[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: zAh1mk0.jpg (195KB, 1865x2500px) Image search: [Google]
zAh1mk0.jpg
195KB, 1865x2500px
What went so right?
>>
The idea was just so good. Nobody before predicted that they'll ever do something like this. Also with this they can keep the pokedex numbers down if they keep the feature, which they likely won't because that's how Gamefreak is.

2nd best feature for me after Pokemon walking behind you.
>>
>>33501114
>Also with this they can keep the pokedex numbers down if they keep the feature, which they likely won't because that's how Gamefreak is.
I really hope they do.

It lends itself perfectly to each and every region.
>Sinnoh remakes have Sinnoh Forms for a handful of preGen4 (like Psyduck line, but nothing with a GenX=>Gen4 evo)
>Gen8 continues having more variant forms to continue the design process for the Jellicent line: types for distribution needs
It's too good to just drop.
>>
>>33501150
>>Sinnoh remakes

Please stop posting.
>>
>>33501199
It's happening eventually whether you like it or not.

Hoenn remakes were completely unnecessary but they printed money. This trend will continue every time.
>>
>>33501199
They'll come in 1 or 2 games just skip them if you don't like them
>>
>>33500993
Definitely not raticate, persian, diglett, dugtrio, and the entire golem line.
>>
The only one I don't like is Persian. I've always liked Meowth, but never used one because Persian is really plain. I like Alola Meowth and had hopes its evolution would spice up Persian. I was planning to use one in my SM team, but it was disappointing.

I don't think I would even mind the bulbous head if the whole body conformed to simpler, cartoony shapes, but the main body of A-Persian looks just like the original, like a real feline. That's the part about it that's stupid. Meowth also has a very round, cartoon-mascot head, but his whole body looks like a cartoon character so it's fine.
>>
>>33501150
The rising Pokedex has been a concern of theirs for a while, so I agree that it's the perfect solution. Future implementation needs work though - they need an Incense or something to hold so you can force regional evolutions for the Raichu/Marowak/Exeggutor type forms, because it's super annoying to not be able to get their Kanto forms at all. Incense could double as a way of breeding Alola forms from their base forms and vice versa.

That is -
Exeggcute holding Rainbow Incense would evolve into Alolan Exeggutor when exposed to a Leaf Stone (incense wouldn't be consumed), regular Exeggutor otherwise
Alolan Vulpix holding Indigo Incense would make regular Vulpix eggs, regular form inheritance rules would otherwise apply

On your other point, Psyduck isn't a great example because it is already canonically in every region in its regular form. But limiting it to Gen I (and early Pokémon in general) is a sure fire way to kill the concept.
>>
>>33500993
Redeems the Pikachu Line
>>
File: Alolan Sudowoodo.png (533KB, 1245x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Alolan Sudowoodo.png
533KB, 1245x1000px
>>33500993

>Only 18 Alola Forms introduced in SM.
>28 Megas introduced in XY, then another 20 in ORAS.

The only thing wrong with Alola Forms are that we barely got any of them.
>>
File: Alt-Alolan-Persian.png (317KB, 900x788px) Image search: [Google]
Alt-Alolan-Persian.png
317KB, 900x788px
>>33501301
>>
>>33501114
>Nobody before predicted that they'll ever do something like this
But they did predict it themselves. Gen 4 introduced regional variants with Gastrodon and Wormadam even if it wasn't much it was still there. Actual regional formes aas we see in Alola are just the next logical step.
>>
>>33500993
Best feature desu. Hope they include more in USUM. Johto mons could use a make over.
>>
>>33501301
Alolan Persian is based off an inbred cat, which has very round heads. It's not aesthetically pleasing, but I love the concept. It added so much more allure and character to Persian.
>>
I agree, raticate grew on me but the other one are not so good. Love the other forms though.
>>
>>33500993
The moment I saw there's something for Sand I was happy enough with thier existence and most of them are pretty cool. We need more.
>>
Man USUM could be one of the best or one of the most boring Pokemon game just depending on if jotho alola & pokemon walking behind you is in.
>>
>>33501114
>>33501423
Why the fuck do people like following Pokémon so much? It doesn't do anything
>>
>>33501199
It's happening after gen 8 and you can't do anything about it
>>
File: IMG_5112.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5112.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>33501314
That's a really cool Alolan sudowoodo concept. I was scrolling past and briefly thought I was looking at some kind of sudowoodo ultra beast. Though that does make me wonder, if Pokemon were able to survive in ultra space, could they adapt into ultra space regional variants?
>>
They will drop regional forms just like they did mega evo. Next gen will have fusions. Only for specific gen 1 pokes of course. And their final evolutions only
>>
>>33500993
It put a new spin on old favorites and made them more relevant to the modern game, both casually and competitively.
>>
>>33501463
Agreed. It's so fucking stupid and pointless.
>>
>>33501311
>Psyduck isn't a great example because it is already canonically in every region in its regular form.
Do you not know what the word "remake" means?
I picked Psyduck because 1) I know it was already in Sinnoh and 2) doesn't have a Gen4 evolution.

If they remade Gen2~3 (or even Gen1 with newer gen mon in it), they could easily do things like:
>Johto Form Pidgey
>Hoenn Form Skarmory
There is no reason to not do so, should form be continued, other than autism.
>>
>>33502041
Johto form Pidgey would be a bit silly because the climate and environments are not really very different. Johto is right next door to Kanto. If they're going to keep doing it, they should pull Pokemon from very far away regions to alter. I'd be interested to see Kanto Form versions of some Alolan Pokemon.
>>
>>33501463
aesthetics and a sense of camaraderie.

in short: feels
>>
I love so much this feature.

I can't wait to see some other of the mons I don't like that much get a regional variant.

I didn't like Raichu at all and Exeggutor and now both are in my faves of each type.
>>
>>33502200
AND MUK!

I almost forgot that bastard. He boxed Decidueye and was the best single addition to my team that got me through the battle tree.
>>
>>33501150
>sinnoh remakes
>Pre gen-4 regional variants
see, here is where you and I differ. If i was involved, any revisitation of existing settings would include pokemon from subsequent settings with regional variants.

For example: if we were to revisit Gen 4, regional variants of pokemon from gens 5-7+ would be more interesting and appropriate. likewise, future returns to gen 1-3 should also have pokemon from gens 2-7+
>>
>>33500993
this shit reminds of crappy RPGs and the leveled ranked enemies get color changes and alternate attributes as you progress the game
>>
File: rpg enemies.png (74KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
rpg enemies.png
74KB, 500x300px
>>33502253
reminded me of this
>>
>>33502221
That's such a massive restriction.
Why would you limit yourself to 100% new Pokémon for the region? That kinda defeats the whole point of regional variants.
Especially for those Pokémon that don't originate in that generation's region.

Any and all should be on the table, save legendaries.
Especially when we started this design modus with ones like Rattata and Vulpix. Two Pokémon that are found in nearly every region.

Gen1 pandering aside, regional forms should be used to fit in with the flavor of the region. (Alolan Marowak or Exeggutor are probably the best example of what I mean.)

So long as that Pokémon family doesn't originate in that region(gen), have an evolution linked to the region, or is a legendary: they should be able to have a form.

(I'd also say mega evolutions need not be regarded as the same as a proper evolution.
So....
>no Sinnoh Togepi line
>but Kaloan Lucario would be fine)
>>
>>33500993
It's a way better idea than megas. Thanks to regional variants and Z moves being highly situational even if that wasn't GF's intention with them, Gen 7 was the only one to ever avoid power creep.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.