[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

English dub trailer of new Pokemon movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: 02.png (1MB, 865x1280px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
1MB, 865x1280px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SEC7go5w_I
>>
Movie Ash's Pikachu is only obtainable by going to see this movie, I can't wait to see everybody whine about it
>>
>>33486087
What ?
The spanish version of the trailer uses the japanese soundtrack.
>>
>>33486087
Have they announced what theaters they are showing this at yet?

>>33486096
Source?
>>
>>33486096
>>33486113
I just checked into Cap Pikachu and according to IGN there is just going to be a code released weekly for each one on pokemon.com
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/07/ashs-pikachu-event-new-dubbed-pokemon-the-movie-i-choose-you-trailer-revealed
>>
Are they ever going to top the third movie?
>>
>>33486087
Looks great tbqph. Can't wait until November.
>>
>>33486109
>He doesn't know about TPCi music fuckery
>>
>>33486087
>one day let´s meet that pokemon
>20 years later
>which pokemon?

I really began to hate TPCi. Instead of just making a new character and arc for every 1-2 regions, they make muh ash and recon everything what happened.

Ash´s story should have end with GSC like it was intended.
>>
>>33486087
>Ed Goldfarb music in the trailer
Remind me again why anyone cares about the dub?
>>
>>33486339
It's an alternate universe and the movie is literally about him going to meet that Pokemon. How fucking new are you?
>>
Why the fuck does the english dub has the english Opening theme at the end while France and Germany has the original opening ?
Also why VA Ash is the worst voice Ash ever had in any dub ?
>>
>doesn't reveal the "catch" of there being original: the characters instead of Brock and Misty

smart
>>
>>33486459
This is literally one of the first Japanese trailers, except in English.
>>
>>33486459
It's just a dub of the first Japanese trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-aWlbgRjIM

It predates the reveal of Makoto and Soji by what, two months?
>>
>>33486427
>how fucking new are you

You know that this is based on the first episode right? Where ash sees ho-oh and it´s fucking implied that he wanna see him/ would see him on his journey with the fucking pokedex saying "there are still pokemon left, which needs to be indentified".

So let me ask you..HOW FUCKING NEW AND UNDERAGE ARE YOU?!
https://youtu.be/tZlQu27ZkVY?t=19m30s
>>
>>33486523
Anon, that "one day let´s meet that pokemon" line is new to the movie. It's in the movie because that's literally the movie's plot.

Feel free to dig through the original episode and see if you can locate the line there.
>>
File: Confused AHHHH's.png (392KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Confused AHHHH's.png
392KB, 1280x720px
>>33486523
Don't know if this is bait or not but the movie has a different plot to the anime. Ash is generally the same but his quest is much more focused on finding Ho-oh than getting all the badges and competing in the League in the movie.
Next thing you know you're gonna get all pissy about how Misty and Brock aren't his sidekicks in the movie
>>
>>33486087
>Let's pander to nostalgiafags!!
>Team Rocket does nothing, old companions don't appear except in a silent clipshow at the end, most of the past beloved mons don't get even that
>>
>>33486087
Horrible logo
>>
>>33486087
This movie is proof that SM is set after Kanto or maybe Johto. Making Hoenn to Kalos non canon. They just reset the entire timeline. I can't believe they actually did that.
>>
>>33486694
They already said in an interview that this movie was its own "canon", so the 20 seasons of the series are still canon anon
>>
>>33486553
>>33486554
>movies plot
alright didn´t know this. Still it is implied in ep1 that he will one day meet ho-oh bla bla bla.

Anime was still the best and worst that happened to pokemon. Thanks to it, the new games will always feature anthromorphic starters and Pokemon designs will always be "fitting better to the anime", some mons will be overpowered because muh anime etc.
>>
>>33486694

Wrong, M20 is a separate universe entirely, the main anime is still a linear continuity. SM takes place after Kalos.
>>
>>33486727
Read the manga:
https://bato.to/comic/_/comics/pocket-monsters-the-movie-i-choose-you-r21728
>>
>can only get a Capped Pikachu out of 6
>I have to support the ashnime financially to get the 7th one.
>>
>>33486761
>ashnime
Please leave.
>>
>>33486761
Why would you want a Ash Pikachu if you hate the anime in the first place ?
Also I think the event with the 6 Ash Pikachu worked the same way in Japan, expect they had to go see the movie 6 fucking time during 6 different dates to get them all. So I guess we're kinda lucky
>>
>>33486781
>Why would you want a Ash Pikachu if you hate the anime in the first place ?
They're still game forms and I like to collect them.

> So I guess we're kinda lucky
We don't even have that retarded way to get them all though. I mean I obviously wouldn't go 6 times but I don't see how we're better.
>>
>>33486788
I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do another distribution later for "those who missed them", especially for USUM Pikachu
>I don't see how we're better.
We get one for free while they had to pay for a movie ticket
>>
>>33486800
>I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do another distribution later for "those who missed them", especially for USUM Pikachu
Hopefully.
I just read they're QR codes so I guess I wont have to deal with paying for the movie for the movie one.
>>
>>33486781
It was the ticket event, you got a serial code printed on your ticket and the Pikachu you'd get depended on which date you redeemed it.
>>
>>33486197
the spanish dub uses the TPCI music

for some reason the french, german, italian and spanish trailers keep the japanese music here while only the english trailer has dub exclusive music
>>
Is it just me or are they using the original voice actor for Ash and the narrator?
>>
Fuck. Another movie I'm going to skip in English. Replacing the majority of the music. Terrible dub acting.

Call me a weeaboo if you want, but this is 2017. We shouldn't have dubs like this anymore.

Fucking cheap assholes from The Pokemon Company. I know they're a business and they make decisions to reduce costs, but this is fucking stupid.

>>33486882
Yes to the narrator, because he's been on since this shitty dub came back. No to Ash, because Sarah took over.
>>
>>33487147
The nip production team is a business too, and they brought back a fan favorite singer specifically for this movie as an anniversary celebration. They have no excuse.
>>
File: 1419088753403.jpg (38KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1419088753403.jpg
38KB, 1000x700px
>>33487147
>mfw France get the original soundtrack because the dub was already done and shown during Japan Expo before it was released in Japan
>>
>>33487230
They showed it subbed at the Expo, anon.
>>
>>33487243
Fuck
Well, there's still a little hope since the french trailer had the jpn opening at the end
>>
>>33487260
Just wait for the nip DVD in December.
>>
>>33487272
I would but the french dub, especially Ash's voice actor, is pretty enjoyable to me. So I kinda want to enjoy it with the voices I grew up with when I watched the first movie and the first seasons of the anime
>>
Spanish Dub where?
>>
Are they gonna do ANOTHER remix of the G1 theme?

Don't get me wrong, I've loved every one so far but still. Probably shouldn't have done it for XY
>>
>>33487968
The European versions seem to use the Japanese opening. I'm hopeful, can't wait to be disappointed.
>>
>>33488024
Wasn't the European screening subbed? I remember people who went bitching about how hard they were to read.
>>
>>33488186
Yeah but that's just something they did in France for the first time and that's it, nothing to do with the final product
>>
>budget cuts
>wastes money on shitty new music

I'm waiting for subs
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.