[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT our fondest childhood memories of playing Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 16

File: 1492541199763.png (2MB, 900x1274px) Image search: [Google]
1492541199763.png
2MB, 900x1274px
I'll start

>summer 2004
>friday afternoon
>chillin' in my bedroom, windows open, fan blastin'
>hair wet from swimming in the pool
>playin' Ruby on my brand new GBA SP
>watchin' Power Rangers Ninja Storm on Jetix
>enjoying a frozen juice-pop
>>
kinda weird thing, but does anybody else happen to "smell" the wind and suddenly gets reminded of the times where you used to play with the Gameboy and now you're on the immediate urge to go find it and replay it?
Happens every beginning/end of summer and before the christmas time, probably because that's the time where the games usually came out
>>
>>33470565
*when
>>
>get home from school
>play pokemon
>don't go outside because pokemon
I get so nostalgic
>>
>starting New Game after New Game in Sapphire, because I didn't know the fifth badge is back in Petalburg City
>still fun
>>
>>33470588
you never heard of a strategy guide?
or the internet?
the internet was pretty easily accessible to us by Gen 3
>>
>playing ruby together with my cousin, who played sapphire
>one of us would be restarting the game until finding a male and female of each starter while the other one would play through mauville to breed them
>then we would restart the game and receive 2 eggs and play through the game with the three starters on our teams
>we played until 3 a.m. just to do this
>drinking coke to stay awake late
>littleroot song gives me chills to this day
it was mid 2004
>>
>>33470638
>playing all the way to mauville like six times just to get all three starters twice
dedication
>>
File: 1356856699838.jpg (41KB, 641x481px) Image search: [Google]
1356856699838.jpg
41KB, 641x481px
>shitty ass weather outside
>have to go see people from my family that i never met before
>playing Pokemon Silver while in the car
>also get to the legendary trio
>mfw
>have plenty of fun with my cousins later

I had pokemon yellow, but it wasn't as notable, especially since my brother wouldn't stop spoiling almost everything to me even through i had fun doing things on my own
>>
>>33470565
My nigga
>>
>>33470644
actually one of us would go to mauville and wait for the other to send the starters through trade, but still
>>
My first ruby play through was the best time I ever had with a video game. I was totally blown away by literally everything about it. And the play trough included a nice story about my recent favourite pokemon...

When I saw a list of all gen 3 pokemon for the fist time in a magazine I got really interested in the regis especially regice. But back then as a child I didnt understand that each region had their own legendary regional-trio back then. Thus I thought that they are an evolutionary line that chances type upon evolving... I was ok with using registeel but on the same time sad that I would never be able to use my favourite regice effective... Then the day came when I unlocked their chambers (without I guide. I found it rather obvious that a route that makes travelling a chore with its water currents has to hide something...). Of course the first regi I encountered was regice... My happiness when finding out that it is actually a legendary was beyond awesome. And training it on the water routes was one of the most fun things to do in any pokemon game ever. Zapping water mons with electric moves coming from a legend that just never dies from their special water moves is great fun.
>>
File: 1438025269377.jpg (561KB, 500x3094px) Image search: [Google]
1438025269377.jpg
561KB, 500x3094px
>get stuck playing gold
>(in the first cave, I couldn't find the exit)
>a neighbour volunteers to come round and help me
>he does

>15 years later we're still best friends
>we're 25
>I'm studying my postgrad
>he's a department manager at a big store

>we still play every new pokemon release
>>
>talking about all things Pokemon with my neighbours
>trading TCG cards with my friends
>that fucking thrill when I got the emulator working and I could play Crystal
>camping in a friend's back yard and playing Pearl until 2 AM
I remember I caught a Skitty.

Smells are the most powerful tools for making you remember things from the past. Remember the smell of TCG cards, anon? Remember how the box of Pokémon Emerald smelled when you first opened it? Remember the smell of summer evenings, the smell of the morning, the smell of mom's laundry?

Don't you want to go back?
>>
>>33470565
Summer time does that for me, or the smell of a pool. Used to go swimming with my cousins and then I'd play pokemon all afternoon
>>
>1999
>playing red at my best friends house, he's playing blue
>getting his shit pushed in by sabrina
>trade him my haunter and charizard so he can beat her
>haunter evolves to gengar and we both lose our fucking mind
>>
>>33471350
I oddly don't remember much when it comes to smells but I do, occasionally, associate stupid life events with what Pokemon I happened to catch at the time.
>>
>>33470565
Sea's smell, yeah.
My gf always smells of sunscreen too, so when I play with her, well, it's just bliss, plain and simple
>>
File: 300px-Pokémon_Clubhouse.png (131KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Pokémon_Clubhouse.png
131KB, 300x224px
>>33471753
Sunscreen is a god-tier smell.

