[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ishihara doubted the switches success before launch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 21

http://twinfinite.net/2017/09/pokemon-ceo-nintendo-switch/
>“I told Nintendo that Switch wouldn’t be a success before it went on sale because I thought that in the age of the smartphone, no one would carry out a game console. It’s obvious I was wrong. I came to realize the key to a successful game is quite simple: software with absolute quality leads sales of hardware. Playing style can be flexible if the software is attractive enough. Currently, it’s popular among the early adopters, but there needs to be one more step to attract a wider audience. I see more potential in Switch, but one shouldn’t overestimate its potential.”
>>
File: 777.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
777.png
46KB, 250x250px
>>33475777

He was correct to.
>>
very knowledgeable guy
>>
File: 1482212737467.png (188KB, 1280x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1482212737467.png
188KB, 1280x1097px
You can tell his guy just wants to ditch Nintendo and keep churning out Pokeshit on smartphones only.
I bet everyone at TPC are just itching to release mainline on smartphones because they think that's where the money is.
>>
>>33475821
that's where money is
>>
>>33475777
>Playing style can be flexible if the software is attractive enough
After that, I can't believe they made Sun and Moon.
>>
>>33475827
3ds is weak though. They couldn't do much with it.
>>
>>33475821
that is pretty much where the money is
>>
>>33475842
a shitty game like Pokemon dual was downloaded 20-25 million times

mainline Pokemon 20 dollars a pop. would make a killing.
>>
>>33475853
People would be mad about the idea of a $20 Phone game. Look at the mario run reaction
>>
>>33475866
im talk about a mainline Pokemon. super Mario run is a cheap 2d runner.

Minecraft is 10.99 on mobile. I think it was downloaded over 200 million times. that's 2.1 billion
>>
>>33475866
Also,phones aren't powerful enough yet. They would be limited with what they could do like the 3ds again.
>>
File: 1481754796562.jpg (71KB, 643x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481754796562.jpg
71KB, 643x800px
>>33475877
lol the fuck are you talking about?
The average budget phone today is more powerful than even a Vita. Hell, there are even high-end phones more powerful than a Switch.

>>33475853
>freemium game was downloaded a lot
To surprise of nobody.
It seems like you don't understand the mobile audience is different. They don't like paying more than $10 for games. Hell, they don't like paying for games AT ALL.
They see that the game says FREE and they download it.
All the money is made through microtransactions and all that bullshit. Pokemon GO, Shuffle, Magikarp Jump, Duel, all the same freemium shit riddled with microtransactions.

Now imagine how a mainline Pokemon would be on the smartphone scene. They won't sell it full price because no one would buy it. That's just not how the smartphone market works.
They would have to sell it for extremely cheap, and pump it up with microtransactions as well.

Meanwhile, on the Switch, it costs $60 and the gamer audience doesn't give a fuck, because they are perfectly fine with paying for full price games like they have always done.
>>
>>33475907
>lol the fuck are you talking about?
Phones use too much ram on the os. Its says 4gb but usually only 1-2 is availible for games. The switch os is VERY simple and uses little to no ram. Even the s8 is way less powerful than the switch.The switch has optimized code too, so that makes it even more powerful
>>
>>33475866
dude, is pokemon. mario is a dead franchise
if TPC will release pkmn red and blue with battle online on smartphones, and add options like put your pokemon go mons´s in the game.. then the world would be a diferent place
>>
>>33475938
Only people used to paying for games i.e. those that probably also have a console will buy it.
I don't really get the "TCP is itching to release a main game on mobile" point. It's not. Mainline Pokémon is too clunky and complicated for mobile, where it HAS to be p2w to make the real money (from a business prospective I'd say that a 60 dollars Pokémon 8 on Switch will make much more money than a 20 dollars Pokémon 8 on mobile, especially since none buys shit on Android). I do believe that it's the end for spinoffs though, they'll be all dumbed down and sent to the mobile purgatory.
>>
>>33475974
Spinoffs and go for phones
Mainline for consoles/handhelds
>>
>>33475907
>The average budget phone today is more powerful than even a Vita. Hell, there are even high-end phones more powerful than a Switch.
It doesn't really matter when most of that is wasted on running the OS and the control scheme sucks shit
>>
>>33475777
No shit, after Nintendo's previous system anyone would
>>
>>33475987
>touch controls
>mattering in a turn based RPG
>>
>>33475984
Fuck pokemon go already, what a waste of a oportunity they made with that normie shit, jesus
>>
>>33475777
>“I told Nintendo that Switch wouldn’t be a success before it went on sale because I thought that in the age of the smartphone, no one would carry out a game console

