[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What types would work for a Pokemon game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Open World Vs Linear.png (894KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Open World Vs Linear.png
894KB, 1000x1500px
What types would work for a Pokemon game?
>>
>>33475194
None
>>
>>33475211
Well it's Type 2 right now so...
>>
3rd. Basically how it is now
>>
I think anything above 3 I wouldn't personally want because of my preferences, but I do think a good Pokemon game could be done as a Type 4. I'd prefer not to see the franchise do a Type 5 unless it was a crazy spinoff thing.
>>
>>33475221
5 would be fucking weird
>>
>>33475242
5 would practically be GO, right?
>>
>>33475194
The main games have always been in tier 3, earlier games lied closer to tier 4 and never lies closer to 2.
>>
>>33475417
Every single one is 2.
>>
>>33475417
They've never been past 2, much less 3 or 4.
>>
>>33475194
>Super Metroid
>generally resolved by one method

This guy never watched a single speedrun of it. Mockball alone breaks continuity heavily.
>>
>>33475485
Not how the game is designed though.Ocarina of Time obviously isn't designed to go from the Deku Spider to Ganondorf but you can do it.
>>
>>33475442
>>33475461
Eh, the games have a lot of side quest that I would hardly call dead ends, but encouraged side options.
As for the "Limitations to exploration are put there to encourage further exploration", that's literally how a lot of HMs were used.

As for tier 2, the parts about the game being choice driven, or all gameplay elements being required to beat the game aren't true for Pokémon games.
>>
>>33475214
not really
>>
>>33475194
2 if the battles are intense. I'm talking Colosseum tier all/most teams have strats tier battles.
also
>undermeme
Other than that, GameFreak seems to have a hard on about the entire experience over battling, so probably 4.
>>
>>
>>33475485
>>33475504
>heh, this faggot doesn't know about the super secret mockball glitch
>heh, I bet he doesn't even watch GDQ
>do you even any% bruh?
>present day, present time
>not streaming your metroid speedrun
>do you even TAS bruh?
>>
>>33475214
>>33475442
>>33475461

Being able to use whatever Pokemon you want makes it not 2
>>
>>33475242
We should ask someone playing pixelmon if it's better than the main games
>>
>>33475600
>the parts about the game being choice driven
It's worded poorly. It's basically just saying that a game can have multiple endings and still be linear enough to fall into group 2.
>all gameplay elements being required to beat the game
Again, this line is very, VERY poorly worded. It's not saying that you're unable to beat the game unless you learn the basic gameplay elements. It's saying "the game teaches you so blatantly that it's impossible to go through the game without knowing". It's talking about tutorials.

Most Japanese RPGs fall somewhere between 2 and 3, but Pokemon leans much more heavily toward 2.
>>
>>33475259
If there were a type 6, it would probably be Pokemon GO. It's about as close as you can take a non-linear game to the logical extreme before it stops being a game.
>>
>>33475667
That's the only thing that makes it 2 instead of 1
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.