I don't really have too many game-focused memories, but I would play "Pokemon Journeys" with my brother and sister for hours. They were themselves traveling through the Pokemon world, and I was every NPC, trainer, and Pokemon. It was basically a LARP session where I was the GM. Good times

>Brother and his shouldermon Pichu being best buds, so much so that he and I cried when we realized that we might "lose" Pichu as we grew up and played pretend less
>My sister's shouldermon Aipom helping her win contests and evolving into Ambipom as their first Gen IV encounter
>Being a one-man Battle Frontier with a Brain of every type for my brother to challenge
>That battle where my brother's Kingler fought so hard that he got scared I was gonna kill it in-game

Damn...good times. Part of why I wanna GM again
>>
>>33470509
>2003
>sunday mornings
>watching new episodes of Pokemon Advanced while playing Sapphire
who /britbong/ here?
>>
>>33470565
It's actually called Olfactory Memory, which happens when you memorize a certain smell to a time where you felt at peace that stimulated the brain into feeling "relaxed, peaceful". Certain smells can trigger it hence why we get it occasionally at times when we smell it again later in life. Smell is also the closest to being linked to memory recognition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olfactory_memory
>>
I get reminded constantly by smells. I think I was so obsessed as a 7 year old that it occupied every minute of my life, so everyday smells became associated and now trigger nostalgia
>>
>>33471882
I did this too with my little brother and sister!
Only differenze being that we pretended to be Pokémon, á la mystery dungeon
But it was 99-00, fuck yeah
>>
Chill phoneposter bump
>>
File: 1492320131271.gif (892KB, 550x400px)
1492320131271.gif
892KB, 550x400px
>every time there's a bad storm. This pops in my head https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX4GBsVQ6e0
i'm such an fucking autist
>>
File: tenor.gif (2MB, 496x280px)
tenor.gif
2MB, 496x280px
>Grandparents own a family run hotel business, there home is at the back part of the hotel, as a kid I would just sit around doing nothing, wander around and go into the reception where the people came to check in and out
>Randomly go to the desk as my grandmother is talking to client, and because I'm small my sight is at looking under the desk, which I assume at the time we just put things that guests left behind in rooms and stayed there for ages as nobody came to collect them
>Yellow block machine, with this yellow rat with red cheeks on this odd machine [it was a fucking Gameboy colour Pikachu edition left by some kid and my grandmother/father must of taken it from the room and just left it to collect, which I'm sure would of never been collected anyway]
>reminder that at this time, Pokémon, Pikachu, it wasn't even in my fucking consciousness, I didn't know what the fuck the machine was
>being a cheeky little brat, and without anybody looking, steal this Gameboy, run away and hide with it, heart pounding
>WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS--there's a switch on the side...?
>I'm hiding under the table in the backroom thinking I'm fucking james bond, the entire rush of the whole thing as a kid
>do I DARE hit the switch?
>....tcchk.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C19O5xm51dk
>my, genuine, fucking face

Not sure what the fuck I'm even looking at, the sounds, the game, everything. I remember the rush of "Holy fuck, I've found... I've found some kind of alien object?" my childlike mind running fucking crazy, and then, the sheets of the table cloth I'm hiding under unveil me as the thief me stares up shitting it

"Where did you get that?"
"...."

"Alright, the boy who left it won't be back with his parents any time soon, you can keep it, but make sure you don't break it."

entire pokemon life was stumbling into some kids forgotten Pikachu Gameboy under a fucking desk, I still think about that kid to this day. Godspeed, kid. I'll never forget you.
>>
>>33476610
We played Mystery Dungeon style too. Damn good times. Who would your siblings pretend to be?
>>
>>33477075
Little sista a jiggly
Lil bro a pidgey
Me a weedle

You?
>>
>>33477088
Brother was a Charmander, Totadile, or Tailow. Sister was a Smeargle. I was a Turtwig/everyone else.

>Had dinner with my sister last night
>Brother kind of curved us
I miss when we were tighter
>>
>>33477108
I miss that very much too.
Nowadays we bitch/ignore each other constantly.