So thats the reason behind producing something that is essentially the WiiU+ and killing the handheld line.
>>
>>33476087
Handheld gaming is dead bro, accept it already.
>>
>>33476098
Well I might as well, Nintendo seems to have and they were the only ones able to make a half decent handled consistently.
>>
>>33476102
Atleast they make hybrids, which is what they probably will only make for now on. They should just make a switch 2 instead of a nintendo box
>>
>>33476102
The game market isn't as thriving as it was in gen 7.
Companies can't afford to have two products like before. The Vita bombed, and the 3DS, despite doing well in the era of smartphones, underperformed compared to predecessors.
There's just not a huge market for handheld gaming anymore thanks to phones.
So Nintendo just decided to focus on one system now. That can be both home console and a handheld. It was the logical step to take.
Focus all development on one platform.
>>
>>33476111
>That can be both home console and a handheld. It was the logical step to take.
The problem is that they're placing a much larger emphasis on the home console part than the handheld part.
They have essentially something that has the same function as the WiiU: handheld in the sense you can carry to the bathroom or use it without a tv but not at all practical for a commute or even a long car trip.

They've made a "hybrid" that under performs in comparison to every other system on the market and a handheld that isn't portable. In this sense it's taking the wrong lesson from the logical step.
>>
>>33476102
I fell for the hybrid meme and I can tell you that handheld gaming is 100% dead.

Two and a half hours of battery life says it's dead. Give it up.
>>
>>33476134
The shittiest part is that while the 3DS didn't sell to the level of the DS the Switch is proof they are willing to turn their backs on the handheld fanbase to push a home console.
Thanks for keeping us alive in the last gen! Now fuck off!
>>
>>33475777
>software with absolute quality
Looks like he has a thing or two to learn about before he gets Pokemon running on the Switch
>>
>>33476145
The switch is a handheld that has a html dock
>>
>>33476134
The Wii U was a massive flop.
They keep pushing the Switch as "home console that you can take anywhere" to keep the "we're still in the home console market" facade up.
Nintendo wasn't going to just make a super powerful box because they aren't competing against PS4 or Xbone. And they also weren't going to abandon their fair share of handheld market they still had with the 3DS.

Making a strong home console wasn't going to solve anything. Nintendo doesn't have a market anymore in the dedicated home console crowd, and smartphones have finished with the handheld market.
What else was Nintendo supposed to do?
>>
>>33476153
In the same way a WiiU was a handheld, yes.
>>
>>33476158
No,the wii u was a console with a wireless tablet.
>>
>>33476157
>What else was Nintendo supposed to do?
Not abandon their handheld fanbase like they are currently.
The 3DS wont last forever, nobody is saying it should, but once it's dead there are no more options. You buy their newest home console, that despite marketing has been confirmed to be internally considered a home console primarily, or you stop playing Nintendo games.

While it's their right to do this thinking they will unify the handheld and home console markets and appeal to both is false when this really doesn't have any of the positive traits of either. On the other hand Nintendo literally can't fail.
Handheld gamers need to accept their era is over and if they want to game on the go grab a smarthone.
>>
>>33476160
Yes but the function and intention was the same.
If the usage is the same the point is moot.

Calling the Switch handheld, in any capacity, is like saying the WiiU was a handheld.
>>
pokemon mainline on phone. would be massive. would also make nintendo as a licenser a huge ton of money
>>
>>33476166
The switch is small enough to be a normal handheld, its just a litter bigger than the vita. No matter what nintendo says, its a handheld with a html dock.
>>
>>33476166
Except Nintendo isn't giving their handheld audience the middle finger. If they were, the Switch wouldn't even be portable in the first place.
>>
>>33476170
The Switch itself is a tablet.
The Switch functions without the dock
The dock does not function without the Switch
All the dock does is send the image to your TV and tell the Switch it can run overclocked.

