[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is their problem and how do they fix it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: gamefreaklogo.jpg (14KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
gamefreaklogo.jpg
14KB, 500x380px
What is their problem and how do they fix it?
>>
They're way too safe and need to do more controversial things.
>>
They know they can make millions by shitting out subpar quality games. Gen 6 proved this.
>>
>>33488041
They got lazy, it was the switch to the 3ds, it couldd be fixed by actually working, but I doubt it will be fixed.
>>
they really focused on the mobile market cannibalizing the sales of Pokemon games

so pander to that market. it's the reality. mobile games is huge
>>
>>33488076
It's not though. Not for Pokemon, at least. By trying to move the franchise, you inevitably alienate current fans, and lose a large portion of the fan base, which is ok, for them, for now, but the loss of sales will either eventually kill the franchise, or make them rethink the change.
>>
>>33488124
there hasn't been a loss of sales yet
>>
>>33488041
>What is their problem?
The fact that they refuse to do anything truly drastic to the Pokemon franchise to revitalize it and get people truly excited. They also just love to remove features that fans liked each generation arbitrarily whilst introducing new ones. If they'd keep all the features from previous generations *while* adding to them then we'd be doing great by now. A game with following pokemon, a battle frontier, contests, trainer customization and ball seals would make many fans ecstatic. Instead we just keep getting disappointed that they haven't brought back our favorite parts of old games.
>How do they fix it?
They change the formula. SM shook it up a bit by calling the gyms trials instead, but they still boiled down to gyms with a slightly different style of boss. The combat has also stagnated to the point that 90% of the pokedex is useless for competitive play and turns into more of a rock/paper/scissors match of who's gonna use protect next or predicting what move out of the cookie cutter set for their pokemon your opponent is going to use. Pokemon Go was a different way to play and it got people who haven't played in decades, and even some who never played at all, buzzing about Pokemon again and playing a game, even if it was a shitty mobile game. If GF would put out a mainline game that played differently, like real-time combat or something a bit more dynamic like a classic JRPG with all battles using multiple pokemon and having more moves available then it might bring people back in and get new players interested. Whatever it is, they just need to do something *different* with a mainline game, and I mean truly different. Chuck the formula out the window and make something totally new using the Pokemon world. Reinvent the franchise and they could have the whole world playing instead of just die-hards and kids.
>>
>>33488124
Pokémon go did better profits than another Main game ever
>>
>>33488132
Thanks to the PoGo crowd and the Contrarian Crew. There will be though, and, actually, there already have been. I'm not buying USUM, and I know easily 50+ people who also aren't. Most people here are probably just gonna Freeshop it anyways.
>>
Nothing, they are fine.
>>
>>33488149
kys
>>
>>33488139
This.
>>
>>33488140
And then lost interest just as fast. Go is dead because they didn't deliver what was promised.
>>
>>33488146
oh shit 50 people lel

look at 3rd version sales

Crystal 6.5 million

emerald 6.25

platinum 7 million

bw2 8 million

even if they lose half the user base of Sun and moon. it would still be a success. very hard for 3rd versions to fail in sales because expections aren't high sales wise

btw x and y and oras were a success before Pokemon go
>>
>>33488139
>Change the formula
Fuck off
>>
>>33488163
And all of those were amazing. Your point. It still holds true that if USUM sucks even nearly as much as SM, then the Series will die.
>>
File: IMG_20170907_160850.jpg (102KB, 720x958px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170907_160850.jpg
102KB, 720x958px
>>33488158
>Pokémon go is dead
I like this meme
>>
>>33488163
Also, X/Y and ORAS were only sub par, compared to gen 5, SM on the other hand are complete crap compared to everything in the Series, even spin offs, SO, if these flop, sure, as I said before, they'll float for a bit, on the left over Go fans, but eventually sales will stop, or at least dwindle to a low enough amount.
>>
>>33488185
It's literally still dead. A pic means nothing, the game is still the same now as it was before, rural injustice and totally jipped catch rates.
>>
>>33488158
I believe the release of raids was the most profitable month Pokemon Go ever had, even surpassing the first.
>>
>>33488185
people think just because Pokemon go doesn't have the popularity of the first months it means it's dead