Btw turtwig is a god-tier choice, anon
>>
>>33478307
Yep. Me and my brother's relationship is more rocky and aloof. At least me and my sister are getting along great, but at the same time that makes my brother feel like we're boxing him out. It ain't boxing out if you're doing nothing to keep in touch!

And thanks, Turtwig is my all-time favorite starter. The line woke me up to the majesty of ground types

Damn, if I dug real hard I could probably find the lists I made of their teams. My sister's were mostly art related and she later branched out to contests. Bro usually stuck to big and tough, but over time I weaseled in more variety.

>His Walrein freezing the whole battlefield in order to become a lightning bruiser
>”Glacier Gulch" becomes ky brother's go-to strategy
>>
File: DoublesZeta.jpg (181KB, 499x498px)
DoublesZeta.jpg
181KB, 499x498px
Fondest memory is deciding to fuck the system and main the entire game of Pokemon Gold with a single Typhlosion.

Probably made the game way harder than it needed to be, but I couldn't be arsed to swap in and out-- only for a clutch KO revival where needed.
>>
>playing Emerald
>my first Shedinja while fucking around on a trampoline
>evolving my Carvanha while at a parents' friend's party and fucking around with a Sharpedo
>catching Rayquaza thanks to a cool dude back when I was a SRC member or some shit in like year 2
>finding the expanded Fossil Maniac cave
>spending all my time in the Battle Factory because I was shit at battling but still wanted ThunderPunch on my Blaziken

god sometimes I wish I was 5-6 playing Emerald again

the game's aged fantastically, but there's nothing like owning your first Pokémon game

(yes I'm only 18, no bully pls)
>>
>>33471054
that cave, it happened to me too
gold thread
>>
>>33470509
>be me, probably eight years old
>have a very adorable friend I made on the playground at school
>get invited over to her house to play some Pokemon (gen 3) and generally hang out afterschool
>"I really want a Blastoise, can you help me, anon?"
>no problem for me, I just wanted a Gligar
>she had one
>trade and hang out a bit more until my mom comes to pick me up
>she has a problem getting to Articuno in LeafGrean
>did it for her in 3 minutes, easily
>"THANK YOU SO MUCH ANON!"
>never hang out with her again

I think she had problems in high school with anorexia. I should have really said something, anything. Last time I saw her, it was some service for an old classmate of ours that committed suicide. She was smoking with her mother outside. Oh well, I guess that's how it goes.
>>
>>33478390
I did this with Blastoise in Blue.

I added Mewtwo for Pokémon League clearing because he was already high level when I got him but otherwise just Blastoise and a whole team of revive fodder and HM slaves
>>
>>33478356
My fav starter as well.
>>
>be middle school
>parents asleep
>steal snacks from kitchen
>put radio on
>window open
>play Crystal all night long
>vivid image in my head to this day
>going up Tojo falls while Heaven by DJ Sammy played on the radio
>blissful feeling

I still persue that feeling to this day. I get a hint of it when I hear that song, but not like that first time.
>>
File: feelspikaman.jpg (19KB, 324x324px)
feelspikaman.jpg
19KB, 324x324px
>>33470509
>be 11
>summer break
>windows open during a sunny morning
>68F degrees outside, feels really good
>wind blows through window screens, smells really fresh
>no outside sounds but the birds chirping and our windchime dinging
>playing Sapphire, hunting for shinies
>probably the most happy and content moment of my life
>>
File: johto.jpg (32KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
johto.jpg
32KB, 460x276px
>>33470509
>Be Me
>A shit 10th grader who looks like the monster in Frankenstein
>Pokemon HG/SS came out few weeks ago
>itsspringbreak.jpeg
>Got internet the beginning of the year, so decided to find out who else is playing
>Met a bunch of anons on not4chan and a notreddit chat group
>Had fun battling and talking about life
>It's like I had friends that didn't care that I looked like shit (because they couldn't see me)
>Probably not real friends but who cares about reality when illusions feel better
>Got into anime at that time and was watching Haruhi
>inb4 its shit
>I know, but yall liked it at the time
>Weather was absolutely perfect for playing outdoors
>dat spring breeze
>Last day of spring break, the evening sky looked like pic relater