It isn't like the Wii U at all. The Switch and all of its internals are inside the tablet itself and is quite literally a tablet with attachable controls.
>>
>>33476170
no
>The switch is way smaller than the wii u gamepad
>you can bring the switch anywhere, unlike the wii u
>>
>>33476166
Yeah I'm having a fair bit of buyers remorse on the Switch front. Thought I could carry BotW around with me but that wasn't the case and it really pisses me off I could have just played on my WiiU and saved 320 dollars.
>>
>>33476178
>Except Nintendo isn't giving their handheld audience the middle finger.
Except they are because it isn't portable.
>>
>>33476191
It is portable
t.switch owner
>>
File: 1477370578388.jpg (83KB, 302x389px) Image search: [Google]
1477370578388.jpg
83KB, 302x389px
>>33476191
>because it isn't portable
do you even know what the Switch is or
>>
>>33476185
>you can bring the switch anywhere, unlike the wii u
What? Do you even own a Switch that shit is not at all suited for "anywhere." The battery life alone is horrid
>>33476158
The WiiU was probably just a beta test for the Switch.
>>
>>33476191
Have you even held one in your hands?
It's barely bigger than a 5.5 inch phone without the joycons, and it's flat. Fits perfectly in the pocket.
3DS XL and Vita are even less portable
>>
>>33476194
Then explain to me, oh great and mighty wizard, how I can make my Switch practical/portable enough to go with me on my morning commute.
>>
>>33476204
>It's barely bigger than a 5.5 inch phone without the joycons, and it's flat. Fits perfectly in the pocket.
Why the fuck would you take the Switch anywhere without it's joycons. You need those to play, and even then the Switch doesn't even fit in the slackest of pockets.
>>
>>33476209
>>33476206
>put switch in one pocket
>put joy-cons in other
bam
>>
>>33476194
We had a thread not too long ago where a guy was trying to claim he could fit the Switch in his pocket but couldn't even do so without the joycons. The pictures proved that was a load of bullshit.
>>33476206
>You need those to play,
Ignore the shitposters, anon. Those people probably don't even know how a Switch works.
>>
>>33476206
Unless you're wagecucking you should have some kind of bag, put the Switch in there.
>>
>>33476214
>having to waste two pockets on a single device that still doesn't fit in my pockets.
Why the fuck would you remove the joycons and risk losing them when replacing LITERALLY closes a third of the console price?

Holy shit I like handhelds because they only take up one pocket not make me remove my wallet and phone to barely cram them in.
>>
>>33476216
>all the pants and pocket sizes in the world are the same
You're an special kind of retard
>>
>>33476223
what kind of tiny pockets do you have?
>>
>>33476222
So any console I can fit in a bag is a handheld because space has no factor on if a system is a good one or not? >>33476224
>all the pants and pocket sizes in the world are the same
Not but even the large one has a problem holding the Switch. Buy one and try it. Go on.
>>
>>33476229
I don't wear pockets that hang down to my knees.
Mostly business slacks and cargo pants.

If it can't fit in those it's an issue and you know it.
>>
>>33476223
>pants are LITERALLY the only place someone can keep their things

Or you know, I could use my long as fuck jacket pockets that can fit even a Wii U gamepad
>>
>>33476231
Who even carries the 3DS around in their pocket? I don't have space for that, just use a bag. Same with the Switch.
>>
>>33476231
If you don't need to plug it in, yes it would be handheld. The console itself fits in your hand and you can play it without a power supply. Stop acting like a retard, you probably are wagecucking because of it.
>>
File: xmg962n3hmcy.png (15KB, 788x463px) Image search: [Google]
xmg962n3hmcy.png
15KB, 788x463px
>>33476134
If the Switch isn't practical for commute or travel, the original Game Boy wasn't either. There's 4 grams of difference between the two in including batteries for the GB and both joycon for the Switch. The Switch itself is also thinner than a Game Boy Pocket (with joycons, it is about 3mm thicker because of the trigger ridges and sticjs). The only significant difference is the length of the Switch because of its detachable joycon.
>>
>>33476235
I thought you were trying to argue the WiiU wasn't handheld?
Excuse me for not wanting a jacket with giant pockets sticking out.
>>
>>33476247
This can obviously meah only one thing according to retards: The Gameboy wasn't a portable console either.
>>
>>33476247
The difference is that the original gameboy didn't try to replace something that before it that, actually was, practical for commute and travel.

