[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Your Opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: US_UK_and_RU_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg (314KB, 1596x1459px) Image search: [Google]
US_UK_and_RU_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg
314KB, 1596x1459px
What are the chances for these features in USUM and would you like them in the game (and eventually why yes or no)?

>New Alola forms
>New Megas
>Battle Frontier
>Pokemon World Tournament
>Safari Zone
>Pokemon Following
>Lots of legendaries to catch (a'la ORAS)
>Mythicals to catch in-game
>Gyms
>Building/Decorating your own place (be it a house, base, gym etc)

Add your own ideas if you think these are lacking
>>
>New Alola forms
I'd say there's a good chance we'll get some. They were advertised less than Z-Moves, but they're more popular with fans, and it gives them a chance to nostalgia pander, while also adding more variety to the game.

>New Megas
Unlikely. I'm hoping that the Mega tournament and Megas being in the anime is a sign of things to come, but I feel like they want to focus on Z-Moves and Alola forms now. They focused on Megas already, so now they want to give Z-Moves time to develop and shine before they abandon them.

>Battle Frontier
I think the pushback from ORAS might influence them, but I get the feeling that they might want to try new things instead of just repeating themselves.

I hope so. But it might be too much work for GF. I could see them doing a scaled-down version in some way, though.

>Safari Zone
Haven't been used since Gen IV, and the ORAS remakes all but got rid of theirs. It's honestly an outdated concept.

>Pokemon Following
I don't think so, but I'd love this. But we've seen the characters walk without Pokemon behind them, and I don't think Game Freak would be clever enough to make it an optional feature. At best, we might see if for cutscenes. But I'd love to be wrong.

Probably. Use that as band-aid solution to the post-game problem.

Probably not.

>Gyms
I have no clue at this point.

We haven't seen any evidence of this. But then again, the photo club was a surprise feature, too.
>>
>>33517729
>New Alola forms
Most likely
>New Megas
Unlikely, but plausible
>Battle Frontier
Never ;__;
Another Battle tree improvement with past characters
>Safari Zone
Which kind of safari zone? The XY safari zone need to stay dead
>Pokemon Following
Our own pokemon followin, no- more pokemon in the overworld, ye.
Ye
What was Deoxys
>Gyms
Probably a combination of trial and gym altogether
Secret base or nothing at all.
>>
>>33517729

>New Alola forms
if they dont include new alola forms GF is literally worse than hitler
>New Megas
same
>Battle Frontier
they better do after this shit they pulled in ORAS, even though i dont believe they ever will
unlikely
>Safari Zone
for what purpose?
>Pokemon Following
not until switch games
mandatory
should include Mew because of the Z crystal
>Gyms
not on the map, not back
50:50 chance i would say
>>
>>33517729
>New Alola forms
I hope no. But it's okay if they have good designs and actually improve the said pokemon. Small chances since there is no sign of such major feature being announced, when it has 2 months until the release
>New Megas
Into the trash it goes.Get in trash, stay in trash. Never to be seen again. 0% since they said they will make gen exclusive gimmicks, this gen you have z moves which are just as shit.
>Battle Frontier
Yes plz. "Battle Frontier project has started"
Again good but makes no sense to be added.
>Safari Zone
Maybe something different than safari zones, i don't really care about it though.
>Pokemon Following
I like this feature but Gamefreak isn't that good to make it a thing, especially in a 3D world.
This is guaranteed since you have no other place to catch them.
Depends on which mon you're talking about.
>Gyms
Small chances. Either way Gyms=Trials it's just a different puzzle and that's all.
Of course not, i want more Riolu on route 1 like it did in BW2, Samson Oak giving Kanto starters and gen 1 totems shoved down your ass. Who the fuck really cares about this? They are just going to fan service and call it a day.
>>
>>33517857
>This is guaranteed since you have no other place to catch them.

They don't really need to let you catch them without a national dex. You aren't locked out of anything for being unable to catch them.
>>
>>33517729
>What are the chances for these features in USUM and would you like them in the game (and eventually why yes or no)?

