[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It'll never be surpassed. Just give it up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

File: heartgold-soulsilver.jpg (52KB, 460x210px) Image search: [Google]
heartgold-soulsilver.jpg
52KB, 460x210px
It'll never be surpassed. Just give it up.
>>
>>33505674
I already have, OP.
>>
>>33505674
but can it be baton passed
>>
>>33505674
Not until the Switch Kanto remakes
>>
>>33505674
But BW2 and XY exist
>>
File: 1502872655486.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502872655486.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>33505729
Fag
>>
>>33505674
they're by far the most polished games in the franchise; there was a bunch of shit in there they didn't need to add but did anyway

ORAS in comparison just feels like a lazy quick cash in.
>>
hgss is the mbdtf of the franchise. the highest point, the culmination of everything good about pokemon. so it could only go lower from there
>>
File: slxyb[1].jpg (23KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
slxyb[1].jpg
23KB, 600x512px
>>33505733
>XY
>>
>>33505784
Kanye sucks, /mu/.
>>
>>33505784
For real. HGSS was the last game I was legitimately hyped for, I'd scour Serebii, Bulbapedia, etc every day for new info. I'd speculate the shit out of the games on Serebii forums and /v/ sharing theories on how and what the game would turn out to be. I got it on the midnight release and clocked in 500 hours doing everything. The series has been downhill since then, B/W were mediocre in comparison, BW2 were good but HGSS was great. It's been absolute dogshit since the 6th gen.
>>
Is this the designated shitposting thread?
>>
>>33505856
yes.
>>
>>33505856
no.
>>
>>33505856
maybe.
>>
>>33505856
can you repeat the question?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (350KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
350KB, 1600x1600px
somewhat related
im thinking of buying hg since i dropped pokemon before it released
this is the sellers picture. is it normal for the sticker to be pixelated like this?
>>
File: crystal.png (27KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
crystal.png
27KB, 900x506px
>>33505674
Crystal is better.

>>33505895
>forgetting "I don't know"
Fag
>>
>>33505756
Call me a fag now, but we'll see who's laughing when the remakes drop.
>>
>>33505904
just emulate it
>>
>>33505733
>xy

Those are the worst games in the franchise
>>
>>33505904
>is it normal for the sticker to be pixelated like this?
Don't you think that's a stupid question? That isn't normal for any game. >>33505980 This is the better option anyway unless you're planning to buy the newer games too and want to transfer something from HG
>>
>>33506026
thats not oras
>>
>>33506160
>unless you're planning to buy the newer games too and want to transfer something from HG
im doing this and transferring all my old pokemon too
i was asking because my platinum and pearl dont have that level of pixelation
>>
>>33506026
That's not GSC
>>
File: Dawn.png (500KB, 565x785px) Image search: [Google]
Dawn.png
500KB, 565x785px
I personally prefer Platinum, but that might be my bias towards Dawn and indifference towards Kanto and Pokeathlon. Won't deny that HGSS has much more going for it.
BW2 also has a lot of nice content, but it's different from what HGSS or Platinum offers. ORAS is also an okay game, but only if you're into online multiplayer. If you're not, HGSS and BW2 outclass it in almost every way.

Honestly, since Pokemon is such a formulaic franchise, you've pretty much played them all just by going through one of the games. Depending on what you value, I'd recommend
>HGSS, for its single player campaign, side content, and local multiplayer features
>BW2, for the postgame and battle-related content, and non-standard (by Pokemon standards) features like phone call dates and achievements
>ORAS, but only if you like online
>>
>>33505674
>It'll never be surpassed
Except by literally every game in the series.
>>
>>33506367
nice b8
>>
>>33506474
not bait I legitimately find HGSS to be the worst games in the series
>>
File: IMG_3241.png (1MB, 1397x1158px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3241.png
1MB, 1397x1158px
>>33505729
>>
Lugia not being Water/Flying is a crime.
>>
>>33505678
Anon.....
>>
>>33505674
Bleh

BW2 is better, Platinum is better, Emerald and ORAS are better, BW is better and i'd even consider XY better because of the Pokemon selection and distribution within the region
>>
>>33505904
just emulate it. the cartridges are insanely expensive.
>>
>>33506026
But that's DP, anon.
>>
>>33507224
Wrong, the worst games are R/S
>>
>>33507268
Care to elaborate, oh opinionated one?
>>
>>33505674
You're right, but that's not a good thing. HGSS, despite being the best, are still severely flawed games, and Game Freak will never learn from their past mistakes and make something truly great.
>>
File: 1260585284155.png (41KB, 523x472px) Image search: [Google]
1260585284155.png
41KB, 523x472px
>>33505904
No its not. Try and find a trusted seller if you do intend to buy it. ONLY buy it if you want to play it with other people you know and do a run through, otherwise emulate it. The cartridges for this game are insanely expensive.
>>
>>33507591
This. And even if you want to play it with others you should consider just getting a flash cart, you could probably find a good one for about the same price you'd pay for HGSS if not cheaper.
>>
>>33505674
Literally the most overrated games in the series.

>Johto level curve is still awful
>copy pasted Battle Frontier with nothing new
>Still no actual plot
>Kanto still there just because
>No significant events happening throughout the game that aren't events

I don't know why people like Gen 2 so much. Johto is literally the most boring region we've ever gotten and GameFreak always have to throw in a bunch of stuff to mask it as something cool.
>>
>>33505904
Amazon is selling the Limited Edition with Figure for 52 bucks.
Just fucking get that instead of taking chances at 30 bucks' ebay fakes.
>>
>>33506026
That title belongs to and only to SM
>>
Morimoto needs to direct again.
>>
>>33507832
because muh 2 regions!

even though one is boring as fuck and the other is a hollow shell of what it should be and has literally nothing in it except nonstop trainer battling

Seriously, I like Gold and Silver but when people consider this to be the epitome of the series it's no wonder Game Freak doesn't try anymore.
>>
>>33507909
It's not sold directly by Amazon which means he's as likely to get a fake as he would on eBay. They don't moderate their third party sellers at all.

