[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Gen 8 start when its revealed, or when it comes out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Does Gen 8 start when its revealed, or when it comes out?
>>
I'm being honest gen 6 and gen 7 hype seasons were more fun than the actual games

Me personally. Gen 8 starts when it's announced. Speculating, fake leaks? Wish lists and disappointment is all apart of the fun
>>
Anyone else forseeing a tie-in with Gen 8 and Pokemon GO?
>>
>>33491665
Absolutely. This first generation with Pokemon go

Gen 7 was already finished development by July 2016. Just bugging. USUM just a rehash
>>
>>33491675
Do you think there will be a pokebank tie in to Pokemon go?

My goal is to have a complete living national dex in both Gen 7 and as far as Pokemon go has been released when Gen 8 comes out.

I've also been considering having my living dex mon come from the specific regions they're from (Gen 1 Pokemon caught in Kanto, Gen 2 in Johto, etc.)
>>
>>33491698
They had Pokemon go file in Pokemon bank data mine last February so very good chance it happens
>>
>>33491703
Holy shit.

I am coming off of a 3 year pokemon break (I last played X)

My gal got me into Pokemon GO and bought me yellow for my DS.

I decided to play the most recent editions of each gen and import everything to one consolidated bank.

Is the new Yellow, HG, OR, Plat, White, X, and USUM enough to get every single pokemon? (With every mon coming from its 'home' region)
>>
>>33491718
I think so
>>
File: 51jsDPmaZUL._SY400_ (1).jpg (25KB, 294x400px) Image search: [Google]
51jsDPmaZUL._SY400_ (1).jpg
25KB, 294x400px
>>33491718
The usum national book has 864 pages. Shit ton of Pokemon will be in that game wait for that
>>
>>33491698
>giving this much of shit about Pokemon GOfuckyourself
fuckers like you are only in it because it is a trend. I have been with the series since gen 1 and have lived through pokemania. I am willing to bet you don't want to fuck pokemon
>>
>>33491698
>>33491703
>>33491718
But anons, Pokemon GO is a piece of trash developed by people that don't even know how games work.
I played it up until a couple months ago and realized the game is shit and will always be.
>>
>>33491739
They really shouldn't have put pvp and trading in initial trailer. 2 years later there is no none

But as of June 2017 there was 65 million active users. That 4 times as many people who bought sun and moon. Userbase still there
>>
>>33491745
Userbase or not, the game is shallow and empty, there is nothing, none (zero), things to do in it that aren't boring and tedious and stupid from a game design aspect.
They keep underestimating the Pokemon IP and keep fucking up like in the GO fest Chicago fiasco.
>>
>>33491750
Well recently ceo of Pokemon company said they only accomplished 10% of what they wanted

AR technology will continue to grow and the experience will be better but I understand if you quit
>>
>>33491756
That's probably just damage control, even if they wanted to accomplish great amazing never before seen stuff, they have already dipped too deep into the swamp to get out of it.
I really wanted it to be a cool and interesting game, I've been shilling AR and VR since I understood the potential in them, but honestly they should give the Pokemon IP to more competent developers.
>>
>>33491767
>shilling VR
you are just as braindead as GO's userbase
>>
>>33491771
VR is cool mate, if you had the money to get a headset you would enjoy it as much as everyone else.
>>
>>33491703
To be more exact, there are always a set of entries for denoting specific games.

After US/UM release there will still be one completely unused one and one already denoted for use with Go.

The unused one likely being VC Crystal but could even be an as yet unannounced Switch port of US/UM as well which might be why Crystal wasn't released with G/S. Especially when considering the currently non-existent Switch VC would make more sense for Crystal anyway as the original Crystal used phone connectivity to do the GS Ball event and the Switch makes use of smartphone apps.

It could also just go unused as Gen 6 games had 6 ids and, of course, only ended up using 4.
>>
>>33491777
>I'm so rich I can buy 15 dollar things hurr hurr.

What they're calling VR now is NOT VR. VR should connect directly to your brain to create the experience directly not covering your head in garbage to play pretend.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170908-033531.png (288KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170908-033531.png
288KB, 1080x1920px
>>33492039
Yeah from this tweet
>>
>>33491626
That's because the fun is in the discovery

When hype season tells you everything there is to discover, guess what you don't get to do in the actual game?
>>
>>33491626
The hype for all Generation first Pokemon games are better than the actual games
>>
>>33491617
In the future.
>>
>>33491617
I want this now :(
>>
>>33491626
>>33492096
Because you stupid retards keep expecting the first games of a generation to somehow not fall victim to the design flaws and lack of content every first version does compared to the third versions that are always held up as the pinnacle.
>>
>>33493962
I rather a new region. Than go to alola 2nd time around. Awful region and setting
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.