[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

even if a alot of people hate the monkeys, create them to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: 4353809-elemental+monkeys.png (216KB, 922x355px) Image search: [Google]
4353809-elemental+monkeys.png
216KB, 922x355px
even if a alot of people hate the monkeys, create them to be some kind of pseudo starter was a good idea
>>
File: triog.png (426KB, 1280x488px) Image search: [Google]
triog.png
426KB, 1280x488px
>>33495402
>>
They would be fine, but only Simisage is a passable design and every other trainer in all of Unova used them, so I never really want to see them again. They also show up way too often in the tcg
>>
I think if people hate them isn't because the idea was bad, but because they're garbage mons :/
>>
>>33495432
>garbage mons

Pretty much, those little shits were absolutely awful to use.
>>
File: simisagee.png (158KB, 622x350px) Image search: [Google]
simisagee.png
158KB, 622x350px
I think they're underrated overall. Simisage is my favorite grass type. Just look at this fucker
>>
>>33495432
Also because they (for some reason) "take up dex slots." I don't know why someone would rather have 150 mons in Unova rather than 156 though, because there were no other mons vying for their "spots."
>>
>no fake out
No purpose
>>
File: 1474161584586.jpg (14KB, 328x255px) Image search: [Google]
1474161584586.jpg
14KB, 328x255px
>>33495402
>>
>>33495402
It would be a good idea if they weren't all monkeys, or at least took better clues from that "don't hear don't see don't tell" meme
>>
>>33495457
He's so cute. I get the hate for the other two, but not him.
>>
I feel this will be the last time we will see something like this. with the way the island birds were made, I feel to save dex slots , theyll just all be the same mon but different forms occupying one slot.
>>
>>33495402
Simipour has some good lewds.
>>
If they weren't shitmons, they'd be liked more. They get bretty gud movesets, but could really use a shared custom move or something
>>
File: IMG_8761.jpg (86KB, 640x678px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8761.jpg
86KB, 640x678px
I think I'm the only person who loves Simipour
>>
>>33495418
Gorilasage's beard should cover its mouth entirely

Gorilasear's ears could be floppier
>>
>>33495418
Gorillapour is literally a rip of the Hobbit's goblin king, complete with the scrotum beard.
>>
>>33496163
There issue is that they are basically Infernape but less stats and meh abilities or alws specific to one elemental monkey.

8 less in defences each
6 less in offense each
7 less in speed
>>
>>33495402
The idea of some sort of pseudo starter wasn't bad, but they failed in all other departments.
Like being trash in battle, and looking too similar to each other.
>>
i dont hate them i just ignore them. their artstyle isn't very good and they're really weak mons who you only see one time in one game
>>
>>33496324
You are not alone Anon.
>>
>>33495432
That's the point. They only evolve once and through evolutionary stones, which means you can evolve your monkey as soon as you get to Castelia City.

Pokemon are balanced out according to their difficulty of acquisition as well as whether they are available early or late-game.

An early-game mon can never be a good mon.
>>
>>33496576
>who you only see one time in one game
You sure as hell didn't play BW
>>
It's a cool idea, I just hate that they're pretty much forced on you. And if they were actually a second set of starters with unique designs it'd be awesome and add to the replayability of the games.
>>
I enjoyed the pseudo-starter idea of them, but way too many trainers in game used them and there were much better Pokemon of each type to use any way. Why use Simi(type) when you can use Darmanitan, ferrothorn or jelliscent?
>>
>>33496858
>An early-game mon can never be a good mon.

Staraptor line. Pretty sure it and Infernape broke DPP ingame
>>
>>33496858
>Aegislash can be gotten super easy
>Staraptor
>Gible
>Scraggy
>Minccino/Cinccino
>Hawlucha
>Pangoro

I know you're trying to be cute, but could you please think more than not at all?
>>
>>33497098
Staraptor evolves at Level 34. You're already

>>33497135
You missed my point. Pokemon that you can acquire very early in the game have lower BSTs than Pokemon acquired later in the game. This includes evolutions.

So while you may be cute and think Aegislash, Garchomp, Scrafty, Pangoro, and Cinccino are "early-game" mons, you're kidding yourself.

Staraptor - Evolves at Level 34 (in the same EXP group as your starters), so it will take a while. Easily mid-late game mon.

Aegislash - Doublade evolves at Level 35. Dusk Stone isn't available until Laverre City or Super Training BS. Late-game mon for sure.

Garchomp - Evolves at Level 48 in slow EXP group (even slower than starters). Late game mon.