>New Alola forms
75%
>New Megas
50%
>Battle Frontier
50%
60%
>Safari Zone
10%
>Pokemon Following
5%
20%
10%
>Gyms
1%
15%
>>
0 < x < 1
>>
File: 1497607408832.jpg (424KB, 1422x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1497607408832.jpg
424KB, 1422x2048px
>>33517729
>>New Alola forms
Nope. Those are, programming-wise, brand new Pokemon and USUM has to stay compatible with SM.
>>New Megas
There weren't any in SM so no. No new UBs either because see above.
>>Battle Frontier
lol
>>Pokemon World Tournament
lol
>>Safari Zone
lol
>>Pokemon Following
Fucking no. Everyone needs to give up on this meme.
>>Lots of legendaries to catch (a'la ORAS)
This seems very likely to me. Kids love legendaries and it's an easy thing for GF to do to drum up hype.
>>Mythicals to catch in-game
Maybe not for USUM, but I think it'll happen at some point. Wasn't Deoxys a Mythical before ORAS?
>>Gyms
Maybe. Seems like natural progression, but it would take away one of Alola's most unique features (the trial system) so I can also seem GF not going this route. After all, USUM is an "alternate" story not a sequel.
>>Building/Decorating your own place (be it a house, base, gym etc)
They had to bring it back for ORAS but I don't see it happening at this point. That would be the kind of casual feature GF would advertise heavily in CoroCoro and they aren't doing that.

I really don't know what to think about USUM's content. It's not like GF--or Japanese companies at all--to keep big features like Battle Frontier or new Pokemon/forms a "surprise" when they could be shilling them to drum up hype.
>>
>>33519435
national dex was confirmed
>>
>>33519933
>Nope. Those are, programming-wise, brand new Pokemon and USUM has to stay compatible with SM.
But we already have Cheeto Dog and the hatchu, along with new legendary forms. Plus ORAS wasn't 100% compatible with XY, and I think they also had their own server for online battles.
>>
maybe
no
no
no
no
maybe
yes 100% sure this one will happen
maybe
no
no
>>
>>33517729
>New Alola forms
Likely, as carrot dog exists. But it's likely to be two or three more.
>New Megas
I wish. I just want Torterra and Porygon-Z to get one each.
>Battle Frontier
I wish even more. It'll give me a reason to buy Bank and move my mons from OR.
Could easily be integrated into BF considering the Battle Dome used to be a thing. Definitely wouldn't feature a lot of past characters again.
>Safari Zone
I miss it, but I don't see it happening.
>Pokemon Following
Only if they can downgrade the Pokemon models. Otherwise, hell no, the 3DS would explode.
That's why ORAS exists.
That's why Mystery Gift/Gamestop exist,
>Gyms
PC still has that little Trials keychain, so probably not.
No, because it's "exclusively" for Hoenn, or some bullshit like that.
>>
>New Alola forms
Highly likely, mostly because of GS VC releases and it would make USUM stand out enough from SM to encourage buyers.
>New Megas
Less likely. Megas were a gen 6 gimmick, GF locking some megas behind events and making others purchasable items make it seem as though they are choosing not to focus on them in favor of the current gimmick, Z-moves.
>Battle Frontier
Only as a handful of additions to the Battle Tree, not a full-blown Frontier like what we had with Emerald and Platinum.
Added on to the Battle Tree, not a facility like the original PWT. Even then, I doubt they're going to bring gym leaders, trial captains, kahunas and champions from 7 generations back in, so the roster will be significantly more limited.
>Safari Zone
Highly unlikely, GF seems to be weeding out the Safari Zone from the series as we haven't had one for three generations. Dream Park, if it happens, will be the substitute.
>Pokemon Following
Highly unlikely. Trailers would have showcased this outside of a rockruff running in circles.
Possible. On one hand, precisely because so many were available in ORAS, GF could expect you to Bank them up to USUM which would be profitable. On the other, because it's the final main games for the 3DS, they could make them available again to provide easier access to completing the returning NatDex.
Doubt it. Last mythical you could catch in-game was Deoxys in ORAS, and it's a remake of what was once an in-game event. Outside codes seem to be their current approach.
>Gyms
I have no clue right now. Trials are another gimmick of Alola, even if they're really just gyms lite. USUM could add them to, once again, stand apart from SM, or we could still have trials, only they wouldn't be last minute additions using recycled assets.
Maybe, nothing for or against this.
>>
>>33517729
>New Alola forms
Possible but not probable. Possible because we've got new forms which are technically new Pokemon (Which was promised). But not probable because GF take a lot of pride in Alolan forms and I think we would have seen them by now.

