[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Button Config.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: joy cons.jpg (24KB, 740x588px) Image search: [Google]
joy cons.jpg
24KB, 740x588px
Anybody else sad at how poorly gamefreak handles the series' UI? Now that the series is going to Swtich, do you have any dream button configurations?

>A/B/Dpad stay the same (ideally with an auto run option)
>X/Y assigned key items like fishing rods
>Right stick directions can be used for menu shortcuts. Up on right stick opens the pokemon party menu. Left opens up a healing/medicine option. Right opens up the multiplayer hub like festival plaza. Down is pokedex

In the PC
>Y instantly grabs pokemon instead of having to choose the blue arrow.
>X grabs pokemon by group like the green arrow.
>Right stick scrolls through boxes without having to bring the cursor to the box number at the top
>ZL and ZR scroll through 5 boxes at a time.
>R is the search function.
>start/select scroll through modes like "move item" or "team register"

Maybe I'm getting a bit autistic, but it's 7 generations in now and I still have to go through way too many button presses just to sort or heal pokemon. There has to be a better way.
>>
Left stick for walking, A for interact/confirm, B to cancel, hold B to run, Y for registered item. I'm good with that.
>>
>>33504206
>A/B/X/Y/L /R remain pad/Start/Select say the same
>c-stick is camera
>D-Pad is key items
>L2 and R2 can bw adjusted to be LR= A and R2= B
>>
>>33504206
You're not being autistic by actually caring about game design, something Gamefreak seems to think doesn't need more than 30 minutes of thought (at least passed gen V.)
>>
>>33504206

Now that the switch has a bigger screen, I'm hoping they can seriously overhaul the PC.

Make it a grid so you don't have to scroll through 30 boxes. Have a zoom out option to have 4 boxes on screen at once. Have an empty box to the side which temporarily store pokemon for organizing (like resident evil 4's attache case)
>>
File: 1503372008362.png (599KB, 960x945px) Image search: [Google]
1503372008362.png
599KB, 960x945px
>>33504206
You wirr be using onry one of the Joy-Con(tm) controrrers because Pokémon generation 8 wirr need two prayers at any time. Zis is to arrow more famiry fun, and herp bring peopre together! Haha!! XD

We hope zat you rike our new mechanics added to the Pokémon generation 8 games! It means zat duringu battre your famiry member or friend wirr habu a chance to assisto you! Haha!! XD
>>
>>33504381
That sounds awful enough to be real...
>>
>>33504611
it's so bad that maybe they've considered it
>>
>>33504206
You're not being autistic. There are many awful things in the game that I can't stand. It's 2017!

> Do you want to heal your pokemon? - No bitch I want an ice cream... everytime.
> Move everytime with B pressed
> Remember the D-pad you used to move? Now it's a very convenient shortcut to your rides you'll almost use it
> Do you want to release this pokémon? YES
> Do you want to release this pokémon? YES
> Instead of "Do you want to release all this pokemon at once?" -- Are you sure? YES
> What do you want to do? -Oops I choose the wrong option, cancel. -Ok goodbye!
> What do you want to do? again
>>
You can only use one joycon depending on what version buy
>>
>>33504206
Watch as they make the use of the touchscreen mandatory and you can only play without using the dock.
>>
>>33504793

I would probably use it portable mode exclusively if only for organizing pokemon. It would still be awful to require it and I can see gamefreak doing it.

>but if you don't play it in handheld, how can you use pokemon refresh!?
>>
>>33504206
The only good configuration after S/Ms shit removal of the accurate dpad is to allow us to configure our own controls like any good game does and ALL games should.
>>
>>33504381
ew
>>
File: 1504706225076.jpg (44KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1504706225076.jpg
44KB, 612x612px
>>33504206
>A will be for interaction, confirming
>B for running, cancel
>Y for registered item
>X for menu
>L=A returns
>other shoulder buttons have no use outside of switching between PC boxes and item menus
>left stick for movement
>d pad for movement
>right stick does nothing or is a third movement option
>zero camera control

I'm willing to bet my left testicle there will be no camera control.
>>
They should make the game have full camera control, it's fair enough that the 3DS games didn't have it because there wasn't a second stick on the 3DS. But the Switch has no excuse. Having full camera control would allow the overworld to be more complex and interesting, although knowing Game Freak the Switch game will just simplify the series even further.
>>
>>33507420
I'm certain they don't want any camera control because it means they only have to worry about one perspective and can be lazy with other modeling/texturing.
>>
>>33507496
That doesn't make sense
In any case, it would be harder to make a 3d model that only look good in one angle
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.