Scrafty - Evolves at Level 39. Scraggy alone is a mid-game mon, so mid-late game depending on your grind.

Cinccino - Aside from 5% shaking grass encounter rate, Minccino isn't available until you get to Nimbasa (or in W2 only, after you beat Castelia). Shiny Stone isn't available until Route 6 (before Mistralton). Mid-game mon for sure.

Hawlucha is available after second gym. Mid-game mon.

Pangoro - Evolve at Level 32+ if you have a Dark-type in your party. Mid-game mon.

Compare these to Simisage, Simisear, and Simipour, where you can get their fully evolved forms by the time you reach Castelia. Not clear Castelia, but reach it. So 2 badges under your belt, and you get a fully evolved Pokemon. Like the Normal-type "rodents," such an early-game mon has a low BST to compensate for ease of acquisition.
>>
>>33497180
You have mons like Gyarados that evolves at level 20 and have great stats.
Also you're admitting that mons like Hawlucha are in the same tier, being between second and third gym.
>>
File: Simis.jpg (49KB, 1004x561px) Image search: [Google]
Simis.jpg
49KB, 1004x561px
>>33495429
>only Simisage is passable
Nigga that one's my favorite of the three but I still think the others are great, too

you're about to get learned, so listen up, the common conception about the three monkeys is that they represent the three wise monkeys, speak no, see no and hear no evil, as shown by the poses of the monkeys in OP's pic,

Pansear is attempting to hear something
Pansage has it's mouth open, and gesturing wide, as if attempting to speak without sound.
Panpour has no color in it's eyes, and seems to be feeling around.

they are visual representations of someone who is Deaf, Mute and Blind, but this theme for the three wise monkeys only exists in their first stage.

when they evolve, they become the opposite, they're based on archetypes for japanese punks.

Simisear is a Bosozoku, part of a biker gang, it's wide gait and hands out in that fashion are supposed to mime riding a motorcycle, Bosozoku are known for causing noise pollution, causing others to -Hear Evil-

Simisage is based upon the Yankii, the best known type of Japanese Punks, with their regent hairstyle, harsh brow and confident demeanour, one of the things they're best known for is their harsh manner of speaking, one could say they -Speak Evil-

and finally Simipour, this one is based on the Kogal, the 'short skirt' is meant to be part of this design, they openly wave with their left hand, but hide a clenched fist behind their back, denoting a hidden malice behind their friendly expression, Kogal are known for being materialistic and basing everything off appearances, for this reason, it's been said that they -See Evil-

the monkeys are great, but you need to understand them before you properly judge them.
>>
>>33497180
No, they really are early game mons due to their appearance in the game encounter rates and even their EXP branches.

Staraptor doesn't even take that fucking long to get going at Staravia where it's fast and hits harder than most anything at that point. Even with the EXP grind it's very easy to spend only an hour at worst because of how slow Gen IV is getting it to that point by grinding it in its native region on Grass types past Oreburgh.

Honedge can be gotten on Route 6 which is home to low level 10s. Ghost/Steel is ridiculously good for the upcoming parts of the game, including Aerial Ace at the third Gym which is fighting, and Ramos which is fourth. Early-midgame performance is fucking exemplary and the only reason you can't use it against fucking Grant is because it doesn't have a good Steel move at that level. 'Super Training BS' takes literally no fucking time at all if you give a goddamn about raising your starter/Pokemon's EVs from the ground up.

Gibe is 15% encounter rate in motherfucking Wayward Cave,and a Dragon/Ground type at that stage needs a bit of babying I'll admit, but Gabite comes at LVL 24 which isn't midgame just yet. Because at that point you're at the second gym which is Gardenia. After you beat her you get access to Wayward Cave. Depending on D/P or Plat you either fought Fantina next or Maylene/Crasher Wake. The Gible could easily fucking grind on its connecting routes to reach Gabite status at which point it's become a more prominent fighting force.

Scraggy is fucking LVL 15 on Route 4, don't even fucking try to defend that.

Minccino comes as early as Route 5, which is about midgame. You might have had a point here if you didn't get a Shiny Stone on Route 6 right after JUST for Minccino. Even without its evolution and the Hidden Grotto, Technician and Skill Link is such a deadly combo that anything in the game is hard fucking pressed to actually defend itself against it.

(cont.)
>>
>>33497317
Oh I'm fucking sorry, a non-evolutioned Pokemon that has a high speed and attack stat by default after the second gym is midgame, OK. Sure.

