[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HHSS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170905-193743.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170905-193743.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Why do HeartGold and SoulSilver go for so much money online.
>>
Generally the pokewalker dongle.
>>
There weren't that many copies of them. And before X and Y they had the most exclusives.
>>
>>33474845
Really? I didn't know that. All of my friends and my sister had copies of of HHSS. The ones in the photo are my originals.
>>
Pokemon games can normally be found new at big box retailers for 5-ish years after release (you can still find XY at most ToysRus, for example). HGSS dried up after about a year, because Nintendo didn't want to make more Pokewalkers. They were easy as hell to get for the first year, but it means there are significantly fewer copies floating around the second-hand market.
>>
>>33474836
Popular + Out of Print
>>
They we're going for 30 to 50 based on complete status a couple years ago.

Pokemon go happened, and the price skyrocketed. I think it's because people wanted to play a nostalgic game, but on hardware they actually had (that being ds and 3ds). So hgss was chosen over the originals, and frlg. XY and Oras probably also got a good bump from go.
>>
Just go to Japan and you can get them for like 1500 yen a piece.
>>
I lost my pokewalker for heart gold but I got soul silver as a gift and i grill have that pokewalker.
>>
I still have the launch fancy box with the Pokewalker, in near mind condition, except for the cart which has a little hole in it when my cat used Crunch on it, so to speak. I was lucky I was near her so I quickly got it off her mouth.
>>
>>33474836
Low print because of Pokewalker + widely acclaimed by the fanbase
>>
1. Pokewalker
2. They are the best Pokémon games
>>
>>33474836
>buy SS for $40 dollarydoos in 2010
>sell it for $130 a few months ago
feels gud man
>>
They're genuinely fun games that aged well. Their features, including the Pokewalker, the Pokeathon, the Battle Frontier, the customizable Safari Zone, all of the post-game legendaries as well as the very refined game mechanics throughout all of this make for some of the best games in the series (ex. playing gen 2 with physical/special split, just filling out the dex, having 16 gyms instead of 8). I don't even necessarily like the Johto or Kanto as regions, and Gold and Silver do have leveling problems, but all of the good features and more that I didn't even go over have essentially caused these two games to stand out in the entire series as the most replayable in my eyes- there was a thread about two weeks ago here and most people agreed that the 3ds era of games were not worth replaying if not worth playing at all, and I think that has to do with the fact that as GameFreak appeals to a broader market of casual Pokemon players that just beat the game and expect nothing else, they create games that don't last long or have no replayability. Really a shame, but they sell nonetheless- an upsetting reminder to where the gaming industry is right about now.
I still have my copy of SoulSilver and I still use my Pokewalker to this day. I must have been 12 or 13 when I first had my Pokewalker. It felt like my Pokemon was really there walking behind me, for the first week at least. The Pokewalker was an ingenious idea which should have been expanded upon in X and Y with Play Coins. I traded over all of the event Pokemon over from Platinum to SoulSilver and I also use event mons to activate certain events. Remember those? And when I get Pokemon Battle Revolution I hope to get even more out of HG/SS, as I will be completing that with my copy.
>>
>>33475508
>And when I get Pokemon Battle Revolution I hope to get even more out of HG/SS

It's worth it for the amazing models and animations (far better than the 3DS), but the main draw of PBR was twofold: having a proper battle facility endgame, and offering the first time in the history of the franchise you could battle random people online.
Battle Frontier in both Platinum and HGSS made the former not as appealing or relevant, while the wi-fi was shut down a while ago so you can't play online anymore.
>>
Why the fuck did they never patch My Pokemon Ranch for HGSS, and why lock withdraws to the same cart?
>>
File: spicy.gif (424KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
spicy.gif
424KB, 267x200px
>>33475520
I'm really not looking for the online aspect of things, I didn't even have Internet when PBR first came out. Just playing through it again with a whole team would be pretty fun in my opinion.
>>33475531
My Pokemon Ranch was pretty pointless in terms of actual gameplay but pretty fun nonetheless. This was the best version of Pokemon storage. Also, the trades were pretty cool, especially the Mew one.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.