[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think the economy of the Pokemon is like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1488382183620.png (9KB, 454x288px) Image search: [Google]
1488382183620.png
9KB, 454x288px
What do you think the economy of the Pokemon is like?
>>
dysfunctional
>>
Mostly free market with the means of production on most commodities being controlled by uncontested monopolies.

Healthcare is free for everyone, though the funding for this is not revealed to us.
There are private options for healthcare too.

Cost of living in most places is also insanely low. There is pretty much no poverty from what we've seen.

General happiness of the global population is near perfect compared to our world. People don't really complain unless they're part of some autistic group.

Law enforcement is a joke, likely due to complacency and the extreme lack of crime that isn't organized.
>>
>>33492962
would you say the means of production have been seized
>>
File: 1498483207381-pol.jpg (124KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498483207381-pol.jpg
124KB, 640x640px
>>33493671
no
>>
In my honest opinion I find Pokémon's economy (and world) pretty utopic and not really achievable. (I don't know if I explain myself clearly, sorry if not)
>>
>>33492962
Italy is that you?
>free healthcare
>options for private healthcare
>cost of living is low
>happiness is high because people don't give a fuck about anything that isn't soccer
>only autistic faggots from some political partycomplain all the time
>law enforcement is a joke
>>
There's no government presence besides Pokemon Centers and Pokemon League which are presumably government-run or at least funded. Silph Co runs a monopoly on literally everything. Maybe they're ancap.
>>
>>33494145
>forgetting Devon Corporation
>>
I always tought the economy was kind of shitty because everyone is obsessed with becoming a Pokémon trainer so there's an imbalance of Pokémon trainers versus other workers.
>>
>>33492962
The poor in Pokemon become swimmers which is why they give so little money
>>
I imagine it's a social democracy. There's clearly poor people, but they're able to live a good life thanks to welfare and good public services, making ignorant capitalists such as Lysandre go crazy.
>>
>>33494032
>utopic and not really achievable
The fact that pokemon exist and are so willing to help people is like some Jetsons-esque world where everything is automated, except in this case automation has existed since the birth of human society, so everyone is well ajusted to it.
>>
Kanto - Silph Co seems to run everything, producing everything for the Poké Marts and apparently funding all legitimate research. Giovanni is the other side of the coin, apparently using the Game Corner as a front for his evil organisation. Nobody else seems to work.

Johto - Still very much influenced by Silph Co. Only other major industry seems to be radio?

Hoenn - Devon does Silph's job, but fancier. Better balls, more innovative technology, working on similar research projects. But it seems to be a similar deal to Silph - Stern's shipyard and the space centre are closely tied to the Stones. Wattson is some kind of eccentric property developer, suggesting he's loaded.

Sinnoh - small, disconnected businesses (Pokétch Co., Jubilife TV, Celestial Town Herb Shop, Great Marsh, Resort Area, Fuego Ironworks, that hotel near one of the lakes).

Unova - compared to the other regions, everyone seems to be working. Janitors, Clerks, Nurses, Bakers - a thriving professional sports league, PokéStar studios - probably more similar to the US than any other region.

Kalos - The PokéBall Factory is almost entirely automated, everyone else is either creative or works in hospitality.

Alola - we know Kiawe needs to work at the Thrifty Megamart to support his family, my guess it's wildly expensive for locals to live in and relies almost entirely on tourism to support the economy
>>
>>33494366

Kalos also has a power plant with several workers, various shops, services and offices in Lumiose and there used to be a mine. Most cities appear to be tourism-related.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.