[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would a steampunk pokemon game be like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

I have a few ideas myself that could make it work.
>Takes place when the first proto pokeballs were made
>The region is kinda like uk during the industrial revolution
>No pokemon centers or marts, healing and getting items is more tricky
>The mc isn't a new trainer. They are a young pickpocket that got their hands on a pokeball
>The gym leaders are "tamers" that are the strongest in their town or city

Well those are a few things to get this conversation started. Share your ideas.
>>
File: 569Garbodor.png (171KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
569Garbodor.png
171KB, 431x431px
>>33476772
Here you go, OP
>>
>>33476772
Sh-

>>33476788
Welp beat me to it.
>>
File: steampunk.png (828KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
steampunk.png
828KB, 1280x1280px
>>33476772
Just put gears on the outside of everything! That's how steam engines work, right?
>>
File: 1481118346525.jpg (312KB, 682x686px) Image search: [Google]
1481118346525.jpg
312KB, 682x686px
>>33476772
I wouldn't mind a Pokemon game set in an alternate fantasy present, but it would take a lot to carve out a new canon with its own worldbuilding and lore. There's also the issue of brand identity and how PR would disapprove for detracting from the atmosphere of the main Pokemon world.
>>
>>33477127
This is my least favorite part of the Steampunk community. They actively adhere to this entry level bullshit. Gimme a decent setting with believable analog retrofuture punchcard computers and bulb clocks with an advanced pigeon delivery system, leather everywhere because nothing else can stand the test of time in this society. Robot mechs and ships can be included, really isn't completely outlandish, only small robots and computers are off limits. Automatons are clerks and such.

Just NO functionless external cogs, that shit would never exist. No matter which direction technology continued to advance. Some technologies are inevitable, useless ones are not.
>>
>>33476772
Steampunk isn't Steampunk without a collectivist 1984-tier state with hidden cameras and microphones everywhere.
Psychic Pokemon would make this much easier. Brainwashing people to obey the Party would be a kids play, and they can know even the most subtle seed of subversion by reading your mind, and for even thinking in opposing the State you can be thrown into the Gulag.
Machinery and dark type training would be the only way people can even begin to hope in rebel the State.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.