[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vp favourite game discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6847.png (2MB, 1491x1727px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6847.png
2MB, 1491x1727px
So I have been on /vp for a good while, i'be gotten the idea that /vp favourite game is HGSS. If you disagree, argue why any other game is better
>>
File: 1504742036429.png (219KB, 556x646px) Image search: [Google]
1504742036429.png
219KB, 556x646px
I disagree because I'm an insufferable contrarian cunt, and the best Pokemon game is actually the one you dislike the most.
>>
>>33506365
I personally just don't like Johto as a whole. A majority of the pokemon had lackluster design, the gyms were uninteresting, and the level scaling of wild encounters was terrible.
>>
>>33506365
I love them, but they're terrible for nuzlockes. You'll pretty much have the same team for the first couple badges, baring the starter.
>>
>>33506365
I think HGSS has the least amount of things I dislike in them, and even though it was my first game, Gold version has my fondest childhood Pokemon memories attached to it.
>>
>>33506408
*wasn't my first
>>
>>33506365
its a pretty damn good one for the series, had cool shit like walking your pokemon, gen4, cool legendary events, remake of a popular gen, etc, but I like Platinum. Sinnoh Underground is fucking sweet
>>
>>33506365
For me gen 4 takes the cake. With platinum and soul silver it just wins me over. Do I think they're the best games? No I think so far black 2 has the definitive pokemon experience.
>>
>>33506562
never played b2w2. Black didnt really do it for me and im told it was better than the sequels anyway. what do you say to that
>>
>>33506642
Who told BW were better than the sequels? B2W2 are amongst the best games in the series.
>>
>>33506642
I personally like BW better than BW2 but most people seem to think the inverse. I suggest you checking it out; once you're passed the second badge (which is very early in-game) it opens up considerably and, as mentioned earlier, is arguably the best Pokémon game there is. If you did finish Black you can also connect the two with Memory Link and get extra content that references the original, and adds a few more things, like extra battles etc. It's also very well-rounded and decently difficult.
>>
>>33507205
If you have access to someone with the key for it, you can also play the hard mode, which is a decent challenge.
>>
>>33506365
GSC had cooler graphics and didn't have mons from the 3rd and 4th gens or as I like to call them, runny diarrhea.
>>
>>33506365
black and white 2 man thery are awesome
>>
File: Colress1.jpg (85KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Colress1.jpg
85KB, 800x450px
>>33506365
Indeed, HGSS seems to be one of the most loved/shilled game of this board.
However...I disagree!

I will never understand how you can you enjoy it with all these underleveled trainers/wild encounters, poor gym leaders team, that bad distribution and these underwhelming villains.
Along with the fact that not all the crossgen evolutions are included in the main game, trainers included even when they're available. (Hello Pryce)

I kinda enjoyed it...until I quit the comfy Ecruteak City, where the game started to be too open and become a total mess.
In my opinion, a Pokemon game too open with the actual mechanics doesn't work, game design wise.

People are often quoting this message of Morimoto while praising this game:

>"In addition, as I mentioned a little earlier, we've been greedy in the amount of gameplay elements we've squeezed in there. There's so much included that I even had colleagues saying to me: "Are you sure you should be going this far with a remake?" In that sense, it's not simply a remake - I think it's more than that."

Indeed, they added a lot of features compared to the originals...It does make the game better for a lot of people. (Not me)
Yet, this just sound like a red herring.
They fixed some mistakes, but not enough of them, they focused too much on the side things.
When alongside what I already said at the start of my post, there is disgusting blatant bad game design like:

>No Houndour in Johto.
>Remoraid too late and so evolving directly at this point, when there was way other more early water places.
>Teddiursa and Phanpy too late, when they were available early in Crystal.
>Slugma evolving so late with such a shit BST
>No Sneasel in Johto, not even in the Ice Path like Crystal.

In the end, with all that said, some flaws must not bother that much others as they bother me.
I try to respect others opinions as I can, but with this, when I see things like "Game in which GF put genuine effort into" "Best Game", I just fucking can't.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.