[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you trust pokemon bank with your pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon-bank-logo.png (169KB, 800x469px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-bank-logo.png
169KB, 800x469px
Do you trust pokemon bank with your pokemon?
>>
I have in Bank some random pokemon and some breed leftovers that I to lazy to release or wonder trade.
>>
>>33475808
Everything except for my closest bros and ancient, Gen 3 event mons (including the Journey Across America mons and Pokémon Rocks America 2005 Metang). That shit's priceless.
>>
>>33475808
No I backup to my computer/cloud

I still got my first Swampert from Sapphire
>>
>>33475808
I don't even trust them with my money.
>>
>>33475808
I do not trust anything with the word Bank on it
>>
yes you can sue them if something happened anyway. I'm more comfortable with it than possibly losing one of my gamecarts.
>>
>>33475869
t. Andrew Jackson
>>
>>33475808
I only use it to transfer Pokémon
>>
>>33475808
Yeah why not?
I hope it releases for the switch so when gen 8 comes I can bring my bros with me.
>>
>>33475808
I do not trust Nazis with my collection of tactical warfare, artillery, and Jewish memorabilia. Sry.
>>
>>33475808
Trust is a strong word.
I have all my mons from gen 3 onward in the bank as a living dex and nearly complete shiny living dex (minus unobtainables) but if they ever get erased, I will likely come to view pokémon and nintendo with nothing but contempt.
>>
File: 1498500628405-pol.png (257KB, 563x750px) Image search: [Google]
1498500628405-pol.png
257KB, 563x750px
>>33475869
this tbqhwyf
>>
>>33475895
This.

>>33477787
guaranteed, they already stated that Bank is a service that will carry on with Pokémon until the franchise last, in order to carry your pokémon in the next versions.
What I would love though is to Bank to become a way to transfer to old versions too like the time capsule in gsc.
>>
more than the cartridges. I've heard too many horror stories of some bug causing peoples save files to disappear.

I think if the bank crashes there would be too big of a shit show for Nintendo to handle so they are more likely to keep the bank stable, especially since they are charging for it.

Can you imagine the PR disaster if the bank, that you pay for yearly, crashes and all your pokemon get erased? That reason alone makes me trust it, no way Nintendo/GF wants to deal with that
>>
>>33481512
I wouldn't be surprised if they keep multiple backups just in case considering how tiny the files are anyway. Then again, that would cost the slightest bit of extra money.
>>
>>33481533
I think that's part of the reason they charge for it. The bank is successful enough right now that it's still going, 5 bucks a person for a year (which is nothing, its still the cheapest, and most convenient way to transfer mons to the next gen there has ever been, and the cheapest 'bank' there is) should be enough for them to back up everyones bank once or twice
>>
>>33481553
Is Game Freak in charge of it though? I could see one of their employees tripping over a power cable and ruining everything based on how they code.
>>
>>33481562
good question and good point
>>
I'm more concerned about my own ability to remember my subscription because my interest in Pokemon comes and goes in bursts. I'm worried I'll just not get hyped up for whatever game is coming up, forget when my sub runs out, and come back to it two or three months after expiration and find that everything's been erased. Between living dex, breeding pokemon, old sentimental teams, and hidden ability collection, I can't fit them all on one cartridge. When I get Ultra Sun I'll probably take all of them off the bank and store all of my guys across the two cartridges and let my subscription run out until I need it again.
>>
>>33481562
>>33481572
>server fire started by James Turner when he tripped over an ethernet cable while walking and getting an idea for a new Pokemon from looking at the coffee mug in his hand
>>
>>33481586
has anyone confirmed what happens if you fail to renew your subscription? I've heard conflicting reports
>>
>>33481586
>>33481604
Nothing at all happened to me when I didn't renew, it just told me my time ran out and did I want to pay $5 again. Everything was still there.