Also, at that price, it's almost certainly fake. The cartridge alone can go for 50 bucks to the right buyer these days.
>>
>>33508010
>epitome of the series
I don't think it's the best games in the franchise, but you have to admit that they are the best remakes.

While they didn't rectify many of the sins of the original (level curve, distribution, Kanto), but they did add a bunch that wasn't in the original games:
>Seafoam Islands, Unknown Dungeon, Safari Zone added back
>Pokeathalon
>Battle Frontier (I know it was a copypaste from Platinum... but which would you rather have? A copypaste or none. Cause you've gotten none since.)
>Based on Crystal, bringing all that gave to Gen2 like Suicune being easier to catch
And then there were some BS cosmetic things they added that people liked but add nothing but "comfiness"
>waking pokemon
>team photos
>Ball capsules returned too (another copypaste from Platinum, but one that is just cosmetic)

Unlike ORAS. Which aside from graphics....
Didn't improve on RS's base in any way.
Had GF decided to use Emerald as a base like they did with Crystal and HGSS, we wouldn't be having this discussion because then ORAS would be the best remakes.
>>
>>33505674
FireRed and LeafGreen would like a word with you.
>>
>>33508085
>what is dexnav
>>
>>33505895
You fucked it up!

>>33506237
Fucking this. I'm thinking of rebuying W2 since I lost my copy a few months back and never finished it to get to the good shit.

But that's just it--thinking of. I haven't moved to do it since it's just as you said; we've pretty much played them all by going through one. You've had the full Pokemon experience by Emerald. Diamond and Pearl, if you count online features.
>>
File: battle tower (crystal, gen iv).jpg (64KB, 499x189px) Image search: [Google]
battle tower (crystal, gen iv).jpg
64KB, 499x189px
>>33507832
>Johto level curve is still awful
Fair complaint
>copy pasted Battle Frontier with nothing new
Copypasting the second-best postgame isn't a bad thing. The reason people harp on copypasting in games like ORAS is because ORAS tried replacing a seven-facility postgame area with a single-facility copypasted postgame from XY. HGSS's copypaste adds to the game, going from a single-facility postgame to a five-facility postgame.
>Still no actual plot
Not a bad thing. Maybe it's not your cup of tea but I like it when my RPGs are able to be played without constant interruption. HGSS actually slightly annoyed me when I recently played it because I thought it had too many interruptions compared to GSC. I acknowledge that I'm old school, though.
>Kanto still there just because
GSC is a direct sequel to RBY, that's why Kanto is there. You got to go back to the original region and get to see how many things changed over time. HGSS even fixed some (not all) of the missing content from GSC Kanto with things like Seafoam Islands/Cerulean Cave/Viridian Forest and restoring music that was mysteriously absent from GSC Kanto. HGSS Kanto still could've been better but I enjoy it as an addition
>No significant events happening throughout the game that aren't events
Anon are you okay
>>
>>33506738
Your opinion is absolute dogshit.
>>
File: 1502942516734-pol.jpg (170KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502942516734-pol.jpg
170KB, 1000x500px
>2019
>Defying expectations, a Switch reimagining of Gold and Silver is released.
>directed by Tajiri
>Johto and Kanto redone completely
>towns, cities and routes have new designs
>new pokemon created for Johto
>perfect level curve
>each trainer class has its own AI
>single,double,triple,and rotation battles have equal distribution
>Team Rocket uses diverse pokemon
>You can rematch every trainer in the game
>their teams and levels always scale to yours
>trainer pokemon always have proper movesets that incorporate TM, egg, and tutor moves. also held items
>exp share is removed from the game
>pokemon now have more palettes, not just shiny
>shinies are now twice as rare but have completely redesigned colors and textures
>sevii islands available
>sevii trials for z moves
>Orre post-post game
>>
File: 1361345820333.png (75KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1361345820333.png
75KB, 323x323px
>>33507832
>needing plot to enjoy a game
I wish faggots like you would stay from not only Pokemon, but gaming as a whole
>>
>>33512107
>>exp share is removed from the game
dumb faggot
>>
>>33512204
You don't need plot to enjoy a game but when you try to make a plot and instead end up making a bunch of unrelated events that have nothing to do with each other occur throughout the journey for no other reason but to mask the game as actually having something interesting going on story wise, then it becomes a problem.
>>
>>33509715
>Anon are you okay

This goes back to the story thing. The game tries to add on a bunch of events that literally just happen but none of them are significant enough to be memorable. The best example I can name that actually was significant was the Red Gyarados going on a rampage and Lance for some reason coming to stop it.

However, why Lance? Why not his cousin who lives in the region, is the strongest Gym Leader, and literally a cave away from it? That's another problem I have with these games, where even though they are remakes, they didn't try to build upon the Gym Leaders at all and have them interact outside of their gym like they did with the Kanto Gym Leaders. And no, running to a different location outside of the town just to tell the Gym Leader to return to their job isn't the kind of interaction I'm talking about.
>>
>>33507832
Kanto is there since Gen 2 was a direct sequel. Also the fact that it gave you that much more content was fucking awesome.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.