[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buff a shit move or ability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: starmie.png (169KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
starmie.png
169KB, 500x500px
Illuminate: Protective moves like Light Screen and Reflect will be effective longer.
>>
The amount of money obtained from Pay Day is now quadrupled if it knocked out an NPC's last Pokemon.
>>
>>33505810
Alternatively: Illuminate drops the foe's sp.atk on switch in. The idea is that a bright light distracts the opponent and they lose focus (pretty much the description for Confide, which lowers sp.atk)
>>
>>33505867
Alternatively alternatively: boosts the power of light-based moves (Dazzling Gleam, Signal Beam, Power Gem)
>>
File: Furret.full.1400041[1].jpg (224KB, 829x768px) Image search: [Google]
Furret.full.1400041[1].jpg
224KB, 829x768px
>>33505810
Run Away: Prevents the pokemon from being trapped in, both switching out and fleeing from battle.
>>
Keen Eye: Accuracy of moves is buffed by 30% like Compund Eyes
>>
Pick Up: if a Pokemon's item is knocked off, it can pick it back up after the turn has ended. 50% chance.
>>
>>33505810
You can switch out after a Hyper Beam, but you can't follow up with an attack. Applies to all variants.
>>
>>33506024
>>33506060
i like
>>
>>33506060
I'd say remove the 50% chance, we already have sticky hold and such. The only pokemon that get Pick up are prevolutions or pokemon that aren't good in general.
>>
Mega Launcher now applies to any "beam" or "Pump" move.

I.E Hydro Pump on Blastoise would actually be fucking boosted.
>>
>Ability
Light Metal also increases the user's speed by 1.5 (like a choice scarf)

Zen Mode now activates at the start of the battle or switch in.
>>
Change Magician so that the pokemon can now hold two items at the same time, but they must be different items and diffierent categories so no 2x Choice Band, Choice Specs+Choice Scarf or Sitrus+Lum Berry.
>>
Pressure reduces enemy accuracy by 5 percent
>>
>>33506030
Moves with an improved critical hit rate do 3X damage on a critical - a more specialized Sniper
>>
Inner focus increases accuracy by 10 percent
>>
>>33506200
Make magician make your foe's item dissapear.
>>
File: 58251184_p0.jpg (330KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
58251184_p0.jpg
330KB, 800x800px
>>33505810
Solar Blade becomes Grass Superpower
Trop Kick gets buffed to 80 BP
Volt Tackle becomes Electric Head Smash
Wild Charge becomes Electric Flare Blitz
Spark buffed to 70 BP, nerfed to 20% paralysis chance and 15 PP
>>
Toxic Thread now applies toxic status. It's LITERALLY called TOXIC thread in Japanese as well you stupid nips, REEEEEEEEE
Rock Smash now harsly lowers defense, and has an increased critical hit ratio
Head Charge now has 130 base power.
Captivate now works on the same gender, but only lowers sp.attack by one stage if the same gender.
>>
>>33505810
After missing 2 turns, a Pokemon with Truant starts having a regular turn order.
>>
Blaze, Overgrow, Torrent, and Swarm trigger at 50% health
>>
>>33505867
>>33506024
>>33506060
>>33506242
>>33506232
All good ideas.
>>
>>33506200
>Poison pokemon
>black sludge + leftovers
>with snatch
>steal your corsola's aqua ring & ingrain
>skill swap it hydration with jynx
the absolute healing beast
>>
>>33506156
Hydro cannon better be as well
>>
>>33506200
Hoopa-U ayylmao
>>
>>33506419
LO + leftovers. Damn. Imagine that on a team with bulu
>>
Illuminate increases your team's accuracy as long as the Pokemon with Illuminate is in play.
>>
File: 1499924048313.jpg (36KB, 539x524px) Image search: [Google]
1499924048313.jpg
36KB, 539x524px
>>33506181
>Light metal metagross
>>
>>33505867
Illuminate is just "Luminescence" in Japanese. It's not a bright flash of light, it's just perpetual glowing.
>>
>>33506875
shut up im always correct and you arent
>>
>>33505810
Sonic Boom
Type: Flying
BP: 85
Acc: 100%

Noivern, Exploud, and Primarina line get access to it
>>
File: Rocket_Delibird_Present.png (292KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
Rocket_Delibird_Present.png
292KB, 800x599px
Present becomes similar to Pay Day, but has a chance to drop random items ranging from berries to nuggets to fossils to evolution stones instead. Rare items are guaranteed if the system's day is December 25th

Delibird really deserves something good
>>
>Cut is now 60 BP, has an increased critical hit ratio and may raise attack. Either it stays normal type for normal type Pokémon with technician or it becomes steel type.

