[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even worth it to hunt for a shiny without the shiny charm?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1498706604671.png (44KB, 135x169px) Image search: [Google]
1498706604671.png
44KB, 135x169px
Is it even worth it to hunt for a shiny without the shiny charm?
>>
>>33481091
Yes, it will be all the more satisfying.
>>
If you're gonna use the shiny charm, you might as well just inject the shinies immediately.
>>
>>33481091
Is anything in life ever worth it?
>>
>>33481091
Shiny charm is for pussies. 1/8192 are the only odds that count. Anything else is cheating and might as well inject.
>>
>>33481117
>>
How do I inject? I stopped trying after Nintendo patched the QR code thing.
>>
>>33481108
>>33481127
>>33481134
>>33481117
Lads i've been trying to get a shiny vulpix and spent about an hour and a half already using SOS method, no charm. I'm losing it
>>
>>33481134
So only gen 5 and below shinies count?

But to me personally, I don't like shiny hunting because hacking exists and its existence takes out the meaning of what I'm doing in the first place. So I only really value shinies that are 100% random and spontaneous, because those are truly lucky encounters. I got 7 shinies like this so far since gen 3, and I remember and treasure every single one, like I'll always remember the very moment of the day they happened because they were so surprising and rare.

I don't get shiny hunting, it would just turn it into a chore when you can just hack it if you want them that badly.
>>
>>33481153
I spent 8 months SRing for a shiny
untuck your balls and get back to it, bitch
>>
>>33481091
Cute Charm Glitch. If you don't have a gen 4 game, get one. If you have some "moral" ideas about it being cheating, kys asap.
>>
>>33481091
The long, arduous process of getting the pokedex filled and get the shiny charm is more tedious than just individually shiny hunting something.
>>
>>33481783
If you are going to go all ""moral"", then why not inject?
Holy fuck.
>>
>>33481858
I said ignore morals, for starters, and why inject when you can just not be a dumbass, buy a flashcart, go to 3ds.guide, and do ntrboothax, so you can edit your save file directly.
>>
>>33481867
Exactly, you said to ignore morals, hence your quotation marks around it, but somehow you draw a distinction between an in-game glitch and hacking the game directly. If you ignore morals like some kind of postmodern degenerate, then nothing matters and they are all the same thing.
>>
>>33481810
This. GTS is fucking stupid these days and it will take forever to officially complete your dex
>>
>>33481153
Shiny hunting is not for you friend.
>>
>>33481164
Gen 4 introduced the Poke Radar and the Masuda Method.

People can cheat all they want. My shiny pokemon have value to me and I know they are legit. I don't trade with other people because there is no way to know if they are legit. So it would be like trading gold and diamonds for monopoly money.

Shiny pokemon have diminishing returns just like money in economic theory but overall you are still gaining value. That is what it feels like to me at least.
>>
>>33481867
Cheating is cheating. The only way your cheating is different is that you pay for something others get for free.
>>
>>33481884
I never said I ignore all morals, just the idiotic ones with no basis in reality. Also, to set up the Cute Charm glitch, most normal people would need to use Pkhex to edit trainer data anyways. Duh.
>>33482096
>cheating is cheating
And saving time is saving time. Cheating is a moral clarification created by those who are either dumb enough to not do the same or sore enough about losing to falseflag.
>>
>>33481783
>Cute Charm Glitch
Holy fuck TIL something.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.