'd even still work with docks if that person later decided they wanted that without purchasing a whole new system since it would still have USB-C for charging which is what the dock connects with.

People who think this isn't going to happen are retarded. All of their handhelds get such revisions and that's what the Switch primarily is. The 2DS even specifically released alongside X/Y. In that regard they know precisely what they're doing.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.