[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interview with anime producer about the upcoming genwunner pandering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: 1504776701702.jpg (473KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1504776701702.jpg
473KB, 2048x1536px
>"Pokémon" celebrates 20 years on the air this year. It appears the show is heading in a new direction with the episodes airing this September. We've had producer Shuichi Taguchi tell us a bit about what the classic characters that will appear one after another in this story will be doing.

>Q: Kasumi and Takeshi will be appearing for the first time in many years in the episodes airing September 14th and September 21st.
>A: This is the 20th anniversary of the show, a year to remember, so we wanted to do something nice for all the fans that have been supporting us since day 1. Kasumi and Takeshi are also characters we'd like the children that learned about Pokémon more recently to be familiar with, so we had them appear in the show.

>Q: "Sun & Moon" has a lot more comical depictions than the earlier TV series had.
>A: Each of the series have a different art style to them, but it might be true that Sun & Moon's style is overly different from all the others. Kasumi and Takeshi have appeared throughout the show all the way from the very first series, so we took great care in working out how to draw them without making them look out of place in this particular show. This purely relates to character design, though, personality-wise they're the same as always: Takeshi loves beautiful ladies and Kasumi is a cute and lively tomboy.
>>
>>33486701
>Q: Since these episodes are set in the Kanto region, lots of nostalgic Pokémon are going to appear, but it seems it'll be fun to compare them with the Pokémon from the Alola region as well.
>A: We definitely want you to compare and contrast the Pokémon living in all the different regions. We think scenes like the one where Nassy gets shocked at the sight of the Alolan Nassy will let even children realize once again how these regions differ from each other. Of course, lots of other Pokémon will appear as well, so have fun comparing. This is the Sun & Moon episode with the most characters in it, so I'd like you to try counting how many Pokémon there are in it.

>Q: What about Pokémon battles?
>A: The Pokémon School students are getting a hands-on experience with gym matches at the Hanada Gym, and the super intense battles between Takeshi and Kasumi's mega evolutions and Satoshi and the others' Z-Moves are an absolute must see. During the battle, Takeshi might just turn into something you remember from the games...... Also, while it's not exactly a battle, the expression of affection during the scene where Satoshi and Kentauros reunite with the Kentauros at the Okido Laboratories is just as intense as that gym match. These episodes have lots and lots of scenes that feel both nostalgic and fresh at the same time, and we'd be really happy if we manage to make you enjoy the elements of both Kanto and Alola at the same time.

>Q: Now I'd like to expect other episodes crossing over with other regions or something along those lines in the future.
>A: Well, they might go to all kinds of regions as part of extracurricular classes, and they might encounter and reunite with all kinds of characters... Who knows? Please continue to support the show.
>>
>>33486701

It's hardly an arc, it's just two episodes to celebrate the 20th anniversary, then they're back in Alola
>>
>Le genwunner pandering meme XD
>>
>>33486703
>they might go to all kinds of regions as part of extracurricular classes, and they might encounter and reunite with all kinds of characters...
Iris confirmed
>>
>>33486710
Duh, he literally says that in the interview.
>>
>>33486703
Holy shit, Iris could finally get her return episode?
>>
If the school thing was a giant ruse just to have the gen 7 Anime as one giant world tour arc with Satoshi going from region to region showing off his experience and travels to everyone, then I forgive em for not going for a more traditional structure with the trials replacing gyms, etc. Hell it could work if they end up making Satoshi the first champion much like the games, with a PWT arc after Alola is done with, featuring all the throwback characters.
>>
You will not see any other old characters, trust me. Kaori is retired from VA so May is out, they won't show Max without her obviously.

Dawn I suppose has a small chance, but I really can't see Iris/Cilan and then Serena/Bonnie/Clemont all returning so soon.
>>
>>33486720
>>33486799
I desesperately want to know what she thinks of fairy types.
>>
>>33486701
>Q: "Sun & Moon" has a lot more comical depictions than the earlier TV series had.
>A: Each of the series have a different art style to them, but it might be true that Sun & Moon's style is overly different from all the others.
So this is confirmation SM's shitty art style isn't some radical new permanent direction, but just an SM-exclusive style that'll go away once the next gen rolls around, right?
Right?
>>
>>33487005
I liked it when Iris' rival pointed out that Iris hating cold didn't make any sense, because dragons were also weak to dragons and she didn't have a problem with them.
>>
>>33486703
>Nassy gets shocked at the sight of the Alolan Nassy
I wonder if it gets depressed it could've been a massive palm tree dragon but got stuck as a fat mini tree
>>
>>33487003
They could just get a new VA for May
All nips sound the same anyway
>>
File: hunhun.jpg (44KB, 397x345px) Image search: [Google]
hunhun.jpg
44KB, 397x345px
>>33487133
>All nips sound the same anyway
>>
>>33486703
Can we have a Johto-themed episode where Ash reunites with Lyra and Khourey? Assuming we get Johto Alolan formes or whatnot.
>>
File: masuda (2).png (236KB, 336x418px) Image search: [Google]
masuda (2).png
236KB, 336x418px
>>33487163
Haha, I don't really know!
>>
>>33487163
>reunites
?
>>
>>33486701
>Kasumi is a cute and lively tomboy

pfffffff....
>>
File: Iris_fear.png (460KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Iris_fear.png
460KB, 800x450px
>>33487005
I just wanna see her going apeshit like she did with ice types
>>
Why does ash have a mustache now? He's 11
>>
File: MATSUI.jpg (192KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
MATSUI.jpg
192KB, 3000x3000px
>>33487404
Because SM
>>
>>33487394
I wanna climb inside iris's hair.
>>
The chances of any older character appearing in SM, beyond possibly Serena since she is the last-gen girl, is probably slim to none.

You guys seriously think they're going to make the effort to have May, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, etc. all appear in SM? I very much doubt it.
>>
>>33487417
Shit son I new that french girl was freaky, but sadomasochism makes you grow facial hair?
>>
>>33487404
because drawing inaccuracies.

>old ash
>sideway bolts on the cheeks
>can't be mistaken for a mustache because of the shape

>new ash
>OLOLOOLOLO DOODLEZ ACROSS TEH MEMEFAEC xD
>looks like a mustache because apparently the artist was drunk and can only draw inaccurate waves
>lines are lower and closer to the mouth now because the head shape is elongated and the eyes are slightly bigger
>>
File: axew iris.jpg (590KB, 1280x1225px) Image search: [Google]
axew iris.jpg
590KB, 1280x1225px
>>33487429
I know

That axew lucky bastard
>>
>>33487133
>>33487138

this
>>
>>33487005
I want see a battle betwen nigresess
>>
File: 1488474159103.gif (2MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1488474159103.gif
2MB, 720x405px
>>33487133
>tfw anon is tone deaf
I'm so sorry
>>
>>33486703
>Well, they might go to all kinds of regions as part of extracurricular classes, and they might encounter and reunite with all kinds of characters... Who knows? Please continue to support the show.

Field trip to Snowpoint Ruins when?
>>
File: importantinfo.png (151KB, 600x483px) Image search: [Google]
importantinfo.png
151KB, 600x483px
>>33487003
>>33487003
>You will not see any other old characters, trust me.

How do you know he was specifically referring to Ash's partners? They have other ways of representing Hoenn, let alone other regions.
>>
>Serenafags seriously believe this means she's returning
It was a canned, neutral response. Don't get your hopes up involving her for the umpteenth time.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.