Progress should go forward, not in reverse.

>>33476243
>and you can play it without a power supply.
So just like my wiiu then
>>
>>33476255
The the wii u is a console with a low range tablet. You can't leave your house with your wii u.
>>
File: Game_and_watch_Ball.jpg (80KB, 1023x668px) Image search: [Google]
Game_and_watch_Ball.jpg
80KB, 1023x668px
>>33476255
>>
>>33476258
Yes, thats the point. I can't leave my house with my WiiU either, not for any measure of distance that would be any different than a WiiU unless I, for some reason, wanted to play Zelda on the back porch.
>>
>>33476248
Not him, but you can't take the Wii U gamepad more than several feet from the console. It isn't a handheld regardless of size unless you're lugging around a lot more than the tablet thing.
>>
>>33476255
You have to plug the Wii U in to give it signal to the Gamepad and that can't leave the house unless you somehow pack a generator and your Wii U in your bag with you, fucking inbred retard.
>>
>>33475821
But it's extremely easy to pirate of you own an android, it would be a loss of profit, then again the android audience is overwhelmingly huge, so maybe it would compesate it and even more
>>
>>33476261
Well shit. I stand corrected. More embarrassing because I have one of those around here...
They really did make the same mistake twice without learning.
>>
>>33476266
The rooting/piracy Android community is literal irrelevant non-issue compared to the rest of the userbase.
Just like the 3DS piracy scene. It didn't stop Sun and Moon from outselling XY
>>
>>33476265
So, once again, just like my Switch that isn't practical to leave the house on it's own. At least read the comment chain.
>>33476264
>It isn't a handheld regardless of size unless you're lugging around a lot more than the tablet thing.
Which is exactly my problem with the Switch. With all the word you need to do to make it "handheld" I could just carry my WiiU to work.
>>
File: 1504620766356.gif (339KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1504620766356.gif
339KB, 720x405px
I mean...I can't completely fault the dude. Most including me were skeptical after Nintendo's spectacular(and very needed) failure with the Wii U.
>>
>>33476274
>It's hard to put a tablet in a bag.
>>
im not sure why people even talking about wii u comparing to switch. Ishihara admited he was wrong. switch is successful and wii u isnt. its all past tense
>>
>>33476275
I was skeptical as well but decided to give the Switch a shot.
Thats my problem I was promised something I could use a handheld and all I got was what amounts to the Wii U gold edition.
>>
>>33476281
A vey small tablet at that. The switch without the joy-cons is around the size of a + iphone
>>
>>33476274
>So, once again, just like my Switch that isn't practical to leave the house on it's own
Yes it is. The Switch has a 3 hour battery life playing BoTW and more if you play something 2D like Mania or Puyo Puyo.
If for whatever reason you need more charge you can charge it on the bus/train/plane with a power bank or just charge it while you're at work. The Switch doesn't require anything other than the tablet and the joycons that fit perfectly fine in a bag.
>>
>>33476281
If I have to carry a bag for a single system? Yeah.
Especially when the entire argument is based around the Switch being able to fit in a bag when there are several things that would, also, fit in the bad for the same amount of effort.
>>
>software with absolute quality leads sales of hardware.
>>
>>33476291
