[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the 3DS games a total failure?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: dusklycanroc.jpg (165KB, 741x316px) Image search: [Google]
dusklycanroc.jpg
165KB, 741x316px
(Not financially, obviously.)

XY: Totally barebones Kanto dick riding nation, many missed opportunities for a decent plot. The PSS was the only boon but they removed in only 2 subsequent games lel

ORAS: Added decent stuff but didn't fix the major issues in RS, didn't add the good features in Emerald despite HGSS doing the same with Crystal. Even had to rub it in with the copypasta French Maison in a Japan region

SM/USM: Pic related is just the tip of the iceberg
>>
>>33498996
The 3DS is just a transition device. If you want the full Pokemon experience restored, get the 3rd version to the Switch game they introduce, or if they miraculously release only 1 game first time around, then get that.
>>
Please stop, we know already. What kind of information can this very thread give that I already don't know?
>>
>>33499005
Literally no guarantee Pokemon will be good on Switch.
>>
what gaming 1st and 2nd ip really made there best games on 3ds? cant think of 1. im not blaming 3ds for pokemon games being shit recently but 3ds hardware alot of other ips
>>
It was a massive step down, the PSS online was the only saving grace and even that is gone, while SM butchers everything about the series and turns it into a glorified visual novel.

Actually step down is putting it lightly, it's more like a dumpster fire.
>>
>>33498996
>(Not financially, obviously.)
Nothing else matters. You just say that because they made your favorite games look like shit in that department.
>>
at least they were better than gen 5
>>
>>33499103
That's not saying much at all though.
>>
>>33499101
I'm glad everyone is admiring red and blue is the best
>>
>>33499108
Sure. As long as it gets you to admit that Emerald, Platinum, HGSS, and gen 5 as a whole are worse than anything from gen 6. Or SM for that matter.
>>
I liked them as much as the DS et al. versions. Maybe you're just getting too old op...
>>
>>33499114
Everything besides red and blue, Pokemon go, gold and sliver and d/P are shit compared to x and y and sun and moon

Look how the sales bruh! Hell Pokemon go is best Pokemon game ever made check the revenue that you won't get!!
>>
>>33499122
Correct. Glad you understand.
>>
The first game in every generation since Gen V has been lackluster as shit.

Too bad the PokeNav never came back after ORAS though
>>
>>33499126
I really hope they abandon Nintendo systems. They leaving so much money on table. Hope they go full mobile with f2p. Make 20 pokeballs cost a dollar

Imagine the billions they make
>>
>>33499130
I unironically agree. Ideally, consoles and handhelds would just die entirely. Fuck 'em.
>>
>>33499131
Hope it happens too. We need more Lillie on phones
>>
>>33499130
You can already play the superior games on phone emulators, for free.

New games will continue to be garbage on phones, only with additional microtransactions.
>>
File: marie go.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
marie go.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
>>33499130
>>33499131
>>33499137
>>
>>33498996
No, you're just a whiny baby
>>
>>33499101
No he says that to be inb4 people use the sales as an argument towards quality, which is illogical when the sales are determined by marketing.
>>
You are not the Target audience anymore
>>
>>33499116
this
>>
>>33499114
>Emerald, Platinum, HGSS, and gen 5 as a whole
It's a shame since these are the best games in the franchise
>>
>>33500145
And this is what it comes down to, ladies and gentlemen. Turn off the lights, everyone go home.
>>
>>33498996
Bah, thanks to xy I decided to buy the new 3ds (i come from the generation of gba, I stopped on smerald and played on emu for the other next gen)
Then I bought oras and really the hyper flying excited me so much, also I liked the graphic and the extra stories
Then came out sun and moon and really i liked so much more than other games
Now is coming out usum and im sure I will be satisfied again, I don't care if is a sequel, I'm sure there will be more.

I don't like the thing of pokemon in switch but I'm sure I will also like it because I'm a fan of Pokémon and everything Is beautiful also without more features than expected.

Sorry for the English if any anon gets triggered
>>
>>33498996

>(Not financially, obviously.)

You answered your own question. People love these games, and maybe you being an adult who has played through them dozens of times is why you don't like them anymore.
>>
>>33500165
>It's a shame since these are the best games in the franchise
This. But Kanto pandering sells more unfortunately. I think it's more of a travesty that many regard the DS games as the "dark ages" of the Pokemon franchise.
>>
File: 1486268395860.png (271KB, 634x476px) Image search: [Google]
1486268395860.png
271KB, 634x476px
>>33498996
>can finally customize my character
No. The only things that annoyed me were Lillie and how being legit is still such a fucking grind.
>>
>>33499005
>Pokemon on the Switch
Um no faggot
>>
>>33500514
>he doesn't know
>>
Why the fuck cant you earn exp in the battle maison and battle tree?
>>
>>33498996
>Totally barebones Kanto dick riding nation

Not as much as SM
>>
>>33499005
First XY was the transitional step, now it's the entire handheld library. Two entire GENERATIONS. Have you considered that they were "transitioning" to something you don't like, and that they finished the process years ago?
>>
>>33499130
Phones aren't powerful enough yet. Pkus, they said nintendo are good buisness partners. They will stick with nintendo for a long time
>>
>>33498996
I wouldn't say they were total failures since they did do some things right like making the GTS easier to use. But even though they same a few good points, they're still a massive step backwards in terms of content and difficulty.
>>
>>33501368
for pokemon, phones are powerful enough
>>
>>33501733
No, the os in phones take up too much ram. My s8 has 4gb ir ram but usually only has 1-2 avalible because android 7 is a tank of an os. Mabye nintendo will keep makibg hybrids, that would be a good buisness decision. Just make the switch 2 instead of something like the nintendo box.
>>
I really cannot stand the stupid gamefreak method of introducing something good then taking it away the next version
>>
>>33498996
Kinda sad that XY didn't get the sequel/3rd version treatment. And how Zygarde was handled in SM was just simply dreadful. Not getting to change the perfect form of Zygarde at will was a mistake.

I am cautiously optimistic for USUM, though barely. I'm intrigued by the Necrozma parts on Solgaleo/Lunala and that potential Necrozma form on the japanese boxart. Though, personally the 3DS games have been mostly enjoyable imo, just a lot of lost opportunities that never got to happen which is disappointing.
>>
>>33499130
They can't. Nintendo shares ownership of the copyright along with GF and TPCI. GF can make other games like Tembo for other systems but not Pokemon.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.