This happened while I was playing Pokémon White one day. It was at the beginning of the game, I made the Panpour I got learn cut. It was the first in my party and I entered a fight with a Patrat. In said battle, I happened to use cut, because why not, and my Panpour's attack raised. Nothing in the battle could have raised my attack, I don't understand how it happened. Did this happen to anyone? Probably not, no one uses cut in the first place.
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 132x98px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 132x98px
Submission, but instead of being garbage it's a fighting equivalent of all the other 120 BP recoil moves.

That or it's now a Fighting-type Head Smash.
>>
Submission becomes a fighting type Head Smash, giving it back the title of strongest fighting move (Focus Punch not withstanding).
Razor Wind becomes a flying type Frost Breath.
Slam remains 80BP but has its accuracy raised to 100. It stays a physical normal move, but damage is calculated using speed.
>>
Spike Cannon
Changed to 40 BP and rock type. Sets up Stealth Rocks on use
>>
Emergency Exit heals the user's HP and status
>>
>>33506953
Why would spikes cannon set up stealth rocks when there's an entry hazard called spikes? It would just make more sense.
>>
>>33506986
Basically an auto switch regenerator. That's fucking monstrous, Golisopod would be OU in no time.
>>
>>33506995
To avoid "but the move is called Caltrops in Japanese" autism
>>
>>33506986
This is pretty OP you mad man regenerator + natural cure + free switch

Just have it activate at the end of the turn if Golisopod is still under 50%
>>
>>33507007
Ah. Yeah can't stand those fucking autists.
>>
>>33505810
Mud Bomb: Buffed to 90BP at the cost of 10% of it's accuracy.
>>
TELEPORT (Trainer Battle Version): Dodge an offensive ability (unaffected by status abilities). If the Pokemon dodges a direct attack, sharply decrease the opposing Pokemon's accuracy. Fails if used multiple times in succession.
>>
Klutz: a held item gets dropped on the opponent if they make contact with you when attacking or use knock off. Each item has a "weight" for damage calculation like fling. Still cant use the item.
>>
These threads make me glad none of you work for Gamefreak and never will
>>
>>33507328
I'd say just make it a free switch. Like Baton Pass without the stat passing.
>>
Kinesis, Alakazam's signature move

Make it do big damage like Psychic in addition of the accuracy thing.
>>
Dragon Rage become a dragon type Rage with 40 BP
>>
>>33506986

Emergency Exit forces the opponent to switch out if Golisopod is brought below 50% hp.
>>
Topsy-turvy has priority
>>
>>33508198
Knowing Gamefreak, they'd sooner give it negative priority.
>>
If used at full health, counter and mirror coat act as a focus sash
>>
stone edge is buffed to 120 bp
>>
Foresight decreases the accuracy of the next move used by the opponent
>>
kinesis is changed so that it works like charge for psychic moves
barrage becomes psychic bullet seed
sharpen raises critiical rate in addition to attack
stone edge becomes 90% accurate
focus miss and aura sphere exchange accuracy and base power
>>
File: 1454173692018.png (192KB, 711x619px) Image search: [Google]
1454173692018.png
192KB, 711x619px
>Mummy can also be passed if the Mummy Pokemon attacks using a contact move
>>
>>33506934
Since when did Machamp and Conkeldurr have a love child?

Also steadfast is garbage but there is no way it could ever leave speed boost's shadow. How can we fix it?
>>
>>33508629
make steadfast give an omniboost like ancientpower/silver wind when you get flinched
>>
File: yesss.png (13KB, 300x189px) Image search: [Google]
yesss.png
13KB, 300x189px
Swift becomes a Quick Attack equivalent but special. Nerf if by 20 BP.
>Pic related actually gets special priority
>>
>>33508629
Make it raise speed every time its user takes damage.
>>
>>33509075
That or all of the always hit moves either deal double damage against does with evasion boosts or it drops them back down
>>
>>33509162
Still a weaker speed boost
>>
>>33508629
Make it raise speed by +2 instead of +1?
>>
>>33505810
Withdraw now acts more as a water-type synthesis instead of a water-type harden.
>>
>>33509162
>>33509251
Steadfast's advantage over speed boost is that it's on more Pokemon, it doesn't need to be buffed to match speed boost because the Pokemon that have steadfast would be broken with speed boost. It just needs to be as good as the other abilities those Pokemon have access to.
>>
>>33506903
Shut up Mockturne
>>
>>33508629
Make it Defiant/Competitive but with Speed
>>
>>33505810
Disable, have the ability to lock any move already used once,
1 lock per turn.
Lasts 2 turns.

