[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick, think of some buffs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2273.jpg (64KB, 640x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2273.jpg
64KB, 640x333px
>Levitate is exclusively
a Hidden Ability, giving Levitatemons not starting with "Bronz-" more possible abilities
>Freeze Shock and Ice Burn now work like Beak Blast
>Solid Rock and Filter halve damage instead of taking off a quarter
>Unnerve stops Leftovers recovery
>>
>>33515332
Everything but the levitate one is gold
Having levitate + another possibility causes 50/50s that in practice would be too confusing
Even having levitate become a tertiary trait without impeding ability would be better
>>
>>33515332
>Mega Aggron becomes unkillable
I am okay with this.
>>
>>33515332
>Freeze Shock and Ice Burn now work like Beak Blast
This would be neat
>>
Shell Trap does 80 base damage if not triggered, because that move is absolutely pathetic
>>
>>33515332
>Hustle Hydreigon
>Arena Trap Flygon
>>
>>33515347
>muh 50/50s
Oops guess I can't use Quagsire or Poliwrath or Lanturn because it would be "too confusing" for my opponent
>>
Levitate should seriously be a trait independent of abilities. They should introduce a separate trait system with other such things that are just passive traits of a Pokemon.
>>
>>33515446
>Arena Trap/Sheer Force Flygon that is still immune to ground
>>
>>33515483
That's an appropriate buff. I'd have AT replaced with Sand Rush, though.
>>
>>33515430
Quagsire's immunity to water is nowhere near as important that one too Ground on many Pokémon. Unaware it's always the better choice.
Bronzong is proof of this, having access to two viable abilities.
When it was a staple in gen 4/5 ou, many would run levitate plus air balloon, just because misleading an opponent would guarantee three free turns: one to switch in the "counter"/pop the balloon, pop the balloon/attack, and retreat to true counter/attack (an additional retreat turn afterward).
Bronzong has always been a passive Pokémon, but imagine giving up three turns to an already top OU threat that now has another potent ability at its disposal. Latios setting up substitutes + 2 calm minds, Gengar subbing, burning/sleeping/taunting the false counter, and then statusing it's actual counter, fucking Rotom getting a 50/50 between something like motor drive and levitate
It's actually better than having both abilities, because at least then you'll have a ready counter for both without guessing. Ability 50/50s are actually worse than Aegislash's move 50/50s because you could actually force it to decide and outplay it.
>>
>>33515483
they could theoretically change levitate to being just 50% or 75% resistance to ground moves if they determine it would be broken otherwise. but as long as they introduce other traits for non levitate mons then it could balance out fairly easily i think
>>
>>33515515
Sub-1200 shitters and Showderp-tier memers run Air Balloon Bronzong.

In any event, if they have levitate and another ability, when the meta settles there will be one ability everybody uses over the other. Case in point, Quagsire.
>>
>>33515611
No, like I said, it was a viable strategy when bronzong was relevant, and was a solid wall to stop even Landorus-T.
Quagsire is a terrible example because neither ability does anything to patch its checks
Any water type that accidentally clicked hydropump in front of it can click toxic or ice beam next turn, effectively getting around both abilities. Manaphy will always be a solid answer to that combination with energy ball. There's no 50/50 there. It's not the same thing.
Quagsire has never been top tier, only one ability is keeping it out of NU, it actually dipped into NU at one point in gen 6 regardless. If it wasn't for unaware, it wouldn't be remotely seen in other teirs, as even Seimitoad does water absorb better.
If a mon like Gengar, with offensive presence, a diverse movepool, and access to levitate, had access to a second ability better than Cursed Body, any misplay in guessing could cost the game or absorb all momentum.
If you're so hung up on levitate, Heatran would be in a similar boat its ability Flame Body was released. It can sponge a variety of contact moves and you'd only know which one it was when you've made a mistake. Even then, it's only patching neutral damage or contact moves, so it wouldn't be as potent as effectively removing a weakness or a method of attacking at the same time but having to guess.
>>
>Z-Explosion/Self Destruct: Before detonating, all affected targets will have their defense halved
>Having a speed stat higher than 999 will give your attacks the Infiltrator effect
>Pokemon will not experience side effects from incoming non-STAB attacks that are the same type as they are
>Turboblaze and Teravolt extend their effects to partner Pokemon's Fire and Electric attacks respectively

Heatranium Z: White-Hot Magma Maelstrom
195 BP, Fire, Special, Magma Storm
The user, Heatran, uses Z-Power to lash out and burn the target.
>>
>>33515332
Silvally's RKS System now works with Z-Crystal.
Multi-attack Z-move is now based on its Z-crystal too.
>>
>>33515807
It was literally never a viable strategy. Stop making things up
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.