>New Megas
Much less likely. I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw another new Mega again honestly.

>Battle Frontier
There may be something similar, not out of the realms of possibility.

Once again...maybe. More likely to just be an expansion of battle tree.

>Safari Zone
I was initially going to say no but the area near route 8 with the guy in the Fossil Restoration Center who wants to create a prehistoric Pokemon park could potentially hint towards it, especially as we know that area looks different in USUM from the first trailer we saw.

>Pokemon Following
I'm 50/50 on this one. On the one hand it does seem like there's been some hinting in the trailers, on the other hand it hasn't specifically been announced and I would have thought they would have said something by now. I guess it could be possible with the Pokemon print club thing.

Maybe; part of me says yes because there's a lot of dex to fill up, the other part says no because we have bank.

See above

>Gyms
I expect there will be gyms as well as island challenges this time, or maybe even just gyms. Either way I expect gyms to feature.

I can only see it being gyms if this happens. I can't imagine the decoration element would be too strong though.

Honestly with USUM we're still at the stage where nobody really knows how feature rich the game is going to be. On the one hand, if S/M is anything to go by the outlook is bleak, on the other hand BW2 was only just announcing the protags in the Corocoro 2 months before release and it also had a deceptively barren front cover.
>>
>>33519933
>Nope. Those are, programming-wise, brand new Pokemon and USUM has to stay compatible with SM.
We already have four brand-new pokemon confirmed that are not compatible with SM. Someone tried scanning a code (or something similar, don't remember exactly) for the 20th anniversary hat Pikachu into SM and got an error message in return, specifically stating that it wasn't compatible with the game.
>>
From 1 to 10.

>New Alola forms
>New Megas
>Battle Frontier
>Safari Zone
>Pokemon Following
>Gyms
>>
>>33517729
>New Alola forms
95%. How could they not?
>New Megas
15%. They should but probably won't.
>Battle Frontier
15%. Probably buffed Battle Tree instead.
5%. Too hard to make so many 3D models.
>Safari Zone
5%. Not sure SM needs one.
>Pokemon Following
70%. That Rockruff scene looks pretty convincing.
20%. ORAS was so recent. What's the point?
5%. Why?
>Gyms
50%. Could see it going either way. Might try to further explore trials instead.
35%. They already have the basic concept from ORAS.
>>
>>33517729
>New Alola forms
I think we are going to get some
>New Megas
Doubt it
>Battle Frontier
Nah
I think something similar is going to be in the games
>Safari Zone
Yeah, but a fossil mon one
>Pokemon Following
Nah, that's for the switch
Yeah, this is possible, a la Oras... not sure if that much.
Only one if so, but i think not
>Gyms
mmm, think not, only postgame if yes
Maybe a house like in platinum, but i think the photo club takes this place
>>
>>33517729
>>New Alola forms
yes
>>New Megas
yes
maybe
Probably never, they're event only, always have been and will always be
>INB4 muh Deoxys
no to everything else
>>
Actual 60 fps gameplay on old 3DS.
>>
>>33520069
>BW2 was only just announcing the protags in the Corocoro 2 months before release and it also had a deceptively barren front cover.

Thats not true, they've shown protags, new gym leaders, hugh, colress, new cities and new features (join avenue, pokestar studios etc)
>>
>>33517818
>the photo club was a surprise feature, too.

triggers me every time when I think how much time and effort they wasted for this piece of shit
>>
>>33517729

we may get following starters and rockruff line including few others, they are shit so they will include only few before they let use all on switch game to grab moneys from hyped autists, they did the same during DPP era
>>
I've said it once and i'll say it again

Both Frontier and PWT are highly unliely to happen

In the past Frontier always replaced the Battle Tower of the region. Now the Tree is still there and Alola also has second place for farming BP: the Royal Dome (as its called in the game). They wont make another chain of facilities when two already exist.