Can't decide if it gets encore or just limits move pool to 3.
>>
File: IMG_4166.png (14KB, 153x237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4166.png
14KB, 153x237px
RKS System now turns all Normal type moves into the Memory type it's holding.
>>
>>33509251
Speed boost is OP as fuck.A weaker speed boost would still be very good.
>>33509595
>It just needs to be as good as the other abilities those Pokemon have access to.
Pokemons with access to Steadfast can have No Guard,Intimidate,Technician,Prankster,Sand Rush and Guts.I think my buffed Steadfast has the same power level of these.
>>
File: 1501812019536.png (497KB, 1225x1261px) Image search: [Google]
1501812019536.png
497KB, 1225x1261px
Solar Power only drains health on attack, like Life Orb
Healer can also heal user's status
Inner Focus also prevents full paralysis
Rivalry no longer reduces damage vs opposite gender. Boost reduced to 20%
Hyper Cutter also prevents self-inflicted attack reduction
Leaf Guard also boosts defenses by 50% in sun
Anger Point also boosts attack by two stages if the user misses
Magma Armor also causes fire damage on contact. 1/8th, subject to type modifiers.
Forecast automatically summons weather matching the type of move used. Preemptive like Protean.
Water Compaction gives Water immunity
Light Metal also increases accuracy of Steel moves by 20%
Heavy Metal also increases damage of Steel moves by 20%
Unnerve prevents use of any consumable item
Run Away also gives immunity to trapping effects
Sturdy also prevents a full health KO from suicide moves
Illuminate also boosts accuracy when the user misses
Tangled Feet also prevents self-damage from confusion
>>
>>33505810
>Early Bird causes 25% heal upon awakening from Sleep
It'll do fuckall in practice, but there will probably be some Rest sets that take advantage of the 1 turn 125% heal.

>Insomnia also gives +1 Sp. Atk. stage when it prevents sleep
>Vital Spirit also gives 1.5x Speed at <25% health
This helps poor Delibird's ability problem (as well as helping it get a Destiny Bond off while Sashed), and gives an additional perk for predicting a Hypnosis/Spore.

>Truant: "Loafing around" heals 1/8 HP and has a base (100 - [HP%]) chance to occur . This chance is increased by 25% for each loaf, and reduced by 25% for each attack. Multiturn moves only check for loafing on the first turn, but stack loafing chance on every turn
Just making it less shitty. Now Slaking is less predictable, gets at least a few shots off, and can finally use Solar Beam, but Giga Impact isn't entirely free.
>>
>>33510044
And since I probably didn't explain Truant very well, here's an example:
>"Slaking was sent out!"
>"Slaking is fully rested! Slaking gathered energy..."
A unique message appears at every guaranteed attack, such as at the start of the battle (and he isn't outsped with an attack). As he technically attacked, his attack chance is reduced by 25% to 75%.
>"The opposing Golurk used Protect! But it failed!"
>"Slaking used Solar Beam! It's super effective!"
This skips the loafing check, but gives him a (100% HP - 50% for two attacks =) 50% chance to attack next turn.
>"The opposing Golurk used Stomping Tantrum! Slaking took 50% damage!"
Slaking now has 50% HP and a -50% attack chance, so he's guaranteed to loaf next turn.
>"Slaking is exhausted and loafs around to rest."
A unique message also shows at every guaranteed loaf. Slaking heals 12.5% HP to 62.5%, but still has a -25% attack chance, so he has a 37.5% chance to attack next turn.
>"Golurk switched out! Go, Garbador!"
>"Slaking is loafing around."
Heals 12.5% to 75%, which is also his chance to attack next turn.
>"Garbador used Sludge Bomb! Slaking lost 10% HP!"
Slaking is now at 65% health.
>"Slaking is loafing around."
Tough luck, guy, but Slaking gets another 12.5% HP to 77.5%, and his +25% attack chance means he's guaranteed to attack next turn unless he takes too much damage.
>"Garbador used Gunk Shot! But it missed!"
>"Slaking is fully rested! Slaking used Return!"
He loses his attack chance, leaving him with a 77.5% chance to attack next turn.

Note that if Slaking returns and then is sent out again, it loses its loafing chance modifier, and that the odds of loafing are calculated before its attack rather than at the start of the turn, making it attack less often when outsped.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.