[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Gen 3 the most difficult gen to find bad things to say about?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1481977018260.jpg (4KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
1481977018260.jpg
4KB, 303x166px
Why is Gen 3 the most difficult gen to find bad things to say about?
>>
>>33474390
Pokemon distribution is still bad in the gen 3 games.
>>
>>33474390
You're a Hoennbaby.
>>
File: 1483155414771.jpg (13KB, 230x208px) Image search: [Google]
1483155414771.jpg
13KB, 230x208px
>>33474390
Stop trying to stir up a genwar
>>
>>33474390
>it's an OP tries to stir up genwars episode
>>
Definitely nostalgia factor. The most fun I ever had in a Pokemon game was Leafgreen, my first. No amount of writing can ever hope to match the sense of discovery and entirely fresh experience of your first foray into the series.
>>
>>33474390

The map is a fucking ordeal to explore. Who's fucking idea was it to add these unassuming ledges that if you are just exploring will strand you back in rusturf when you wanted to stay in the ash town, or that ledge that strands you south of mt pyre with a bunch of trainers, or even that ledge that will lock you out of lavaridge town just for exploring and force you back up that cable car? Whose idea was it to force all of that backtracking, but not allow the flying hm until the 7th gym? You think the flying gym leader would give you fly, especially when you get the strength hm super early and don't even use it until super late in the game.

>two bicycles.
>three water hms

Also "too much water" is a legitimate fucking criticism, fuck off with your memes
>>
>>33474592
To be fair, "too much water" was a meme-criticism of the remakes. Going through water is still shit in the remakes, but it's at least much faster.
>>
>>33474629
>Winona's badge does get you Fly

I swear to fuck that wasn't the case, but oh well. I wish they gave you fly instead of strength as unless I'm misremembering again I think there's only one instance where you can even use strength outside of battle, if even that. If they gave you fly instead you could fly back to petalburg.
>>
>>33474663
You make no sense, if you admit that it is still shit then it is valid criticism.
>>
File: Corphuck.jpg (31KB, 475x358px) Image search: [Google]
Corphuck.jpg
31KB, 475x358px
>>33474390
agree
>>
>>33474592
Winona does give you Fly, retard. And you get the HM right before her gym too.
>especially when you get the strength hm super early and don't even use it until super late in the game
You can use it right after you get in Fiery Path, retard.
>Also "too much water" is a legitimate fucking criticism
No, "sea route distribution is shit" is a legitimate criticism. Most of the sea routes in the game are optional. If you hate sea routes and complain about exploring them on your own then it's all on you, buddy.
>>
>>33474390
It isn't. Back when HOENN CONFIRMED was still a thing, criticism of the Gen 3 games were everywhere, about as much as there is of XY and SM right now. The biggest complaints, as much as I can remember, were of long and tedious water routes with poor distribution (a complaint I still see pop up from time to time) and trumpets being a terrible choice for the GBA soundfont (a complete 180 nowadays, I see a ton of praise for the OST,) it's why the water trumpets meme came about.

There were also some more minor criticisms like the lack of physical/special split despite being totally doable on the GBA, the inability to transfer up pokemon from gen 2, the lack of nighttime, pokemon designs weren't as good, RSE started the formula of basing plots around box legends and some other complaints I can't remember right now.

It wasn't until ORAS that RSE (and FRLG to a lesser extent) became the sacred cow praised to high heaven that it is now.
>>
>>33474390
what do you mean by gen 3?
the games or the meta?
>>
>>33474683

First, calm down. I'm not a retard because I don't perfectly remember every detail perfectly of a game I played 10 years ago and hated.

There's plenty of water in the game. It's fuckign obnoxious when they add one fucking 2 tile river in the middle of a land route forcing me to backtrack just to cross a puddle. And "they're optional" isn't an excuse. I like optional content, so if I hate water routes and most of optional content is water routes, it's still a legit criticism becauses I enjoy most of the optional routes from every other game

Using strength ONE TIME that is OPTIONAL, which is your favorite excuse, barely justifies giving it to you so early.
>>
>>33474685
>(a complete 180 nowadays, I see a ton of praise for the OST,)

Are you sure they aren't just praising ORAS' soundtrack with the improved soundfont? Because holy shit Gen 3 Hoenn's music gives me a migrane
>>
More like one of the easiest:

No night, No way to transfer from gen1 and 2,No post game on RS,Shit rivals that can't even fully evolve a starter,natures to make your mon with decent IVs even more worthless if it has the wrong nature and it's very probably it has a shit one since almost all mons have 1 or 2 Good natures,no post game region even trough the last gen had it,2 bikes making exploration limited,water routes full of the same Pokemons instead of routes full of variety,Shitton of mons required events or spin offs games to get like Ho-oh and Lugia (You didn't need stadium to get mewtwo)
>>
>>33474732
>No post game on RS

If you don't like losing hours and hours of battle streaks to shitty RNG, emerald doesn't have post game either. I'm glad that other people like battle frontier, but I can't believe that it's the only significant post game they added, so if you don't like the frontier you might as well play RS
>>
>>33474702
>It's fuckign obnoxious when they add one fucking 2 tile river in the middle of a land route
When does this ever happen? Why are you complaining about something you don't really remember, all it does it muddle up your criticisms.
>I like optional content, so if I hate water routes and most of optional content is water routes, it's still a legit criticism becauses I enjoy most of the optional routes from every other game
Honestly, I was going to post a legitimate reply to this but people who hate sea routes in RSE tend to be unable to change their mind. I'm not even going to bother.
>Using strength ONE TIME that is OPTIONAL, which is your favorite excuse, barely justifies giving it to you so early.
Who cares when you get it? The fact is that you have an opportunity to use it directly after you obtain the gym badge for it. If you want to complain about shitty justifications then complain about when every other time it happens in gen 1, 2, and 4. This is such a stupid complaint, like goddamn.
>>
>>33474714
Nope, specifically gen 3 gets praised a lot, with some comments on how ORAS made a few tracks better or worse.
>>
>>33474757
Have any other gens had the same thing happen to them?
>populace generally thought they were mediocre/bad upon release
>years later, people see it's a diamond in the rough
Does that sum up gen 3?
>>
Simple, it's just as hard to find bad things about Gen 3 as it is hard to find good things about it.

It's the most painfully average gen by far.
>>
>>33474390
Back then we complained that there was no Johto, and no dual regions. And then we got those in exchange for 30FPS and stealth rock so that made us put things into perspective.

Kidding aside, 3rd Gen was pretty solid. Sure there was no physical special split, but we enjoyed them anyway because it never fucked up the gameplay. Some pokemon benefited from it and some didn't pre and post split. That and we had the BF, so it was literally endless play.

>>33474663
Shame that we say that now. The bullying has already been done.
>>
>>33474753
Emerald did more than just add a frontier. The plot makes more sense, but that's not saying much. It's harder, and teams were better ironed out.
>>
>>33474390
rose tinted glasses
>>
>>33474753
>Complaining about RNG
>Pokemon

Why are you here?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.