PWT in BW2 was existing beside the Battle Subway but the problem with this is that the Tree uses PWT idea for its own: you fight known characters (very few of them so its very cheap) and the Tree bosses are Red and Blue with their special snowflake trainer class "Battle Legend". I dont see GF changing that given how much they suck Kanto dick

I think USUM will be the first "upgrade" game with no new battle facility just like ORAS was the first remake without one
>>
>hope so, somewhat possible
>hope so, fairly possible
>hope so, reasonable by metric of time needed, unreasonable with the approach GF takes recently
>god I hope not, they would have to put way more work into it than they would a Frontier which would have way more meat to it, I think it's more likely to happen though
>god I hope not, Safari Game was always garbage, it was one of the few instances of the cuts ORAS made being beneficial
>don't really care, and seems very impractical to implement right now with USUM
>probably happening, don't really care
>nah
>doubt it, except for
>I think the Vermilion Gym recreation is something like this but I dunno for sure
>>
>>33519933
>>New Alola forms
Nope. Those are, programming-wise, brand new Pokemon and USUM has to stay compatible with SM.

we have something called online updates now
>>
>>New Alola forms
Want.
50% chance.
Good idea, could use better execution.
>>New Megas
Do Not Want.
5% chance.
It feels like such a gen 6 thing. Like everything gen 6 it's a disappointment. I think we will get them in the future but in very small numbers like baby pokemon.
>>Battle Frontier
Do not care.
10% chance.
I like it when it's there but it's honestly too hard for me. I play pokemon to relax.
Do not care.
10% chance.
I play for the main game. My favorite post game is replaying from the start.
>>Safari Zone
Want!
1% just like the good pokemon.
I just want to catch more pokemon. Including a National dex too.
>>Pokemon Following
Want!
50%
It's cool.
Want!
20%
Like I said I like catching pokemon. The more the merrier.
Sure
5%
Why not?
>>Gyms
Want!
50%
I like both trials and gyms.
>>Building/Decorating your own place (be it a house, base, gym etc)
Don't care.
10%
I want a place to call my own but decorating is unnecessary. There should just be a couple of options like Skull house, Aether House, or flying fortress.
>>
>>33517729

>>New Alola forms

Pro: They are one of the most popular features of Sun and Moon. They are formes, so they can be added mid-gen.
Con: None have been revealed yet.

I think we will probably see a few. Even if we limit Alolan forms to Pokémon from Gen I with no Mega or cross-gen evolution that have not yet appeared in their regular form in Alola, there are enough candidates left.

>>New Megas

Pro: A way to add new Pokémon mid-gen that was used before.
Con: It's Gen VI's mechanic.

I believe Ohmori said they want to not do Megas this gen in an interview when Sun and Moon came out, but wouldn't rule out a return to them in the future. I don't think it's the future yet.

>>Battle Frontier
I'll put these together as “some kind of post game battle thing“.

Pro: People have been screaming for the Battle Frontier for ages.
Con: ...and we still didn't get it.

I am relatively optimistic that we will get some kind of more interesting post game battle place in USUM, even though it's been pretty basic in the last few games. I think it's a feature people want and that Game Freak knows about, though.

>>Safari Zone

No reason to bring it back. I don't think it's even a very popular feature.

>>Pokemon Following

That one scene in the trailer kind of suggests it might happen, but all other scenes don't seem to feature it. Probably a no, but would be cool.

A popular feature for third games. Low effort, as well. I will guess yes.

Not sure about mythicals specifically, but I Co und see some kind of event legendary becoming catchable. We got Deoxys in ORAS. Made something like Genesect could be available in USUM.

>>Gyms

I don't expect it, since trials enhanced the local flavour of Alola and serve the same function as gyms. Would make sense, though, since we are moving foreward in time.

>>Building/Decorating your own place

Since we have not yet heard of it: No.
>>
File: disbelief_over_anguish.jpg (111KB, 485x545px) Image search: [Google]
disbelief_over_anguish.jpg
111KB, 485x545px
>>33517729
For USUM to be playable, it would need:

