[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Misty/Brock promo's so misleading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: DI8yBAtUEAAx4B4.jpg (131KB, 896x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DI8yBAtUEAAx4B4.jpg
131KB, 896x1200px
These official promo's make it look like the original trio is being reunited for an adventure. But it is not. All the SM characters are coming with Ash back to Kanto and they all just meet up at Pallet Town.

Then the second episode takes place at Cerulean Gym where Ash battles Misty, and Brock battles Kiawe. And then after that it's over, everyone goes back to Alola and Misty/Brock stay behind.

This is only 2 episodes, yet all the official promos show Ash on an adventure with Misty and Brock. It's almost like it's misleading because all these casual fans online actually think the original trio is being reunited.
>>
File: 1459055573280.jpg (13KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
1459055573280.jpg
13KB, 500x353px
I said it before and I'll say it again:

Japan likes making a mountain out of a molehill. If it's the least bit marketable, they'll act like it's the second coming of Jesus.
>>
Everything they detailed as been promting just the 2 episodes

It's just official art of the 2 episodes.
>>
>>33494847
that's the point. It's basic marketing. Blowing shit out of proportion is how every company makes money.
>>
>>33494847
Its a fucking art made by one of the character designers of the anime.
Nothing more.
>>
>>33494847
As someone who doesnt watch the anime, I honestly thought they were going through all of Kanto again for a mini-arc or something...
>>
>>33494847

That's just marketing at work.

The actual details for the episodes make it very clear that this is just 2 episodes to celebrate the 20th anniversary (which is worked into the series itself as the school's 20th anniversary.)
>>
File: tumblr_ovwq5xZgmV1uwlqvvo1_500.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ovwq5xZgmV1uwlqvvo1_500.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>33494869
There's also this pic from the magazines. Showing Ash/Misty/Brock together at campfire. As far as we know this won't happen in the episodes.
>>
>>33494878

It won't

First episode is the trip to Oak's lab, where they see some of Ash's old Pokemon again (so far Muk, Bulbasaur, and Tauros have been shown)

Second episode is the gym battles; Kiawe vs Brock and Ash vs Misty
>>
>>33494878
it's a flashback
>>
>>33495055
but ash has his Alola outfit...ok idk what it is.Whatever
>>
>>33495055
>alola clothes
>>
>>33495075

Ash was also already wearing his Alola outfit in the flashback in the first episode where he dropped five Pokeballs off at Oak's before leaving for Alola.
>>
What's weird is they also never promoted any old character cameo this much. Even Misty's cameos in AG, there was virtually zero promotion for them outside of magazine scans. I don't think there's any official art of Misty in her Hoenn outfit at all outside the anime.
>>
>>33495211
>What's weird is they also never promoted any old character cameo this much.

Because this is a milestone celebration, this is the anime's 20th year on the air
>>
we don't know what's gonna happen beyond episode 43
we don't know if episode 43 is their last episode
>>
>>33496327

They explicitly stated that Brock and Misty will only be around for these two episodes.
>>
>>33496074
Back in 2003 there was also no social media. I think people easily forget Misty's entire run and even all of AG happened before social media took over.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.