[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking WHY?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 20170905_123153.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170905_123153.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Fucking WHY?
>>
Because of the update
>>
You updated the game, that happens all the time you update
>>
File: extreme anger.png (95KB, 270x299px) Image search: [Google]
extreme anger.png
95KB, 270x299px
>>33470316
This is shit, I miss all those rematches
>>
Smash does the same thing. I believe the reason is because it's not saving the actual video, just the inputs which it then plays back, but changes in the game could cause something completely different to happen upon playback. I'm not sure exactly how much pokemon changes between updates though.
And even then, other games with far more going on manage to keep replays of different versions of the game (some games even let you play using those different versions!) so basically it comes down to the devs not adding support for what should be basic functionality, possibly because the games are precariously built in the first place and it wouldn't be worth the effort to go back and add it in.
>>
>>33470315
>>33470316
what's the point in recording matches then
>>
>>33470499
They're wrong, it's not all the time, it's only when the update concerns battles.

There were a couple big bugs in moves fixed so BVs were wiped out twice.

Specifically because battles would happen differently with the debugged engine meaning you wouldn't necessarily be watching the same video anyway.

Depending upon what they changed it could even cause crashes or arbitrary code execution so of course they're going to prevent playback of older videos then.
>>
>>33470296
This literally happens with every other fucking video game with replays, you newfag.
>>
File: le epic gamer.jpg (48KB, 313x379px) Image search: [Google]
le epic gamer.jpg
48KB, 313x379px
>>33472587
Excuse for having a life and no wasting all my time in videogames
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.