>Removal of Alolan forms
>Removal of Fairy typing
>Few legendaries to catch, 3 at the greatest
>Removal of National dex
>At least 500+ catchable pokemon
>Introduction of at least 150 new pokemon
>Removal of over 50% of the game's cutscenes
>Re-working of cutscene narrative into atmospheric storytelling flags that don't require rails to explore
>Removal of over 50% of player-locked sequences
>Removal of 'slowed down' graphical elements that make the average time of every wild encounter agonizingly long
>Re-design of that ugly fucking HP bar
>Removal of mega-evolution, period.
>Three new starters
>Removal of Alolan starters from the annals of history
>Addition of pokemon following
>Expansion of the map by at least two islands, both of which are majority wilderness and not clogged with forgettable towns and cities
>Removal of trade evolution as a mechanic

to start, I guess.
>>
>>33519952
Please source
>>
>>33522248
>removnig alolan forms, fairies, megas, alola starters, trade evolution
nice mme
>removing national dex
>when it's not even ni the base gaem
>>
>>33522284
>using the contrarian nice meme meme to out-meme the memer

not joking fuccboi, level up
>>
>>33522248
>Removal of Alolan forms
I agree, but it's not happening
>Removal of Fairy typing
>Few legendaries to catch, 3 at the greatest
Why the fuck would you want that
>Removal of National dex
Why the fuck would you want that
>At least 500+ catchable pokemon
I agree
>Introduction of at least 150 new pokemon
I agree
>Removal of over 50% of the game's cutscenes
I agree
>Re-working of cutscene narrative into atmospheric storytelling
flags that don't require rails to explore
I agree
>Removal of over 50% of player-locked sequences
I agree
>Removal of 'slowed down' graphical elements that make the average time of every wild encounter agonizingly long
I agree
>Re-design of that ugly fucking HP bar
I agree
>Removal of mega-evolution, period.
>Three new starters
>Removal of Alolan starters from the annals of history
>Addition of pokemon following
>Expansion of the map by at least two islands, both of which are majority wilderness and not clogged with forgettable towns and cities
>Removal of trade evolution as a mechanic
As long as the core series are released in pairs, trading implementations will stay

Except from the two retarded opinions and some other nice but impossible things, I totally agree with you.
>>
>>33517729
>New Megas
If only
>>
>>33519933
>Those are, programming-wise, brand new Pokemon and USUM has to stay compatible with SM.
I mean it's not like that stopped them from doing new megas in ORAS that weren't compatible with X/Y
>>
>>33522248
I totally agree with this except, like >>33522302
said. The national dex removed and only 3 legends in-game to catch it's quite stupid.
>>
>>33522302
>why the fuck would you want that
Because bloating the lore to cram in fifty stupid mew clone legendaries is fucking gay as fuck, IMO
>why the fuck would you want that
Because the Natty Dex is a retarded function that only serves to cram interesting Pokémon behind the Elite Four wall and ensure I never actually get to level with them outside of begging on wifi or some dumb shit. Just give me a fat pokedex and a massive region so you can logically work them all into their own place, and let me hunt for my favorites to train before I go to the final boss. Jesus fuck the natty dex.

Not retarded to disagree, anon. This isn't a competition, you know.
>>
>>33522322
>Because bloating the lore to cram in fifty stupid mew clone legendaries is fucking gay as fuck, IMO
I agree, but the legendaries don't have to be included in the main storyline in order to be available in the game.
Something like a brief side quest post-game or something. Really easy to implement.
>Because the Natty Dex is a retarded function that only serves to cram interesting Pokémon behind the Elite Four wall..........
That issue is not the National Dex's fault. It's just retarded game design. "New Pokemon start to appear in places they weren't before because I have upgraded your Pokedex software".
This can also be fixed in many ways, like unlocking the National Dex early in the game -or even have it unlocked from the beginning.
Instead of asking the removal of a useful tool, ask for a fix to a stupid game concept instead.
>>
>>33521935
me too anon, a feature most people wont spend more than 5 min on it because it's too cringy
>>
>>33522107
>we have something called online updates now

not for game freak, remember ORAS and XY ?
>>
>>33522352
Why would upgrading my pokedex alter what wild species live in the world? Why not remove the national dex, and just include everything from the start in the normal pokedex? That seems like seriously idiotic writing to me.
>>
Or you can keep the National Dex and drop the entire "Pokemon locked behind the Elite 4" shit all together.
>>
>>33519952
>national dex was confirmed
No it wasnt
>>
0%
0%
0%
0%
15%
5%
25%
20%
50%
10%

search your feelings, you know it to be true
>>
>>33522372
Why did you have to remind me? At least 6th gen is over.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.