It might be different if you wait like 2 or 3 years but I only had like a 3 month gap
>>
>>33481604
Pretty much your account "space" is put onto a list to be emptied out and given to someone else when a new subscription comes in. This can take months, not necessarily will, to actually happen.
>>
>>33481604
You can withdraw them for a period of time after the subscription has ended, and eventually they'll be erased. How long that "eventually" is has varied from person to person. It doesn't seem like there is a specific window of time in which they delete your Pokemon, and that's part of what bothers me. If you're going to delete them eventually, tell me how much time I have. I've heard of people who have had them stay in there fine for months, and others who got theirs deleted two months later.

And anyway, like I said, I have too much stuff, so even if I relied on them to keep my stuff for a little while if I forgot, I wouldn't be able to withdraw them all in a pinch unless I have two games from the current generation.
>>
I lost a whole box a month ago. Don't know what the hell happened.

I've been told by some in the community that it has to due with outdated subscriptions (like some kind of penalty or whatever), but I don't know. Every other Box except for the first was untouched.
>>
>>33475895
>I'm worried that if I deposit my Pokémon on the Internet, they could disappear or I might not be able to get them back again due to something like a server error or cyber attack. If the worst happened, would I be compensated for my Pokémon?

>In order to prevent our players from losing their Pokémon, we will have security measures in place and will be providing regular maintenance to manage this system securely. However, we ask that you please read the warnings and stipulations for using Pokémon Bank and decide for yourself whether you wish to use the service.

You can sue them but there is no way you will win. Read your EULA.
>>
>>33481610
>>33481617
>>33481633
to be fair it does give you a countdown for how long you have until you renew. I personally put it in my phone calendar to remind me just in case since I keep everything on there (like I said, I still trust it more than the cartridges)
>>
>>33475808
Every time I open Bank, I'm worried I'm going to select the "redeem for Poke Miles" option by accident. Why is this even an option in SM?
>>
Pokebank is the easiest way to filter out the underageb& because it's 5 fucking bucks a year and their mommies don't trust them with credit card info
>>
>>33481644
>You can sue them but there is no way you will win. Read your EULA.
that's there for legal reasons, but as I said earlier, if the worst case scenario happens and there was a massive loss of peoples pokemon, the PR disaster would be too big for them to want to deal with

I haven't heard of any real problems with the bank, and speaking only for myself I have had none at all
>>
>>33481661
Same. Happened to me a few months before SM came out when I was trying to save BP for the new gen. I wish there was a setting where you could just tell it to stop asking you so you can let them pile up and provide an menu option in game to redeem only when you want to. The boot up process for bank already feels so fucking long.
>>
>>33481657
Same. Kinda wish they'd send out a reminder though.
Also, I hope there's a way to transfer Pokemon using your phone or directly in the game for the Switch game.
>>
I don't like cloud-based storage. I back up all my DS and 3DS-based Pokemon games through FBI (for DS) and JKSM (3DS). If I ever play the eventual Switch Pokemon games, I'll probably just use it as a transfer tool and nothing more.

>>33481662
It takes like 2 minutes to go to Gamestop and get a $10 card
>>
>>33481662
Kids can buy a Nintendo E-shop card at Walmart or even the dollar store
>>
>>33475808
Not with my legendaries or shinies. I only trust them with breedjects or pokemon that can easily be obtained from the games.
>>
>>33475819
>Gen 3 event mons (including the Journey Across America mons and Pokémon Rocks America 2005 Metang)

Put the pokemon in the bag nao!
>>
>>33481670
They are protected. You literally sign away any rights by using it. You can cry and whine with all your dumb friends but that wont do anything.
>>
>>33481776
yes, but it would ruin consumer confidence if anything did happen and hurt them in the long run.
>>
>>33481662
Or maybe you just don't want to pay $5 a year for a service you can get for free
>>
>>33481790
Nor consumer confidence nor anything else will bring your pokemon back.
>>
>>33481852
true, but the fact they don't want to risk that makes me feel secure in it
>>
>>33481752
No thanks, Lillie. Jump in the Ultra Wormhole and get your own.
>>
>>33481940
Nothing makes me sadder than not being able to get legit gen 3 event pokemon. Do you have a list of the ones you have?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.