[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever initially strongly disliked a Pokemon only for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Deoxysdppokesafari_2.jpg (37KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
Deoxysdppokesafari_2.jpg
37KB, 500x260px
Have you ever initially strongly disliked a Pokemon only for you to later (for whatever reason) completely change your mind on it and started strongly liking or even loving it?

I absolutely hated Deoxys for the longest time, but over time it's become one of my all-time favorite Legendaries. Honestly have no idea why.
>>
>>33501564
Scrafty.
Absolutely loathed the design when the full gen V dex was leaked.
By the time the games were being released in the west I had grown neutral to it.
Then I used it during my first White playthrough and I loved it.
>>
>>33501564
happened to me with Magneton. I used to always hate it because I thought it was stupid that it "evolves" by just getting more of it, but then I saw how it was animated in Battle Revolution and I started to appreciate it more.

Still waiting for something to change my mind on Dugtrio and Klinklang.
>>
>>33501681
Similar feelings for Magneton for me, though I never actually hated it... just kind of felt 'meh'. It's now one of my favorite Electric types, though I still like Magnemite more just because I find it adorable. Though making it Electric/Steel in Gen II helped my opinion of it a lot, as well.

Dugtrio is just a badly designed Pokemon. It tries to do the same thing Magneton did, but it's just lazy since it makes no sense here where it was clever with Magneton. On top of that it's just three Digletts... who are a pretty lousy design as is.

Klinklang was an attempt to repeat the Magneton thing, but at LEAST this one tried to do something that makes sense. It's not the best design by any stretch, but adding gears to existing machinery DOES generally make that machinery bigger and better, so the concept at the very least deserves some credit. It's fun as hell to use, too.

>>33501649
I've never used a Scrafty that I can think of so I can't speak for it in that regard, but I did hate it originally and grew to like it. I just hated the smug, 'punk' look it has... but after realizing it's a lizard using its shed skin as baggy clothing I found it to be very clever and well designed, even if I still don't care for its smugness much.
>>
File: XY9_EN_70.png (165KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY9_EN_70.png
165KB, 245x342px
>>33501564
I disliked some newer mons designs but I played with some in the TCG and they grew on me.
best example is Garchomp.
I didn't care much about it but when i learned how to effectively counter EX-Pokemon-based decks.

Also the artwork is dope
>>
>>33501815
*...I started to love it.
>>
File: 38141833_p0.png (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
38141833_p0.png
2MB, 3000x3000px
The first one that comes to mind is Croagunk/Toxicroak. At first, they never appealed to me; despite their unique type combination, I always thought they looked sort of stupid and ugly, and their poses before Gen 6 were really boring.
But then Gen 6 changed their poses, giving them more personality, and that little change was enough to convince me to give them a chance. So I caught a Croagunk on Route 7 and tried him out in battle, and he ended up becoming a core part of my team because I liked him so much. Now, Toxicroak is probably one of my favorite Fighting-types, as well as one of my favorite Poison-types.
>>
>>33501564
Hawlucha
>>
>>33501784
See I kinda feel the opposite way about Scrafty. On one hand I love its concept and the idea of a lizard wearing baggy shed skin as pants is a super neat idea, but on the other hand I just don't like its design outside of that. Like they could have done it a whole lot better, and I don't like the way it looks at all.
>>
>>33501564
Serperior, I disliked because of its limited movepool (Mostly near to zero type coverage) in BW but then we got the HA and it's amazing
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.