>The Switch has a 3 hour battery life playing BoTW and more if you play something 2D like Mania or Puyo Puyo.
It's closer to two and a half, actually. Also boasting "long battery life" and talking about shovelware isn't really a plus. Anything worth playing isn't going to make that three hour limit and the Switch itself ALREADY takes up a fuckton of space. Now you want me to carry ANOTHER THING with me just to make this system do something it's not meant to?
>>
I kind of wonder why there are very few Switch games that can be entirely played with just the touchscreen as an option?
>>
>>33476275
The problem is they didn't learn anything from last gen, they're just trying to force handheld fans into the home console market.
>>
>>33476303
>Oh fuck, I'm wrong. Let me just move the goalposts a bit..
>>
>>33476306
The design aspect seems to be closer to that of the WiiU and the like.
Most of the games we getting are home consoleish games, like an OoT style Zelda and a 64 styled Mario. Now that they have graphics to work with they're going to abandon more traditional handheld games to focus on other things.
>>
>>33476312
>move a goalpost and try to accuse me of doing it so nobody notices you did it.
The fact of the matter remains that the Switch isn't portable, convenient, and has shit battery life. Nothing you said has changed that but at this point I'm fairly sure I'm talking to a shitposter anyway.
>>
>>33476295
But if you're going somewhere and you want to play the Switch on the way, I assume it's not gonna be just a 10 minute trip, because who takes a game console with them to play for such a short amount of time? It's gonna take at least an hour to get where you're going and most people carry around a bag when they're going somewhere that far away. Or maybe that's just me and literally everyone I see on the train every day.
>>
>>33476303
2 and a half? Does your Switch have some kind of battery problem? I can get a little over 3 hours playing Zelda.
>>
File: exaid4.png (385KB, 622x358px) Image search: [Google]
exaid4.png
385KB, 622x358px
>>33476291
>The Switch doesn't require anything other than the tablet and the joycons that fit perfectly fine in a bag.
>>
>>33476326
>Or maybe that's just me and literally everyone I see on the train every day.
It seems more like just you because the people I see on the train hardly carry much of anything unless it's a suitcase for work.
And, once again, the problem is I can't take my Switch somewhere and play it along the way.
>>
>>33476329
Can confirm my Switch doesn't make it to three hours either
>>33476334
Your game tanked, Dan.
>>
File: this octopus saved me.png (580KB, 1461x820px) Image search: [Google]
this octopus saved me.png
580KB, 1461x820px
>>33476316
Indies seem to be doing a pretty good job on the handheld style front though. In any case, the only thing most games need to be like modern handheld games is a quicksave feature.
>>
>>33476350
Yes but it shows clear intent on the part of Nintendo, and you can play most indie games elsewhere.
>>
File: tumblr_loe9b0t6LU1qlsz95o1_500.gif (160KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_loe9b0t6LU1qlsz95o1_500.gif
160KB, 500x281px
>>33476310
>The problem is they didn't learn anything from last gen.
Sure they did. No one will buy an unappealing product that sound AND looks similar to a previous console. Hell people still think the wii u was just a wii add on thanks to that hilariously bad E3 reveal it had. The overall switch message has been super clear about what the thing does so people can't possibly be confused. Oh and that game droughts fucking suck and kills momentum