Mha hartgold, mah solesilver

Call me a NEET shit, but Spring 2010 was honestly the best time of my life
>>
>>33481276
>being ugly on 4chan in 2017
get with the times
>>
>Playing Pokémon Gold version back in either 2001 or 2002.
>remember thinking the red flowers blowing in the wind were red paper money for some reason (that ticked me off that I couldn't collect it)
>remember getting my as handed to me over and over again by Whitney and her stupid fucking Miltanks

Good times
>>
File: IMG_4962.jpg (58KB, 373x332px)
IMG_4962.jpg
58KB, 373x332px
>>33470509
>Be me
>Really young, 1st/2nd grade or even younger
>Pokemon FireRed was the first game I ever successfully beat
>Felt like a fucking god
>Charizard was the first Mon I ever got to level 100
Life was simpler then
>>
>>33481388
I mean, there's a reason I'm here.
>>
File: 0dcfRfn.jpg (30KB, 467x489px) Image search: [Google]
0dcfRfn.jpg
30KB, 467x489px
>>33470509
>be me
>see May in Pokemon one day
>say I love her
>she hear me
>she came out of the TV
>she said she loves me too

It's been years. It's hard being together, but I don't mind. She my everything and that all that matter.
>>
File: alola pokachi.png (166KB, 248x317px)
alola pokachi.png
166KB, 248x317px
>be me 9th grade
>no one plays pokemon in my town
>trade with my 2nd ds on pokemon black and white
>people made fun of me didnt give a fuck
>i was the one getting all the trade evolution mons and they werent
>all at the same time sipping on my milk carton from the cafeteria
>>
>Playing Pokemon Stadium on N64
>Playing way too long. Like, hours.
>Send out my Arcanine, it has green fur all of a sudden
>Not glitchy textureless green, but a legit palette swap
>Send out other pokemon to see if any others look weird
>Only find a red Tangela. Vines are the same red as its feet.
>Turn the game off, never see those two weird glitches again

I never figured out what happened then, but I miss it.
>>
>>33470509
>playing emerald
>mom sees something in a magazine or paper about the mew event at toys r us
>get super excited
>at the time i'm stuck at the 7th gym, could never find sky pillar
>go to event
>can't get the mew because no national dex
>older kid, maybe about 11 or 12, sees me upset
>offers to give me a golem, a pokemon i'd never seen before
>use golem through the rest of the game
I still have that copy of Emerald and that Golem, I hope that guy is doing all right now.
>>
is that official sugi art?
>>
File: 1371770506692.jpg (137KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1371770506692.jpg
137KB, 887x1097px
When my cousin forced me to reset my sisters red or he would beat me up
good times.
She's still mad at me about that.
>>
>>33470630
>the internet was pretty easily accessible to us by Gen 3
Barely. Especially if you were a kid.
>>
>>33481388
but anon, i'm far too ugly even for a grill and i can't change that no thanks to genetics. i can't get in with the times.
>>
File: 1501902246085.png (637KB, 1000x660px) Image search: [Google]
1501902246085.png
637KB, 1000x660px
>Being 11 and playing silver version in the fall under a tree.
>playing under that tree all
>the weather was amazing, the temperature in the low 60s, nice breeze that blew through the pine trees and made a pleasant whistling
> being so content and comfy inder that tree that i would start to fall asleep and accidentally smack myself in the face with my game
>the immense joy of catching, i think it was entei, under that
>waking up an hour and a halfish latee under the tree with my game boy resting on my face. Notice the batteries are about to die so i save it and run home.

God fucking dammit things were simpler...
>>
>>33483258
Sorry for all the typos... Shameless phone anon here.
>>
>>33470588
>I didn't know the fifth badge is back in Petalburg City
I have to look it up online every time because I keep forgetting this. I don't know what I would do if I played this as a kid. That was a terrible design choice.
>>
>>33483320
>That was a terrible design choice.
He tells you to come back after you have five badges tho. Maybe not the best choice in the world but if GF can't rely on players actually reading stuff, what can they rely on?

Also, like, there are only so many places to go. If you go back to check what you missed you should see the gym in Petalburg and realize you haven't beaten it. Especially if you don't remember why you weren't allowed to do it in the first place.
>>
bomp
>>
>>33470509
>1998
>playing TCG with brother
>goofing off with fake dodging
>causing a ruckus
>mom roars at us both, calling us Pokemorons
>this is the year after dad died in a car crash

Oh, sorry, you said fondest, not most depressing.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.