[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most cinematic pokemon film, and why is it Power of One?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

What is the most cinematic pokemon film, and why is it Power of One?
>>
>>33490704
2002-2004 era was honestly the best for Pokemon movies.
>>
>>33491096
this
>>
>>33491096
I saw the Hoopa movie and it felt like shitty fanfiction desu
>AND THEN MEGA RAYQUAZA APPEARED
>AND THEN UUUUHHH MEGA KYOGRE AND UUUHH
>THEY GET HIT BUT LATIOS AND LATIAS MEGA EVOLVE :O

From gen 4 onwards the movies were shiat.
>>
>>33491120
The writers of the Hoopa movie wanted it to just be about Hoopa and its relationship with its caretakers, but execs and stuff wanted all the legendaries to tie into ORAS. That's kind of the reason why it kinda goes through a complete shift in the last third of the movie by summoning a fuckton of legends.

Same goes for the Diancie movie, with the tone suddenly shifting in the second half with Yveltal. Magearna one had less executive meddling so it was more kino.
>>
>>33490704
I'd say they had a pretty good streak up until 2004 if you ignore the bad cg. I'd stretch it to 2005 for the regis, but I dunno.
Sky warrior was neat for Giratina stalking things and the distortion world, but I feel that I'm kinda biased on that.
>>
File: m.png (2MB, 1600x839px) Image search: [Google]
m.png
2MB, 1600x839px
i think the only one ive seen is the one with rayquaza and deoxys with all the cubes and the hot dog machine. didnt age too well but was enjoyable.
>>
DESTINY

DEOXYS
>>
>>33491238
Destiny Deoxys was the shit desu
>>
>>33490704
Those are all shit, I havent seen the M20 but I have low expectation. Pokemon movies are a complete boring mess.
Some good things about them:
2000: art
2004: there some good things in the deoxys v rayquaza scene
2005: Regice cry
2009: Lore (Was this the movie with the Guy who worshipped arceus? or was it the Hoopa one?)
>>
3rd and 4th movies are hands down the best.
>>
>>33491783
Gen 4 movies were shit outside the first.
>>
First and third are decent. I have a soft spot for Destiny Deoxys but I can't honestly claim it's that great.
I remember everyone used to hype the Celebi movie hard, and it ended up being a huge let down.
>>
>>33491793
talking about 3rd and 4th movies period. not 3rd gen movies and 4th gen movies.
>>
Power of One is the only time Ash was truly a bad ass.
>>
Was the 4th movie good? I see the first 3 as a solid trilogy.

5th was heroes
Pokémon Ranger x pokemon movie was actually good.

I like M19 because of Eggman-Volcanion
I hear that he got a role in M20

Destiny deoxys wasn't bad, the Lucario one was first movie tier amazing.
>>
>>33491096
Deoxys really was the last good pokemon movie... I tried to watch the Diancie movoe on Netflix, it was bad man...
>>
File: hurr.jpg (143KB, 1042x636px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.jpg
143KB, 1042x636px
>>33491120
Yeah, this movie was retarded garbage
I mean, I know little kids love legendaries and stuff but for god's sake...
>>
I've only seen the first two films.
I know, casual AF.
>>
Why is no one talking about the Darkrai movie? That was the best fucking movie EVER
>>
>>33490704
The first three are the holy trinity of pokémon movies.
After that it went to shit.
4th is the point were the movies become shitty fan fictions.
>Mew VS Mewtwo
Do I even need to explain it? Best trainers gather on a island to battle the most powerful trainer, turns out it is Mewtwo using cloned pokémons.
The whole plot is about mewtwo's issues with who he is, a mere copy of mew or a being on its own.
>it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are
For fuck's sake a pokémon gave us one of the best quotes ever.

>Power of One
I preferred the first one over this, but in terms of adventure is way better. Ash gets a lot of occasions to show that he's not the pussy he turned out to be during the years, and Lugia was quite badass.
>dat ocarina music
I loved that shit, and I like the whole thing about the stones to collect.

>Mystery of the Unown
My favourite. The oniric atmosphere, where dream and reality melt together, while the unowns use the mind of a lonely girl to gain power over the real world.
Entei gets his own movie even though he's not a real Entei, instead he's the result of the expectations the girl had on Entei and the paternal figure she's missing.
Again, Ash gets his opportunities to shine, and not only him but team rocket too has a lot of screen time, with nice gags and giggles.
The battles against the various versions of Molly are great, with pokémons created by her own mind, that overpower the real ones. The underwater battle was friggin awesome.
Entei is all about believing in one's strenght, and it is another lesson, along with mewtwo's one, that to this day I find useful to teach to young people.
>>
>>33490704
I liked the Zoroark Movie. It was okay. Victini's movie was shit
>>
>>33490704
The best is the first movie for sure, great in everthing and impossible do beat. The others are just very boring (yes, even the second and third ones)
>>
>>33493403
this looks like upscaled screenshot from a (bad?) DVD encode
i watched the dub on Netflix and i never remembered it looking this bad
>>
>>33493403
WHY THE FUCK IF GROUDON IN THE WATER
WHY THE FUCK IS KYOGRE IN THE AIR
Did they get the three mixed up and put Rayquaza on the ground as well?
>>
1998 to 2002 is godtier
The movie with Latios and Latias was so fucking good
>>
>>33493454
I actually forgot about that movie until now, but it really was good, wasn't it? Seems like after a couple of movies you kind of run out of ideas.
>>
File: dfgh.png (57KB, 151x184px) Image search: [Google]
dfgh.png
57KB, 151x184px
>>33493403
Dialga looks especially shitty here
>>
>>33493454
Third movie also had the fight between Charizard and Entei and is probably still the best fight in a pokemon movie. My fav is still the first movie though.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.