[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is mew part of the kanto poxedex if it was discovered in guyana?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Mew_traveling.png (2MB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
Mew_traveling.png
2MB, 1280x688px
why is mew part of the kanto poxedex if it was discovered in guyana?
>>
Because Guyana is a region of Kanto that's inaccessible in the games, retard. Maybe next time you can shove that obvious shit through your thick skull before posting this shit.
>>
>>33519491
Pokemon don't have to be native to the area in order to be in the dex.
>>
>>33519527

Haha op got fucking DESTROYED
>>
>>33519566
Yes they do, especially when only 1 of them exists.
>>
>>33519491
Because it was first discovered and catalogued by the scientists from the Mansion in Cinnabar Island.
>>
>>33519527
>guyana, across the pacific ocean and on the other side of the american continent
>part of kanto
even if you're retarded and don't want to accept real world locations, johto, which is right next to kanto and shares the same league as kanto is a different region, but guyana is part of kanto?
>>33519566
there is no way to get it in game in any way other than event distributions, and it is explicitly stated as being from another place far away. why is it part of the regional pokedex of a region it is not native to, and does not inhabit?
>>33519619
alright, but that doesnt make it a kanto pokemon, it makes it a guyana pokemon.
>>
>>33519656
Richard leave
>>
File: Kanto-Full-Map.jpg (29KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto-Full-Map.jpg
29KB, 500x344px
>>33519656
>but guyana is part of kanto
Kanto has an abundance of foliage in between routes and cities/towns. How do you know Guyana isn't simply a name for one of these areas of trees?
>>
>>33519686
Because they mention South America in the games
>>
>>33519711
And South America isn't simply a name for these tree areas as well? You know this how? Have they shown the south american continent before?
>>
>>33519598
No.
Deoxys is from space but its part of Hoenn's dex.
Arceus is literally from Heaven(?) but its part of the Sinnoh dex.
The UBs are part of the alolan dex when they should have their own dex according to your logic.

Pokemon are part of whatever dex theyre introduce in. Game Design > Canon
>>
File: Movie_1_Deleted_Scene_3.png (2MB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
Movie_1_Deleted_Scene_3.png
2MB, 1280x688px
>>33519686
>Diary: July 5

Guyana, South America
A new Pokémon was discovered deep in the jungle.
>>
>>33519717
Occam's Razor says by South America they meant South America and not your retarded patch of trees between Vermillion and Fuchsia
>>
>>33519491
Mew is canonically found in other places as well, like Faraway Island
>>
>>33519656
>alright, but that doesnt make it a kanto pokemon, it makes it a guyana pokemon.
Being in a region's dex doesn't means that it has to be native from that region.
>>
>>33519717
A real-world globe appears in multiple mainline games.

The Pokemon world takes place on a fictional Earth, ergo, South America exists.
>>
It's just another goof they made. Guyana probably does not exist in the Pokemon world. Or its existence could probably be just as dubious as Mew's is in-universe. Another possibility is that it's a placeholder and remnant from a time when the Pokemon world wasn't fleshed out yet and Johto was hinted to be the end. GF were probably too lazy to change it. Perhaps it will be retconned and/or renamed if a South America based region is introduced in the future.
>>
>>33519656
Hey dipshit, if I read a fucking encyclopedia and it tells me about an animal that can be found near me, but came from far away, it's still in the encyclopedia.
>>
>>33519942
that's the thing, mew can't be found near you in kanto, or found at all outside of events. mew shouldn't be in the kanto regional dex, which pertains to pokemon only found in kanto. the national dex is for being a complete encyclopedia.
>>33519721
i don't think they should be part of regional pokedexes, or be in the poxedex at all. some being in dont make sense, such as fossil pokemon who have been dead for millions of years, mythical pokemon who have never been seen, and mewtwo, who was recently created and not captured by anyone prior
>>
File: 1502163010133.png (151KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502163010133.png
151KB, 500x500px
>>33519999
But people know about it.(is it real, is it a legend?l)
Doesn't matter, people heard about it Kanto, and wrote ot down in the regional encyclopedia after it was seen in SA
The national dex is just all the enyclopedias next to each other on the shelf dude.
>>
>>33519491
One of the things in Pokémon I never understood, is, if was originaly not in the game added last minute, then what was Mewtwos story? Or would Mew have been the Mythical of Gold Silver
>>
Because its just a game anon
>>
They should make a game take place in guyana.
>>
>>33521589
I'm sure Mew was always going to be part of Mewtwo's backstory, and just be this elusive and mysterious concept until getting used for a sequel or something. Mew actually being in the game code was added last minute, but I'm sure the research notes on cinnabar weren't.

I think it would be cool if Mew was never formerly added and was always kept as a mystery.
>>
>>33521728
It was thanks to mew existing that pokemon created the new pokemon rush, the rush to catch em all.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.