[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't team rocket just use fucking pokeballs That seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: EBZ8cc0.jpg (60KB, 542x418px) Image search: [Google]
EBZ8cc0.jpg
60KB, 542x418px
Why didn't team rocket just use fucking pokeballs
That seems to be the whole problem here
Everyone gets fucking livid that team rocket uses nets or some shit, because for some reason nets are completely reprehensible in the world of pokemon.
>>
>>33479529
Is Team Rocket even a criminal organization, or do they just refuse to fall for the Pokeball jew?
Its not like there are other brands of pokeballs and fucking everyone uses them, and clearly not using them makes you a fucking animal and a criminal in this world, so the company that produces them must be fucking huge if they've convinced everyone that not buying their products makes you a horrible person.

Is Team Rocket just a group of people that want to fight for their right to capture pokemon however they want?
>>
File: I9Q7Fxs.png (13KB, 383x287px) Image search: [Google]
I9Q7Fxs.png
13KB, 383x287px
>>33479529
>>
>>33479558
Note that the trainer blocked the ball, the ball didn't fail.
Also TR often tries to capture wild pokémon.
>>
>>33479575
I will be there to block all their balls
>>
File: 1498495900212-pol.png (152KB, 712x552px) Image search: [Google]
1498495900212-pol.png
152KB, 712x552px
>>33479548
Johto has a pokeball free market. That's why Kurt lives there, and why you see apricorn trees available to the public instead of on private corporate land.
>>
>>33479579
Not after I crush yours, mate.
ORA!
>>
So, you're telling me that in 20 years, Team Rocket never just tapped a Poké Ball over Pikachu's head when they had him locked up and unconscious?
>>
>>33479658
the only reason they wanted Pikachu in the first place is because he hates pokeballs as much as they do
>>
>>33479548
>Its not like there are other brands of pokeballs
Devon and Silph are different Pokéball manufacturing companies
>>
>>33479739
>devon, silph, and laverre
>one of which is in an entirely different country
>all make the same, identical product with the same trade dress to the same catching and comfort standards
>>
>>33479548
They do use Pokeballs. You can see an army of grunts throwing Pokeballs at Tauros in the movie. Jessie and James are just dumb.
>>
>>33479658
In the anime, Pokeballs do fail if thrown at a Pokemon owned by a trainer. In XY, they did finally realize that the easiest way to capture Pikachu is just to steal its Pokeball and recall it.
>>
>>33479780
Are you suggesting that they're all shell companies of a larger umbrella company we haven't seen yet?
>>
>>33479529
Because in-universe, pokemon are hard to catch.
You can see that most trainers only have 2 or 3 pokemon.
The game mechanic of catching pokemon is easy, because you know, pokemon is a kids game.
>>
File: alex-jones.jpg (44KB, 492x398px) Image search: [Google]
alex-jones.jpg
44KB, 492x398px
>>33479809
we have to go deeper
>>
>>33479780
>identical product with the same trade dress to the same catching and comfort standards
The design is clearly based on the ancient apricons, it's possible the design of the basic pokeball predates modern companies and has universal recognition. The premier ball is just a reskinned pokeball remember, so there is some variety.
>>
Pokeballs were brought to our planet by intelligent Clefairy and Alakazam from the moon who's goal is to enslave us with their alleged "code of honor" gatchapons
>>
>>33479529
Even if Jessie and James used pokeballs fair and square, the fact that they are working for a criminal organisation that mistreats and sells pokemon in the black market would most likely have all their pokemon confiscated or something.
>>
>>33480004
>that mistreats and sells pokemon in the black market
And who is telling you that they "mistreat" pokemon?
Who decides what the "black market" is, maybe Team Rocket is just fighting against an unfair monopoly.
>>
>>33480039
t. Giovanni
>>
>>33479548
I think it's tied to pokeworld law.

basically if you catch more than 6 mons, the 7th one will transfer to some facility.

since Team Rocket is an illegal organization they have to resort to other measures because of that.

that's only scratching the surface though and I don't know what's beyond that because politics and law never really get discussed in the show because it's for kids.
>>
>>33480039
>maybe Team Rocket is just fighting against an unfair monopoly

yeah, probably so.
Giovanni is countering the government by doing his own thing and that's more exciting than the autistic ass pokemon laws.

also, come to think of it,
it often creeps me out how Officer Jenny scolds the teen protags for shit nobody sane would give a fuck about. fuck the po-po.
>>
>>33479529
>Why didn't team rocket just use fucking pokeballs
Using pokeball on trainer's pokemon doesn't work, and using pokeballs on pokemon that they haven't weakened doesn't work either because they will just pop out.
they do try to steal pokemon in their pokeballs from time to time from pokemon centers, but they always get stopped.
>>
>>33479584
Then what's keeping Pokeballs affordable in every other region? Silph Co. has pretty much a Standard Oil tier monopoly on a resource everybody uses.
>>
>>33479797
help a buddy out here, didn't watch XY
I thought Pikachu simply refuses to be recalled, so the beam just would do it's "zap"-thingy and then fading out, while pikachu still stands there.
Or it'd jump out of its pokeball, for example like mistys psyduck sometimes did
>>
>>33479529
You know right that you can't use a ball on tamed pokemon?
>>
>>33481293
Ash just doesn't recall Pikachu because he doesn't want to. Rebellious Pokemon have been recalled a lot of times in the anime
>>
File: FB_IMG_1484973876470.jpg (35KB, 480x323px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1484973876470.jpg
35KB, 480x323px
>>33480048
This actually makes sense

What the...
>>
Pokemon is a post-scarcity world.
>>
>>33481392
I'm pretty sure there have been times where the pokemon kind of resisted the recall.
Might be my imagination, though. haven't seen an actual episode since Mt. Coronet
>>
>>33479529
I like to think that a pokemon getting caught means it gives up, as it still needs to be conscious to be caught. This could be seen as giving consent.

A net, on the other hand, bypasses all that shit.
Also, >>33480048 is on to something.
>>
>>33481413
>getting beaten to a pulp
>give mugger my wallet so he'll stop
>I consented to giving him money

Althought this is the actual in universe explanation to why pokeballs are okay, a pokemon that genuinely would not want to be caught would not be able to be caught in a pokeball at all, but the player never sees them because anyone that doesn't want to be caught never confronts you in tall grass. All the wild pokemon you meet WANT to join you, otherwise they wouldn't go out of their way to appear before you.
>>
>>33479575
many, many, MANY times they have shown that a pokeball either bounces off them and nothing or this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUSAvCEhF_s
>>
>>33479797
Wait, there's an actual episode where they attempt to steal Pikachu's ball?
>>
>>33482202
>Be stubborn, keep fighting back.
>Eventually he knocks you out cold.
>Now he can't get your card's PIN code.
More like this.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.