[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

because everyone and their dog is doing it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0977.png (126KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0977.png
126KB, 640x460px
What's the point of giving these guys bad stats, bad HAs, or both; not to mention all the starters with bad movepools? I can't see why they can't try to make each starter equally good, even if it's just within a set. Yes, some of their designs could have been better - eg. Delphox's 3D model and Incineroar's overly cartoony unstable proportions, but that isn't their biggest problem.

The BSTs range 525-535. Even with the ones that are higher up, adding a few points to a certain stat so everyone shares Swampert's 535 or moving some could really help them out. Say what you say about minmaxing, but in the grand scheme of things it's better than just making something with equal offences when it affects its other stats and doesn't have a movepool that can make use of both. You can't make everything a Greninja, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to put in some effort to make the most out of something like Meganium. There's often a big contrast between the most usable starter of a generation and its fellow triad.

With VII - for Decidueye and Incineroar, their special attacks are uselessly high for the few special moves they learn, a quarter of which being moves nearly every FE Pokemon and every starter get. The Rowlet line learns no special moves levelling up. Incineroar is the only starter to lose points in a stat, in its case speed, which arguably is THE most important stat for viability, not to mention that its only choices for physical Fire attacks are the abysmal Fire Fang and the suicidal Flare Blitz. For Decidueye and Primarina, their HAs are incredibly situational - unless Primarina gets something like Boomburst, Liquid Voice is inferior to Torrent. All three of them suffer Alola's speed problem and are outsped by most other starters.

Unfortunately, while GF likes to adjust stats in newer gens, starters and legendaries are left out. It's unlikely that they'll give them the statbuffs they need for the sake of flagship consistency outside of Megas/equivalents.
>>
File: typhlosion_by_seiryuuden-d6wjpga.png (529KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
typhlosion_by_seiryuuden-d6wjpga.png
529KB, 1000x667px
hey hear me out
wouldn't it be funny
if we gave typhlosion the same stats as charizard
lol
>>
>>33497585
Delphox and Incineroar are ok. I admit, Delphox's design could have been "better", but it's not shit. The only Pokemon design that's shit is literally the Popplio line. I'm not arguing or fighting over starters, they just have absolutely horrid designs. I'm 22, and have seen all of Pokemon, and the beta gen 2 water starter that was trashed would have been better than those ugly pieces of garbage.
>>
2 posts in and the thread is already gone to shit
>>
>>33497585
If I didn't know any better I'd say that GF went out of their way to make every new Alola 'mon shit except for the legendary Pokemon. And not just competitively either, the designs this time around just feel much weaker than Gen VI. Nothing has the mass appeal of, say, Greninja or the more marketable Megas, and while that's somewhat to be expected, the fact that one of the most popular designs of the new generation is literally a grim ersatz Pikachu is rather disappointing, at least to me.
>>
>>33497629
Most of the FE Alolamons are in RU and below, woth the majority of said group being in PU.
>>
>>33497629
You may be right, and I like not just the starters of this gen but all of the mons in general as well. Hopefully move tutors and HAs being given out will raise their prospects.
>>
>>33497613
It really hasn't. I'm just pointing out my view. I lurk a lot, and that's what I've seen, and what my opinion is too.
>>
>>33497629
Exactly!! This!!
>>
File: 1504869200532.png (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1504869200532.png
2MB, 2000x2000px
Primarina is completely fine with torrent. Mayble GF will back pedal and give liquid voice a 20% buff down the road...maybe.
>>
>>33497671
Or maybe, just hear me out, maybe GF will retcons "him", as a moral decision, and we can all be free of "his" hideous design.
>>
File: 1480779822789.png (137KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1480779822789.png
137KB, 500x475px
>>33497679
There are 802 pokemon excluding alternate forms. Stop with the bitching over one design.
>>
>>33497679

Just continue not using Primarina if you hate it do much. Get over it already.
>>
I am actually very happy with the fact that alola starters aren't soo overpower

because this shit about making in every fucking new generation the pokemons most and most powerful (and made the old ones shitmons with it) is FUCKING BULLSHIT

I FUCKING HATE GRENINJA

and then we had fucking Mega Rayquaza, the stupidest thing they could add to pokemon.

so this mega bullshit finally ends in Sun and Moon, and we had new "normals" pokes

Primarina and Decidueye are UU, good enough for me.
>>
>>33497724
Owl is RU, you retard.
>>
>>33497724
>normal=wasted potential
okay buddy, have fun with your slow frail mixed attackers. Prima seems like the only decent one though.
>>
I've made stats if GF gives them Megas.