Pancham hits like a beast and has some notable bulk in the game. It comes far earlier than in Sun/Moon, where you could actually use it to decimate Grant given its resistance to physical attacks and its higher speed, if only by a few fucking points.

Like I fucking said, stop trying to be fucking cute. Or would you rather I bring up Gyarados or the fact that X/Y hand you a Bagon and Absol before the second gym?
>>
I don't actually think the pseudo-starter idea was good. The game bothered to tailor the first gym to be strong against your starter, but gives you a free gift pokemon that is tailored toward invalidating that before you even get there. Not that the gym would be that hard otherwise, it's just that you're handed a brain-dead solution to the problem on a silver platter. And I think most people will ditch the monkey at the earliest opportunity, making its only purpose be to give you an edge in the very first gym.
>>
>>33497214
I want to smoke with you
>>
>>33497212
Except most of the time magikarps exp is essentially 1/2 of what it normally would be.
>>
>>33497883
Don't even try to pull that. Evolving at level 20 is ridiculously low and after that it can easily hold its own. Magikarp will hardly spend any time being Magikarp.
>>
>>33497212
I hardly play the games, but isn't Gyarados a poor example? I mean, it's definitely an exception due to the fact that its line has had that whole weak becomes stupid strong shtick since gen 1.
>>
>>33498288
Not really since Gyarados evolves so ridiculously early, meaning that it is strong from very early on.
>>
File: Aipom.png (40KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
Aipom.png
40KB, 260x240px
>>33495402
I like their pledge moves, only the moves, nothing else, I hate the designs because they are carbon copies of each other that are also nearly identical copies of pic related, they're deviantart-tier aipom OCs, GF should ditch them already and give those pledge moves to more pokemon, no one really uses them, not even on meme teams
>>
>>33497214
Very cool explanation
>>
>>33497214
I understand them and I still think they are shitty pokemon designs with shitty BST & based on who-the-fuck-cares shit that non-japanese people will never get
>>
File: garbage.gif (139KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.gif
139KB, 800x400px
>>33495432
word
>>
>>33497214
>it's based on something therefor it's good
i hate this meme
>>
>>33498541
So what's your favorite Pokémon?
>>
>>33497317
You know that Gible need Strength HM right? So you can get it right after unlocking Wayward Cave
>>
>>33498508
honestly, falling back on 'bad BST' as a reason to dislike a pokemon is like saying that you're exactly what's wrong with the pokemon fandom.

elitism hurts everyone, if you don't like the design, fine, but a pokemon's stats shouldn't factor into liking it or not.

Whether or not you'd use a pokemon competitively shouldn't influence which pokemon you /like/, anon.
>>
>>33498553
can't*
>>
>>33498553
Only in DP, not Pt.
>>
>>33498554
>not liking a pokemon because it sucks, among other reason
>being an actual case of fandom elitism
What are you smoking anon? Elitism is about being superior to other people based on how they play or don't play, not about being superior to virtual creatures.
>>
It would have been clever if Gamefreak made them Grass/Water Water/Fire Fire/Grass or whatever. Also made them look more difficult upon evolution
>>
>>33498726
>'because it sucks'

according to you, it sucks, there's no objectively bad pokemon, everything has it's usage somewhere, Magikarp's 'bad' because it's meant to symbolize a struggle, that's it's reason to exist. Pokemon have merit outside of their stats, and you're being a shithead trying to dictate to others which pokemon they should or shouldn't like. you actually are being elitist, but you're defensive about it because you value your own opinion over anyone else's.
>>
>>33498765
>according to you, it sucks,
Are you this dumb or do you just want to be a smartass? I obviously meant that they suck in battle, which they without doubt do. That's not up for debate.
>you're being a shithead trying to dictate to others which pokemon they should or shouldn't like.
Except I never said anyone else wasn't allowed to like them. So you can stop projecting anytime you massive faggot.
>>
>>33496064
>different forms
Really messes up my living dex 'tism.
>>
>>33495402
They suck stat wise but the concept was cool. Design wise I don't like monkeys and think their evos are ugly as sin, but even with that said I feel like they were a nice addition.
>>
It was a good idea. Just it was poorly executed.
>>
they should have been puppies, kittens or some other form of quadruped
>>
File: latest[1].png (100KB, 816x754px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
100KB, 816x754px
They should introduce more 3 stage pseudo starters
>>
>>33495402
I agree OP. Glad the opinion is out there
>>
>>33497180
>after second gym
>mid-game
8 gyms total
i have no face
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.