[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best and worst type for monotype runs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1447801862791.jpg (264KB, 726x879px) Image search: [Google]
1447801862791.jpg
264KB, 726x879px
What is the best and worst type for monotype runs?
>>
>>33512594
Suprisingly, I think poison. Having only ground as a weakness, you could run a fairly nice team.
>>
>>33512594
Steel and ice.
>>
I assume it would differ based on the types of the gyms/elite 4 in each game.
>>
Best: Fire in Sinnoh
>>
>>33512610
When do you get thunder punch? Having infernape know it will help you a lot.
>>
>>33512602
Then what's the best and worst type for monotype runs in each game?
>>
>>33512598
>Having only ground as a weakness
shit move pool, tho. i've never managed to keep one on team, even when I'm trying my goddamn hardest. only one I've managed was alolan muk, but sumo mixed shit up
>>
Best are generally types that have lots of dual types, Grass, Water, Poison, Normal and Flying. They're available early and can usually cover all the HMs you need.

Worst are probably dragon and ice because you generally can't get any before mid-to-late game. If you're using eggs you can do anything though.

Best as in "easiest" would probably be Ghost or Steel because so many Pokémon use normal attacks, worst would probably be Bug thanks to the common weaknesses.
>>
>>33512598
Ground and Psychic.

Poison is pretty great for a monorun. Lots of options to make up for a sometimes small movepool.
>>
>>33512594
Depends on the game, but typically the worst tend to be either Ice, due to its limited and late availability, small movepools, and many ice types are pretty samey., grass due to similar problems ice types face, minus the ingame availability, and psychic after gen 2 due to combined problems both grass and ice face.
Rock
>>
When doing a monorun,say Poison with BW2, how soon can it actually start because you're stuck with your starter for a while.
>>
>>33515012
As soon as you get the first pokemon of that type you ditch the starter.
>>
>>33512594
Maybe water. You have water/grass water/ground water/electric water/flying water/dark
>>
First reply chooses my monotype run type for Emerald
>>
>>33515128
bug
>>
Dammit,I'm fucked.
Well, here goes nothing
>>
Is it "legal" in a monotype run to catch a Pokémon outside the chosen type if it will evolve into the right type, e.g. Flying with Trapinch to Flygon?
>>
The worst is almost always Ice-type because they're usually only available towards the very end of the game.
>>
>>33517108
Yes. Only look at the final evolution when determining if a pokemon fits the monotype
>>
>>33517108
Flygon isn't a flying type.
>>
>>33517160
>Has Fly in the name
>Not a flying type
>>
>>33517160
I'd originally planned on saying Butterfree but felt that would be a standard for early game shitmons.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.