Mega Decidueye
Type: Grass/Ghost
Ability: Stakeout
Base Stats: 78/137/95/110/110/100

Mega Incineroar
Type: Fire/Dark
Ability: Sheer Force
Base Stats: 95/155/105/80/105/90

Mega Primarina
Type: Water/Fairy
Ability: Liquid Voice
Base Stats: 80/84/94/166/136/70
Gets Boomburst

How good are they now?
>>
>>33497629
The designs feel like some of the strongest in a while honestly, outside of the USUM forms. I just wish they were better competitively. I don't know why they all have bad speed except for the roach and the bee fly.

The problem I think you're having is that there's no designated "coolmon," which is generally whats causing a lot of this shitposting. We've generally had some Lucario wannabe in every gen since its debut, and now that we finally have one it's literally another mon with a carrot filter over it midway through the gen.... and its event only.
>>
>>33497629
This, Its like pulling teeth trying to train alola mons. There's no reason a Lv 90 mon is being outsped by a Lv 60 one in game.
>>
>>33498218
Give Primarina Serene Grace and drop that Boomburst shit.

Incineroar should have a unique ability called "Charisma" that auto-taunts the opponent on a switchin. Being a Heel and all.
>>
>>33498218
I'm pretty sure Primarina would outclass Mega-Primarina, there's not really any reason to not spam Boomburst so being Choice Locked isn't a big deal and you could use another mega in your team. Aside from that, they are good.
>>
>>33497585
How can you balance every starter without stepping all over their toes?
>>
>>33498240
Good point.
>>
They gimped the Alola Trio just so they could shill Greninja for a little bit longer.
>>
>>33498218
>water boomburst off 166 spa
you are one retarded motherfucker
>>
>>33498240
This. And if we're speaking aestheticly, why didn't GF make Decidueye's HA sniper? THAT would've made more sense for an archer pokemon than some gimmicky new one like long reach.
>>
>>33498667
Like how they gimped Chesnaught and Delphox?
>>
>>33497585
>Liquid Voice is inferior to Torrent
not for doubles and bara cat gets a good HA so only school shooter owl got cucked with its ability
>>
>>33498786
Because surely, a Water-type Hyper Voice with no boost is worth losing powered up Water moves at low health.
>>
>>33497585
They're bad by design actually, nearly every starter has to have good or at least usable mixed offenses to a degree so that stupid children that use stupid sets and stupid moves aren't going to be left for shit. Unfortunate but true, though increasingly over the past couple of gens we have had the first few starters with very little attack (delphox and primarina) so it could be a good sign for the future, but don't get your hopes too high on that front. Minmaxing is what tends to make pokemon good, especially with lower stats.

As for HA's and terrible movepools I got nothing. There's no real reason samurott should have a defensive HA, there's no real rhyme to the total lack of moves delphox learns.
>>
>>33498993
>Minmaxing is what tends to make pokemon good, especially with lower stats.
But isn't that what I said?
>>
>>33499016
And they can't really minmax the starters terribly hard because they need to be able to do everything well to a degree. Even dudes like greninja have absurd bulk for what their design would let on.
>>
>>33497585
Because Gamefreak doesnt care about how good something does in battle, and only cares about how cool/cute something looks so they can sell merch
>>
File: tumblr_oeu7mxEdLH1qlrz08o1_1280.jpg (1MB, 839x1191px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oeu7mxEdLH1qlrz08o1_1280.jpg
1MB, 839x1191px
>>33497585
I'm sure we'll be seeing Incineroar much more frequently once its Hidden Ability - Intimidate is released. Intimidate/Fake Out is a very strong combo only available to Scrafty and Hitmontop, both which get destroyed by Fairies/Psychics/Flying.

Decidueye and Primarina have practically useless HA but at least Primarina has solid stat allocation.

>>33498950
While loosing the Torrent boost is bad, a spread water move that doesn't hit allies is very beneficial (the only other is Muddy Water and not available to Primarina)
>>
>>33499045
I don't know, man. They definitely put a lot of effort into making Greninja ridiculously overpowered in comparison to most of the recent starters.
>>
>>33499674
And yet they put no effort at all on Blaziken other than Speedboost and they turned it into a monster.

I swear sometimes Gamefreak doesn't know what it's doing.
>>
>>33500087
>sometimes
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.