is Pokemon mainline games dead because they don't sell 30+ million like red and blue. no they craved out a dedicated user base just like Pokemon go
>>
>>33488195
which game will flop? Pokemon switch is one of the most anticipated games and we know nothing about it. the next games after gen 8 is most likely remake of d/p or red and green. which one will flop?
>>
>>33488206
Not even. Profitable for niantic, maybe, but I find it hard to believe the 70 people left who still play legitly would actually be stupid enough to buy stuff for raids, which were broken for the first month they existed.
>>
>>33488208
So Nintendo is dead
>>
>>33488179
You can't be serious.
>>
>>33488179
B2w2 were garbage tho
>>
>>33488220
>DP remakes
>AFTER gen 8
Kek
Also, those will flop worse, because they'll be on the switch, so, A, they'll require more work, and GF is lazy, so less content, and B, a much smaller fan base, because the switch has literally 5 games and sucks ass.
>>
>>33488226
>>33488233
Facts don't lie. USUM being bad spells the end of the Series, and bw2 were the best game ever.
>>
>>33488234
It doesn't matter how good the Switch game is, it will sell regardless.
>>
>>33488041
>Problem
Lazy development team because people will buy the games even with the lack of features, content, and optimization.
They are still taping into the gen 1 nostalgia well
>Fix it
get some new blood in to the company and get rid of the old and dried up folks.
Get some competent programmers and managers.
>>
File: cotanzadotjpg.png (303KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cotanzadotjpg.png
303KB, 500x375px
>>33488240
>USUM being bad spells the end of the Series
you dont really believe this, do you?
>>
>>33488179
but who's buying USUM? the people who already enjoyed Sun and moon will buy it. unless your diehard pokemon fan who will buy anything with pokemon label even if you dont enjoy it anymore

the people who didn't like Sun and moon will skip and just wait for switch games or quit series

usum isn't do or die of anything
>>
File: y.jpg (55KB, 801x705px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
55KB, 801x705px
What is wrong with some people?

You are totally delusional to believe that Pokemon will fail. YES, THE GAMES HAVE BECOME BORING. But they still sell very well.
>>
>>33488240
it's funny how black and white. was on a system that had twice the size of 3ds user base couldn't out sell x and y and Sun and moon .
>>
>>33488041
Mediocre game designers that cannot keep up with technology advancements.

They're expected to make a game for the SWITCH. A fully fledged main console! And they can't even design a 3DS game with freeze-free double battles.

I predict the Switch games will be their worst games yet - barely better than the 3DS Gen 7 games, with bare bones gameplay to hide the fact they are too incompetent to make Switch games.
>>
>>33488041
>What is their problem

TPCi

>and how do they fix it?
You don't, simply stop caring and take the hint that you are not their target audience.
>>
>>33488241
To a few hundred people in the US, maybe.
>>33488251
Belief isn't involved, it's common sense. Company releases bad products, eventually Company dies.
>>33488255
That's my point. And after gen 6/7 being bad, the people waiting for the switch games will check before they buy, and let's face it, a shitty game in exchange for sub-par graphics is only ok to an extent. The move to the switch means another developmental nightmare, and that means more work, which means expecting the first switch game to be good is stupid.
>>33488265
Except that they don't. SM was so bad that the local resale value is $5. I can literally buy a copy of either, in bulk, and my local 2nd hand game store for $5 a cart.
>>
>>33488270
And everyone knows that that was because Desmume was big, and everyone emulated it, which means they pirated it.
>>
File: 1495574562395.jpg (29KB, 326x306px) Image search: [Google]
1495574562395.jpg
29KB, 326x306px
>>33488296
>it's common sense. Company releases bad products, eventually Company dies.
oh you sweet summer child, that's not how capitalism works at all
>>
>>33488277
This, but be careful. Everyone here seems to think the switch games will be good.
>>
>>33488296
the switch is out pacing the 3ds in sales even without a price cut in first year

your part of the problem. you think

x and y
oras
sun and moon are garbage yet your still gonna play usum
>>
>>33488296
Keep going, I'm enjoying watching you bait all these morons.
>>
>>33488301
3ds emulation is huge too. I don't get your point
>>
>>33488303
>oh you sweet summer child
And this is why I left this stupid place.
>that's not how Capitalism works
Except that it kinda is.
>>
>>33488270
Nobody like gen 5
>>
>>33488330
If i'm not mistaken gen 5 is the least favourite gen in japan.
>>
>>33488330
it's definitely the gen that put normies off of Pokemon designs
>>
>>33488311
No. You're part of the problem. X and Y were underwhelming, considering what gen 5 gave us, BUT, I never said they were garbage. ORAS was a bit underwhelming too, and felt slightly soulless, but again, I never said they were garbage. SM was, in fact, garbage, and guess what? I waited until I knew it was garbage before I made a decision, and just pirated it instead, and only for the Pokemon. Don't wanna have holes in my living sex, in case a "good" game actually happens to come along. So no, if they're both trash, I will NOT be playing USUM.
>>33488323
3ds emulation was barely starting at the launch of SM, while Desmume was already easily in fully working order when gen 5 came, as was No$GBA, and so on.
>>
>>33488330
>>33488340
>>33488348
You should all die.
>>
>>33488352
im glad your not gonna play in USUM