>they're just trying to force handheld fans into the home console market.
Many seem to think the opposite of this opinion is true, too. They made a middle ground since splitting teams between handheld and console spread them rather thin.
>>
>>33476329
I get around 2:40 with BotW, but I use max brightness. I do get over 5 hours on some games like Puyo Puyo Tetris or Has Been Heroes though.
>>
>>33476356
>The overall switch message has been super clear about what the thing does so people can't possibly be confused.
The problem is they haven't done that. As a home console the Switch is amazing but they try to bill it as something you can take anywhere when that, frankly, isn't the case. Even when polled where people play their Switch home won by like 70%.
If they wanted to do a hybrid they needed to find middle ground, not force everybody onto one ship and tell them to deal with the downgrade in features.
>>
>>33476356
>No one will buy an unappealing product that sound AND looks similar to a previous console.
So what I'm getting is they just learned to not use the Wii name but still a system that looks and functions similar to what they had before?

It's progress I suppose?
>>
>>33476351
Most of Nintendo's 3DS handheld games could have passed as console games if they just had better graphics.
>>
>>33476361
I get close to 2:20, but these batteries tend to be variable(they certainly were with the O3DS).
I round this down to two hours becuase that 20 minutes escapes real fast and anybody that keeps playing when their battery is nearly dead is a moron.
>>
>>33476364
But you can take it anywhere. Just because you refuse to take it with you doesn't mean it's not portable. Also it's pretty fucking obvious that tv play would be more popular.
>>
>>33476376
>Most of Nintendo's 3DS handheld games could have passed as console games if they just had better graphics.
...yes but that's the point?
I'm talking from a gameplay perspective. Handheld games, even of a familiar franchise, have different functions in the handheld market. Look at Pikmin and Zelda. Any port like OoT 3D and Metal Gear played like shit without an addon because that wasn't really the type of game the system/playstyle is meant for.
>>
>>33476382
>But you can take it anywhere. Just because you refuse to take it with you doesn't mean it's not portable.

I'm not refusing to do anything it doesn't even give me the viable to take it somewhere.
I'd be perfectly fine if I could take it anywhere even if I didn't use that feature, but as it stands thats not the game the Switch plays.
>>33476361
I get around that, yeah.
>>
>>33476341
They killed the wii brand themselves so it's not like they had much of a choice desu. Also...

DS, DS Lite, DS XL, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL, New 3DS, NEW 3ds XL 2DS, NEW 2DS. I feel like I may have forgot one or two or made up one by accident.
>>
>>33476364
How many people play their 3DS or Vita outside of their home?

>>33476378
The Switch saves goes into sleep when it gets low enough. You're unlikely to lose progress as its sleep mode is extremely efficient and you'll probably have at least a whole day to plug it in.
>>
>>33476271
I soppose you're right, but still so much cool shit you can do with your phone
>>
>>33476391
Quite a bit? A fuckton of children but it's not uncommon to see somebody on the train/bus/in a car.
People here rush to defend the WiiU but none of them are really handheld games, they just play the DS/3DS in their rooms and assume everybody does this.
>>
>>33476390
You forgot the New 2DS XL
>>
>>33476403
There's a 2ds xl?
>>
>>33476271
Its way easier to pirate on android
>>
>>33476400
I use the train to get to work every day. I've seen exactly one guy playing on his 3DS/Switch over the years. All the kids just play on their phones.
>>
I personally enjoy how people keep falling for these shitposts.
Every single OP with a picture of the Switch is probably intended to start a shitstorm, you can tell because they use the same fucking stock photos.
>>
>>33476390
You made a few up as well
It goes like this:
DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, new 3DS, new 3DS XL, new 2DS XL
>>
>>33475777
Fuck this money grubbing suit for being more concerned with milking as much money out of people as possible rather than making good games.
>>
File: IMG_9756.png (44KB, 644x538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9756.png
44KB, 644x538px
>>33476408
Yeah and it actually looks pretty good.
>>
>>33476411
Meanwhile I get all the spotpasses because it's a fairly common occurrence.
What kind of deadzone you live in?
>>
>>33476296
This.
the only reason the Switch has sold is because nintendo had a "ITS COOL MILLENNIALS" marketing strategy.

Once everyone realizes the games on it are shit, then people will jump ship.

Screencap this im expecting by at least early 2019, devs will start assblasting it and sales will drop off like wily-e-coyote off a cliff
>>
>>33476416
All I can think about is that smart phone excuse for leaving out the battle frontier in oras.
>>
>>33476418
I guess people just don't give that much of a shit about game consoles over here that they carry one around with them all the time. It's not like the train's empty either, it's alway full when I get on in the morning/afternoon.
>>
File: 1500741979293.gif (508KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500741979293.gif
508KB, 480x360px
>>33476420
>Doubting the power of rooftop parties
>>
>>33476420
But, anon, ninendo make best videa gamy ever
>>
>>33476426
I think a lot of the problem with this debate is the disconnect between where you live and I live?
>>
>>33476429
>>33476430
But guys The switch Doesn't have halo 6 or Callodutty shootinman or Forza or Battlefield

