[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel knowing the Duplication Glitch will not work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: gold-silver.jpg (87KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
gold-silver.jpg
87KB, 470x235px
How do you feel knowing the Duplication Glitch will not work in these 2 (because the glitch involves reseting during save process), and you will be stuck with limited evo stones and TMs?
>>
>>33477757
the what?
>>
>>33477757
I'll evolve stuff in r/b/y and trasfer them there. Who cares.
>>
>>33477757
Why shouldn't it work? You can duplicate the same way in Gen 1 VC.
>>
>>33477757
Wow, I didn't know you already played the VC release!

>>33477764
18+.
Please read the global rules before browsing this website, and comeback when you're over the age of 18.
Underage b&
>>
>>33477776
The save process is a lot faster in 3ds, the reset window is almost impossible to hit.
>>
>>33477792
Yeah but as far as I know the risk of losing sava data in Gen 2 is far lower than Gen 1 when trying to duplicate Pokemon. I managed to duplicate my Zapdos twice in Gen 1 VC so it shouldn't be that hard in Gen 2.
>>
>>33477757
I've always played it this way, so I don't really care.

I'm more upset we're not getting Crystal.
>>
>>33477885
btw how sure can we about not getting Crystal ever? Is there a chance in the future?
>>
>>33477900
I've seen two arguments regarding this:

1. Apparently when RBY were released on VC Yellow grossly outsold the other two, so they're trying to change that this time around by delaying Crystal.

2. Crystal has some distinct features that involve phones and/or network capabilities that would make porting it to the VC a hassle/impossible (I've never played Crystal nor have I looked into it)
>>
How hard is cloning in gen 1 via box? I've been resetting over and over again to get a HP Ice Zapdos because I thought cloning was trade only but now I'm considering trying again and just cloning Zapdos over and over until I get one.
>>
>>33477947
Only in Japan for the phone/etc stuff. I think they just straight-up won't release it.
>>
>>33477949
>Another cloning method present in the early Pokémon games involved the exploit of the Pokémon Storage System and the fact that the game needed to save every time a Box was changed. During the saving that takes place when switching the Box, first the Pokémon data on all the PC Boxes is saved, and then the Pokémon data on the player's party. If some Pokémon are deposited in the PC before switching the Box, interrupting the saving process (turning the power off) at the right moment (ideally, before the "S" in the dialog Box appears but after the Box has appeared) causes said Pokémon to be present both in the Box and the player's party. This method, unlike the trade method, allows the player to clone up to five Pokémon at the same time, as well as in Generation II, clone items by making the cloned Pokémon hold items before cloning it.
If the glitch is used with a game attached to Pokémon Stadium 2, there is a chance of getting strange glitch Pokémon. If the player withdraws a Pokémon and continues the cloning glitch, if the game is turned off at the right time, the cloned Pokémon will vanish and be replaced by a Pokémon with the same name, attack, and level as the Pokémon removed. Its sprite will be identical to the cloned Pokémon, but if sent into battle, it will appear as the withdrawn Pokémon. Its species name will be the same as the cloned Pokémon's and it will be able to learn all the TMs/HMs as the cloned Pokémon. However, it will evolve as the withdrawn Pokémon does.
This glitch may be used at the beginning of a game to obtain all three starter Pokémon.
>>
>>33477949
It's really risky, you can lose your sava data. I've been able to do it twice before failing. I'd suggest to always transfer the Zapdos right after a successful attempt if you really want to try it.
>>
File: Freddie-so-close.png (37KB, 517x500px) Image search: [Google]
Freddie-so-close.png
37KB, 517x500px
>>33477776
>>33477778
>>
>>33477962
Im pretty sure they wont release it because its more or less pointless aside from the few changes that they made for the game. Yellow version was practically a completely different game in comparison to other third versions.
>>
>>33477982
Holy shit
>>
>>33477995
It would shut up the battle tower autists
>>
>>33477778
People who were just being born when these games came out are 18 now. Do you really think those people grew up with the first two gens, or does it make more sense that they started with gen 3?
>>
>>33477995
what the fuck? all yellow adds is random ashnime shit, surfing pikachu thing, color and sprites that look like poorly converted anime illustrations. Some attempts were made to unfuck the terrible teams and movesets too. And as usual with third versions you need to trade with 2 games minimum instead of 1 to catch everything. Yellow is the laziest and most pointless third version there is, if you fucking love the ashnime for some reason play yellow, R/B are for functioning human beings.
>>
>>33477757
I'm indifferent to that because I'll be enjoying my Crystal version on the GBA SP
>>
>>33478011

Facility autist here, virtually none of us gives a shit about Crystal's tower. There's no proof of achievement awards like trophies and the only prize you get are vitamins which are worthless on VC since you won't be able to win a useful amount until post game and they're useless post game since there's no stadium and banking VC Pokemon wipes the stat.exp.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.