[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: What was GF thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

>make a status move that has a unique effect when used by ghost type
>give it a name fitting for a ghost type move
>lol let's give it a special snowflake type that won't be used for anything else and will be retconned out of existence in a few gens anyway
Why?
>>
>>33471271
Because.
>>
>>33471271
>>lol let's give it a special snowflake type that won't be used for anything else and will be retconned out of existence in a few gens anyway
>Why?

Because "damn it'd be coold if this move was normal when used by any pokèmon aside ghosts, and ghost when used by them, oh wait we can't code for shit, let's just give it ??? type to give the impression it actually changes or some shit like that"
>>
>>33471271
is there any viable curse (for ghosts) set for any tier?
>>
>>33471271
Gamefreak is not a savaant on its own game mechanics, and they also aren't the most efficient coders, or weren't for a long time, at least. They're slow as a fucking snail actually, and they have trouble identifying problems or outdated stuff that's wrong within their own ever-expanding amount of items/abilities/moves, reason why they take so long to fix shit that should be obvious.

Even if things like electric types being immune to paralysis and curse being a ghost type move are things that come off as obvious for anybody on hindsight, truth is that the way these mechanics were originally different from the way they "should be" is always a matter of context (I bet at the time no-one actually cared/had enough foresight about what type curse should be), resources (coding a move that has different effects depending on type was probably hard enough for them as it is, and I would bet things like flying press or sucker punch would have been impossible for gen 1-2 gamefreak, or at the very least glitchy as fuck) and concept (maybe the intern that came up with curse thought being a ??? type move would be unique and cool with the kids).

The pace they take for this kind of stuff is abyssmal. To put you in perspective, it is likely that at least 1 /vp/oreon will die of age before they fix the hidden power formula to include fairy, or make silvally's RKS system include z-crystals.

TL;DR - Gamefreak are slow and don't know what they're doing most of the time except when they are, which is not too often.
>>
>>33471511
pretty sure curse mimikyu was used in vgc for a time. Stopped paying attention to that shitshow a while ago though
>>
>>33471271
It's a pun in Japanese.
noroi (curse) vs noroi (slow)
>>
File: IMG_3128.png (94KB, 1302x1301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3128.png
94KB, 1302x1301px
>>33471643
>>
>>33472714
Fuck, I can't help but love these things, thanks anon!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.