Rooftop party dudebros only buy those games
>>
>>33476433
But does it hev roket lyg?
>>
>>33476420
forget 2019. there is nothing for 2018. there gonna have to cut the price
>>
File: mario.jpg (108KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
mario.jpg
108KB, 800x450px
>>33476438
>implying they aren't saving Super Smash Brother 4Ever in their back pocket for 2018
>>
>>33476384
Handheld games were meant to be portable console games since the release of the Game Boy. However, there were many issues developers had to deal with such as technical limitations and limited playing time due to batteries. This made it so the vast majority of handheld games were either cheap-to-produce cash-ins (usually ports) with vastly varying degrees of quality or just cheap-to-produce good games.
>>
>>33476431
I live in Switzerland. Literally everyone you see here on the train is playing on their phone, except for that one guy I mentioned earlier.
>>
>>33476462
same in canada. I don't see anyone playing with switches or 3ds outside unless it's organised event for the systems

phone way more convenient for more
>>
>>33476459
Yes but at a certain point they became more of the same(see first party nintendo franchises) but eventually developed their own "Style" due to working with the limitations.

>>33476462
Cleveland here.
>>
>>33476462
I'm Canadian and see plenty of people using their systems.
>>
>>33476476
Which games have their own handheld "style"?
>>
>>33476481
im in brampton ontario i dont see anything here.

everyone is on there phones
>>
>>33476451
I'm not sure how could they make smash better than it is rn, only worse
>>
>>33476462
Texas here. I occassionally see a kid with a 3DS but that's pretty much it. If it weren't for my friends with 3DS, it would likely take me a month to fill up the streetpass plaza especially now that the streetpass relays are gone.
>>
keep in mind

2015 he said. they were gonna develop games for NX. whether it flopped or hit. they were gonna make games for switch
>>
>>33476435
>implying anyone outside twitch plays rocket leauge
>>
>>33476529
I kind of feel bad for people like that.
I can go around town on errands and get a fuckton of streetpasses, at least 10 a go.
It helps most of the little shit kids I see have a phone in one hand a system in the other for reasons lost to this old timer.
>>
>>33476538
>mystery dungeon
>>
>>33476544
I dont know what ppl play, i only play quake champions and csgo on pc atm
>>
>>33476417
It's very light compared to new3dsxl that I was used to
>>33476545
Whats the point of filling that plaza freeware? I liked the puzzles artsy animations so hacked myself all the pieces but thats all that i likes about that plaza shit
>>
>>33475821
I mean, you can't blame him. He's a CEO, his entire job is making sure his company is profiting as much as possible.

Pokemon is simple enough that it would lose very little transitioning to phones, and would most likely make them a lot more cash.
>>
>>33475924
>The switch has optimized code too, so that makes it even more powerful

Doesn't matter, Game Freak will find a way to fuck this up. Their programmers are worthless.

>tfw Gen 3 is the only 60 fps seamless open world game and always will be
>>
File: 1497844961746.jpg (65KB, 539x635px) Image search: [Google]
1497844961746.jpg
65KB, 539x635px
>>33476616
>pocket wii u++
>doubles and multis still lag like crazy
>>
>>33476616
>tfw Gen 3 is the worst Gen
>>
>>33476622
We'll be lucky if singles is 60fps with their track record.
>>
File: 1478392691318.gif (44KB, 400x204px) Image search: [Google]
1478392691318.gif
44KB, 400x204px
>>33476623
Take that back
>>
>>33475777
That's fine. He's realized the error of his ways, clearly, since the Switch is popular and now has a Core RPG Pokemon title in development. Generation Eight shall be amazing.
>>
>>33475777
>software with absolute quality leads sales of hardware.
>people actually want quality games over overhyped bullshit
no shit Ishihara, its why we had gamergate
>>
>>33476418
>spotpasses
>tfw no spotpasses for months
Maybe things will change now that the kids are back in school.
>>
In my opinion the switch is a failure because of it's main selling point, it's a portable home console, I mean where did Nintendo go from snes to n64 to GC and decide " Hey who cares about hatdware?", The gamecube was the last goo Nintendo console.
>>
>>33475777
he failed to realise that most people are idiots
>>
>>33476986
Only time will tell if it's a failure.
>>
File: Buddha man.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Buddha man.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>33476986
Well, your opinion is worthless. You may not like it, but it's very far from being a failure.
>The Switch is selling in Japan 3 times faster than PS4 in the same period
>>
>>33476241
>who carries a 3DS in their pocket?
Non XL users
>>
File: oh-right-the-bait.png (45KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
oh-right-the-bait.png
45KB, 500x360px
>>33476986
>>
>>33476986
When each one of those sold less than previous one and Nintendo likes to make profit on hardware.
>>
>>33476198
I'm taking my Switch anywhere and the batterylife is not an issue. 5 hours average is pretty solid. I have a Powerbank too so it's even less of a problem
>>
>>33476507
>i'm in [canadian shithole] and the hicks here only play braindead gacha
wew lad
>>
>>33476176
this
>>
>>33476204
>3DS XL less portable
Let's not get carried away,
>>
>>33476266
they'd just make it f2p full of microtransactions
>>
>>33475821
If they could throw Nintendo under the bus and go full-mobile, Pokemon would surpass literally everything else on the market for the rest of time.
>>
>>33475874
Pretty sure 200 million is 200 million idiot
>>
>>33475821
I don't know, I feel like counsels is more long term. I haven't seen the current numbers for Pokemon GO though, but I feel with smart phones its a quick success at the very begging followed by a huge drop off or its a failure, there isn't much middle group.