see you on November 17th or sooner when it leaks
>>
>>33488348
>normies
>>
>>33488355
For telling the truth?
>>
>>33488355
no wonder all your points sounded retarted. ur a unovababy. I thought school started already
>>
>>33488356
Not likely. If the games turn out, then maybe, but we all know they'll suck, so, again, not likely.
>>33488368
For being scum who lie and so on.
>>
>>33488222
It wasn't when raids were released, but when Legendary raids dropped. They made 5.8 million dollars on the first day alone.
>>
>>33488371
I'm 22, I'm a GENWUNNER by age, a hoenn/Sinnoh fan by choice, and I personally enjoyed gen 5. Fuck off.
>>
>>33488373
it's funny you mentioned Sun and moon killing Pokemon. when black and white was the gen that killed Pokemon popularity in games and anime. thankfully the next gen was 3d and normies went crazy over it
>>
>>33488384
And had to give a ton of refunds, and got sued in a class action suit.
>>
>>33488389
Gen 5 was the peak, and until you prove otherwise with literally anything that has nothing to do with sales, which are irrelevant to popularity.
>>
>>33488386
>22
>genwunner

Kids these days can't even count.
>>
>>33488392
Go Fest didn't count toward the app's profits. The 5.8 million dollars was entirely in-app purchases.
>>
>>33488403
you kept talking about Pokemon dying. how switch games would flop. how usum would flop. now you dont want to talk about sales because it doesn't back up black and white. I find that funny
>>
>>33488278
>BW 2
>>
They hit the apex of Pokemon's Core Mechanics back in Generation 4 and now have to rely on gimmicks to try and keep things fresh.
>>
New region with that regions pokemon ONLY

See how they handle that
>>
>>33488304
No they don't. They think USM will be shit is they want to go straight to the switch. The only ones who aren't skipping USM are girls and other such retards.
>>
>>33488459
This should be a given from now on with the second game having all mon.
>>
>>33488041
Neo-Game Freak has heavy flaws:
- Near to no effort on making good games again: This is more notable in ORAS with the Battle Maison. Instead of adding the fan-beloved Battle Frontier, they just copypasted the Battle Maison. At least they could had REPLACED THE FUCKING MAISON WITH THE BATTLE FRONTIER TO HAVE A PROPER HOENN FEEL INSTEAD OF FEELING LIKE YOU ARE IN ANOTHER REGION INSIDE OF HOENN. Also they could have turned the scrapped Golf Course into Alola's minigames instead of the boring Poké Finder. I'm pretty sure that they will no add a new facility in USUM.
- Their sudden favoritism towards Gen 1: In conjunction with no effort, this is their biggest flaw. While this can be understood with XY being their first fully 3D game, this can't be forgiven in SM. While is also understood that Sun/Moon is celebrating Pokémon's 20th anniversary, the correct is to make references to all previous regions and games, but almost all references is to Kanto, while like the other 18% are for all previous regions with either 2 characters and their music and that's all, while Kanto gets: Protagonist and his/her Mom moving from Kanto, Professor Oak's clone, Alolan Kanto Pokémon, GB reference, Story Character going to Kanto, and MC and Rival appearing.
>>
>>33488041
Introduce new gen with dolphin/cetacean Pokemon as heavy focus.

If that don't improve their rep then prove me wrong. They'll be literally one of the only anime/games with these animals in them in Japan.
>>
>>33488170
you are the reason why franchises stagnate and die
>>
>>33488327
In theory, yes, releasing a bunch of bad products kills a company

In practice, Sonic is still a franchise and Bethesda still releases buggy as hell crap
>>
>>33490941
>>33490994
>sonic has like a million bad games
>Its still here
also
>Thinking a pokemon game will ever fail
>When the sales have actually gotten better
>X &Y are the second(or 3rd) highest selling mainline games
>Oras is the highest selling remakes
>BW2 are the highest selling (part 2,alternate universe) mainline game
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.