[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Pokemon fans considered weebs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2121.png (81KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2121.png
81KB, 500x364px
Are Pokemon fans considered weebs?
>>
>>33497900
No, pokémon is among the top 3 best selling video game franchises in the world. If anything pokémon fans are considered plebs.
>>
>>33497900
Only if they sperg over you calling the rival Blue instead of Green, even though they still call everyone else by their localized names.
>>
>>33497936
Why would I call the rival a name I don't like and that I do not accept when the game itself asks me to choose his name?
>>
Not at all
>>
>>33497900
they're considered furries
>>
File: 1497474708777.gif (152KB, 400x433px)
1497474708777.gif
152KB, 400x433px
>>33497900
no, we are considered furries, and I wear that title as a badge of honor
>>
>>33497900
Pokemon fans are the most Normalfags kind of fans, hell If a girl can pretend to know about your game and get away with it then your game is normalfag.
>>
Nah the ashnime is garbage,nobody like it
>>
>>33497976
What if you obsess over the many manga?
>>
>>33497955
Who said I was talking about you? Don't be so insecure.
>>
File: May.jpg (64KB, 600x600px)
May.jpg
64KB, 600x600px
Depends on the type of fans. The average casual player who just buys the game, doesn't care for waifus, maybe breeds a tiny bit in Gen VI/VII for PvP, and plays other games too isn't much of one, if at all.
Here? Probably the modern "weeb" where liking Japanese stuff makes you it. Especially with more recent changes to the series changing to a more modern anime demographic, with the story-based elements, cutesier human designs, and more blatant fanservice/shipping, starting at Gen V with the N plotline and dating Yancy, to going on a full-on date with May in an RS remake and everything about SM's story.
You'd also have to be a massive hypocrite to call other things "weebshit" and turn a blind eye to this.
>>
>>33498000
You were. That's what I do. It has nothing to do with being insecure, I couldn't care less about what you (or the localization team, or even the source material for that matter) say, I come first.
>>
>>33497955
>>33498037
found the weeb
>>
>>33498043
Yeah, that's really shameful, particularly on 4chan of all places.
>>
File: primarina26.jpg (917KB, 2620x2350px)
primarina26.jpg
917KB, 2620x2350px
>>33498023
>us true otaku
you faggots are just as cunty as the ironic weeb shitters
is having a hobby and expecting you to act like a functioning human being too much to ask?
>>
>>33498059
I said "modern 'weeb'" because some people use the term differently, that's all.
No need to get so upset.
>>
>>33498023
How is a figure weebshit? Nothing wrong with collecting things from a series you like.
>>
File: Lucina.jpg (82KB, 600x600px)
Lucina.jpg
82KB, 600x600px
>>33498113
How do you feel about this, then? I'm mostly just referring to the people that call any sort of anime figurine weeb bait, but ignore it when Pokemon's been doing the same as of late.
>>
>>33498113
don't try to reason with someone deluded enough to use terms like "modern 'weeb'" in a serious context
>>
>>33498139
I don't consider that "weebshit" either, like I said there's nothing wrong with wanting to collect things from a series you like.
>>
>>33497900
No, first of all, Pokemon is too well known as to be considered a weeabo thing, also, outside of the first and second season and now SM, pokemon rarely shows japanese references and culture related things, to the point that the text in the anime, is a made up langague.
Also after Pokemon go, everyone can consider themselves ''pokemon fans''
>>
>>33498146
Like I've said before, I said that because some people use "weeb" to denote Japanese-obsessed people who try to become Japanese, while others use it to just call anything Japan-related "weeb". There are some people who do use either term, so if I didn't say that, then there'd be someone saying "Pokemon can't be 'weeb' because it doesn't pander to the Japan-obsessed freaks"
Why are you so angry about this, anyway?

>>33498160
Alright, then that's fine.
>>
>daily waifu threads
>series revolves around being a grorious nihonjin in all but two games, even Kalos and Alola which take place outside of Japan have you play as a Jap who moved
>"b-but we're not weebs see! Pokemon's a normie franchise!!"

>>33498164
Dragon Ball Z is popular and well known but the crazy obsessive fanboys are most definitely weebs. Same with Pokemon
>>
>>33498171
because I put up with asshats like you on steam for years when I still used it
>>
>>33498192
What makes you think I'm some "true otaku faggot"? I don't care at all about most "weeb" things, and even with Pokemon I just play the games. I only said it because of the people I mentioned before. No need to be so hostile about this.
>>
>>33498191
>daily waifu threads
This is fucking 4chan, a board made by and for weebs, what the fuck do you expect

>series revolves around being a grorious nihonjin in all but two games, even Kalos and Alola which take place outside of Japan have you play as a Jap who moved
A what now?

>"b-but we're not weebs see! Pokemon's a normie franchise!!"
After pokemon go, a game without waifus or japanese references, went super masive and every fucking kid had it on their phones, making their parents think this is just a smart phone pet collecting game, yeah, i would say this at one point had more normies than weebs as their fans.

>Dragon Ball Z is popular and well known but the crazy obsessive fanboys are most definitely weebs. Same with Pokemon
That's because Dragon ball is mainly an anime based franchised, where pokemon is a video game based franchise, Dragon ball fans, to get the latest content, have to watch subtitled japanese episodes, while pokemon fans have to just wait for the latest game that will always come with everything in english right away.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.