[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Water Routes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 28.jpg (22KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
28.jpg
22KB, 400x240px
Anyone else who hates them? The ones in Sinnoh are okay, not great but acceptable. When I first saw Alola I was kinda shocked, but luckily we didn't get anything besides some small stuff.
>>
>>33499571
Won't say they are the pinnacle of game design, but I don't mind them that much (especially in ORAS where they lowered the encounter rate). I find Sinnoh's caves worse imo.
>>
>>33499571
As long as the encounter rate isn't too high, I don't mind them. I think it's a nice change of setting from the usual grassy routes.

My main issue with water routes is that after gen 1 they added an extra 1 or 2 water HMs so you're either forced to use a HM slave or teach your only water Pokemon 3 moves of the same type.
>>
>>33499571
I like them, If diving were ever to come back I'd like them even more
>>
>>33499571
if there's something IGN took wrong was the Too much water meme
it's one of the things I would complain the least,you could go very fast if you caught a Sharpedo(which was included as a standard in SM) and go diving.The only bad thing was as always,the HM

the encounter rate was lowered and you could travel one route(Route 124 or 127) with only 3 or 4 encounters.Diving is much less annoying in comparison because they were located and felt like normal routes even.

GF could have put more variety of pkmn though.
>>
>>33499653
Nobody actually watched this review did they? The girl's criticism was something like that there were too many water types through the region, but the bullet point at the end of the review just shortened this point to too much water. In the context of the rest of the review it was clear this wasn't a reference to actual water routes in the game.
>>
>>33499571
>>33499618
It'd be nice if the encounter pools were diverse as well. Still, I kind of miss them.
>>
>>33499571
I don't hate the water, or the encounters, although they get annoying sometimes, my main problem is the navigation of them.

I hated the part from Lilycove until Ever Grande City in RSE because I like to fight all the trainers and explore everything, but it's hard to not get lost in the big space.
>>
I thought that Hoenn had some great water routes. It truly felt like you were exploring a vast ocean and trying to locate Seafloor Cavern, Sootopolis and all the shards was pretty fun. My only real complaints are that you need 2 water HMs to navigate it (3 if you include Waterfall) and the diversity of Pokemon on the surface was pretty poor considering the encounter rate was so high (although the underwater parts were fine since they were pretty much just regular routes but coloured blue).
>>
>>33499677
that doesn't justify the senseless reactions though
>>
>>33499571
I wouldn't mind if there was more pokemon variety. Wingull and tentacool gets old fast.

>>33500000
>>
The only thing I really hate is how you have to go through the WANT TO SURF? prompt every fucking time. It's especially tedious when you hop onto land, walk two steps, then have to surf again, repeat.
>>
>>33499618
/thread
>>
>>33499691

We probably would have forgiven Hoenn for that if not for ORAS pulling the exact same shit twice.
>>
>>33499571
Hi IGN
>>
>>33499687
Use the map.
>>
>>33499571
>oceans have a ton of different species
>hoenn's water routes have wingull and tentacool and nothing else apart from a corner with wailord
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.