That said, he is a smart man about the Switch, I don't think anyone expected it to be as successful as it was, its nice to see him owning up to his failed prediction, but he is also right in that the system hasn't set in yet and needs something to keep people on it
>>
>>33481408
It's true if you're going to play only touch screen games. >>33476247
>>
>33480334
(You)
>>
>>33475777

Keep in mind this is the same company that decided to make a 2D Platformer about an elephant on everything except a Nintendo console, which it would've sold on
>>
It's successful now and it's going to continue being more successful as more major games pop up, like Odyssey and Pokemon

The fact that Nintendo only has 1 machine to focus on pushes this notion even more, since they have always been successful on tne portable market

Don't forget, Sun and Moon was the fastest selling Pokemon game and broke records, and that's the 3DS on it's final years
>>
>>33475777
His way of thinking is very old Japanese man, sometimes I can't deal with that in meetings. They're so set on their ways
>>
>>33476266
>But it's extremely easy to pirate of you own an android,
Anon, piracy on phones dont worth the try, also there's alot to come conssider:

1. Phones can give the luxury of shitty online validations that means no piracy at all

2. even there the phones go everytime checking the versions of the apps and changing them to not pirated versions happened me with the GBA emulator never again an app on my phone

3. phones are basically tracking devices that we are willingly wearing.

I almost want to Pokemon go full mobile so i finally get free of this franchise because as soon a mainline go on phones I'm done with this.
>>
just imagine how much money red and blue with trading and pvp would make on phones. too muchh money
>>
>>33475821
to be fair if they started making gen iii style games for android/ios for free (with the usual jewish microtransactions) play the shit out of it especially if i could port my pokemon from pokemon go
>>
>>33475777
Nintendo Switch will be a success.
>>
>>33481891

Your implying it's not already

Mario Odyssey will further solidify it
>>
>>33475777
>being this naive
It explains why game freak are a bunch of retards, Switch sucess was obvious to anyone but dumb people who about market trends
>>
>>33475907
Do you think people value more a free to play game than a 60 game? Oh boy, just see Pokemon Go current playerss, most of them are the already core audience the franchise had
>>
pokemon switch will be highest selling games on switch no doubt.
>>
>>33475907
This bitch is right. The phone gamer market, and I use that term very lightly, are people that want to play games for free. And that's it. They might be willing to spend on microtransactions, but I would wager money that's less than 25 percent that would.

And a Pokemon game that is based on miicrotransactions sounds like fucking garbage. I can only imagine buying pokeballs in game for 1.99 for 20 of them or some shit.
>>
File: 18623084.png (129KB, 600x635px) Image search: [Google]
18623084.png
129KB, 600x635px
>>33481460
>200 million x 10 is 200 million
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.