[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blaziken in OU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: blaziken.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
blaziken.png
50KB, 250x250px
I agree on the fact Mega Blaziken is busted and should stay in Ubers, but i really feel like Blaziken isn't that busted and should be granted a suspect test to see if he really deserves to be banned or not. People were saying Greninja would stay Ubers forever, same for Mega Mawile. But look where they are now. What is /vp/ 's opinion on this ?
>>
>>33495508
Blaze would, of course, be its only usable ability.
>>
>>33495508
after the baton pass ban i agree, i'd make it ou
>>
>>33495508
Priority being kill only makes it more broken.
>>
Name me one Pokemon in OU that can counter Blaziken.
>>
There are some mons in Ubers that could be in the current OU metagame, Blazikan is one of them.
The question is would that really make OU better ?

That's probably why it's still banned. Same goes for Genesect and Aegi. Better ban the frog and Magearna instead.
>>
Life orb Blaziken hits harder than MegaKen, so unless they ban Speed Boost, it will likely stay Ubers for a while.
>>
>>33495529
/thread
>>
>>33495529
Dugtrio, kingdra, toxapex provided the right set, any bulky resist, anything with earthquake, provided it survives, Lati@s, chandelure does it hard, rotom wash, to name a few.
>>
>>33495559
>he doesn't know what a counter is
>>
>>33495559
I forgot priority users, especially greninja.
>>
>>33495559
dugtrio is not a counter, kingdra can't switch in, toxapex dies to +2 LO earthquake, blaziken can learn knock off. Some can technically be 'counters' but only if it doesn't have a certain move, meaning it isn't always a counter
>>
>>33495559
None of them enjoy switching in on a high jump kick or a knock off.
>>
>>33495559
Literally none of these counter Blaziken. It can at 2HKO every single one of them.
>>33495572
And I asked for counters, not checks you retard.
>>
>>33495529
Ash greninja counters Blaziken pretty hard with Water Shuriken for example (and also the examples given before me)
>>
>>33495572
That's a check, not a counter.
>>
>>33495579
>Ash greninja counters Blaziken
Please stop using words you don't know the meaning of.
>>
>>33495579
you low elo faggot doesn't know what a counter is, how can you be this fuckign aids retarded? I wanna see all you casuals dead.
>>
>>33495578
at least*
>>
>>33495587
Said words weren't official jargon. Then again, this whole meta isn't official, so what can I say?
>>
>>33495559
>>33495579
>it's 2017
>people still don't know the difference between check and counter
>>
And what about Tapu Fini ? Tapu Fini is pretty great against a potential Blaziken and Tapu Fini is already very meta
>>
>>33495593
say nothing because you are fucking ignorant
>>
>>33495601
>Tapu Fini is already very meta
lol B+ rank
>>
>>33495601
Salamence with that resist. Immunity to eq applies.
>>
>>33495601
+2 thunder punch kills after rocks and +2 blitz still does over 50%
>>
>>33495559
>to name a few
You didn't name any.

To give you an idea of how devastating it is, this is what Blaziken does to a Hippowdon, compared to powerful OU Megas:
>+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Blaziken High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 367-433 (87.3 - 103%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
>+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 357-420 (85 - 100%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
>+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 358-423 (85.2 - 100.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

And it has Speed Boost.
>>
>>33495601
Thunder Punch.
Swords dance is also common on Blaziken.
>>
>>33495618
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blaziken: 428-506 (142.1 - 168.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
>>33495647
4 SpA Blaziken Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega: 548-648 (160.7 - 190%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:^)
>>
>>33495647
>252+ SpA Life Orb Sunkern Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Swampert-Mega: 348-411 (102 - 120.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
>>33495664
Da fuq kind of blaziken runs grass knot?
>>
>>33495678
One that adapts to the OU metagame as flimsy counters increase in usage.
>>
>>33495678
It's actually z-solar beam. I was trying to make a point that just because something can ohko something doesn't necessarily mean it's a counter. Also it doesn't get grass knot
>>
>>33495685
Yeah but then it will have to bypass protect or swords dance or thunder punch. It cant have all the moves to check its counters
>>
>>33495697
Blaziken is like Greninja in that regard, it's a "guess the set" type of Pokemon, and by the time you figure out what it is, it would've taken out half your team.
>>
>>33495697
Nobody is claiming that it can beat every single Pokemon at once. Obviously it still has 4 moveslot syndrome, but its coverage is so ridiculous that it's impossible to accurately predict.
>>
>>33495725
Hmmm i see. I can't disagree. But i do have to say that i still find a Blaziken suspect test interesting. But when i think a bit more about it, Blaziken would centralize the metagame way too much and that wouldnt be a goos thing
>>
Sure Baton Pass got nerfed, but this is also the gen when priority got gimped to shit, Talonflame is basically gone and Azumarill isn't anywhere near as popular as it was. The only reliable counters to this thing are probably Toxapex which only works on full stall, and maybe Tapu Fini which can get worn down and then bopped by +2 thunderpunch once it's weak enough. Even stuff that you'd think would check it hard like Lando can still lose to mixed sets with Overheat or Firium Z sets, Blaziken's attacking stats are really strong with high base power moves to back it up. There's probably not one set that beats everything in OU but it has good enough coverage to be able to run enough sets that it's not got one single reliable answer. It's still too strong for OU.
>>
>>33495775
>Toxapex which only works on full stall
I agree with the rest of your post but this part is very wrong
>>
>>33495529
Skill link Cloyster
>>
Why does every fucker give blaziken a +2 like it's guaranteed? Everything wrecks shit at +2. Of course it can get swords dance, but it has to find an opportunity to use it and it is frail. If it has swords dance it only has 3 attacks and you better bet it wouldn't have protect on top of that so no free speed boosts with protect.
>>
>>33495788

Yeah, I suppose you're right, just trying to make the point that it's a very passive pokemon.
>>
File: 1469365518181.jpg (74KB, 710x545px) Image search: [Google]
1469365518181.jpg
74KB, 710x545px
>it's a "retards bust out arbitrary definitions in a desperate attempt to win an argument" episode
>>
>>33495805
Because even if Blaziken doesn't go for SD, an attacking move it goes for instead on top of an attacking move on the following turn means 2 hits, which is almost the same as +2 (difference being accounting for recovery items).
>>
>>33495805
A counter would have to be able to deal with it at +2 or take 2 hits which equals +2. It's mostly for dismissing things as counters, though they still would work as checks most of the time unless it was tectonic rage or gigavolt or something.
>>
>>33495805

While it's not exactly guaranteed, it's also not *that* hard to get either. It's got 80 / 70 / 70 bulk which isn't bulky by any means but it's not paper either. If you can get it a free switchin via sac / volt-turn and bring it in on something you either scare out or doesn't carry strong neutral STAB or a super-effective coverage move, chances are you'll be able to get your boost.

Of course, it can still wreck shit even without +2 so long as you soften up the other team a little first.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.