[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can remakes even compete?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: sketch-1504616620328.png (812KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1504616620328.png
812KB, 1920x1080px
How can remakes even compete?
>>
File: 1397695609501.gif (848KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1397695609501.gif
848KB, 500x281px
>>33469439
>not creates solely for money
>>
>>33469439
by adding more features.
I don't know.
>>
>muh Frontier
Will you armaldofags ever shut up?
>>
>>33469439
>worse than the originals
lol no
ORAS>>>shit>>>RS
>>
You should have used the virgin/chad template, so we could have Gorilla-Armed Chad.

Also, you forgot to mention PokeStar Studios, which is amazing and cool, and requires more strategy than Contest Craptaculars.
>>
You forgot
>literally nothing mascot
vs
>/gad/ mascot
>>
>worse than the originals
Wtf is this meme? I can understand being disappointed that it didn't do more, or think emerald is better, but if you ACTUALLY think the originals are better then I'm sorry but you're just a retarded nostalgiafag.
>>
One day people will learn how this fucking meme works.
>>
>Pumped out in a year
You have no idea how video game developpement work apparently
>Not created solely for money
Implying they're still doing Pokemon game just for "passion"
>>
>>33469439
Add elements from the 3rd version like HGSS
>>
>>33469439
That's great

>>33469601
>>33469700
Literal retards
>>
>>33469700
Nah, emerald is better.

Better pacing, better content, somehow better fucking graphics despite being extremely ugly compared to FRLG and there are romhacks that add gen 4-6 pokemons + mega evolution. You can say that ORAS still has better online and shit, but who the fuck even plays that anymore now that SM is out.
>>
>>33469854
>talking about the originals
>brings up Emerald out of nowhere
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>33469870
>giving a shit about RS when emerald exists

I guess that the only way to make ORAS look decent is to bully exclusively those two shit games

Emerald > discussing shit games on imageboards > ORAS > RS
>>
>>33469854
>better content
Oh yeah, soaring, mirage islands, online, poke amie, delta episode, hunting legendaries were so cool in Emerald
The game had so much more than ORAS.
Seriously, lack of BF sucks, but ORAS had way more content that Emerald ever had
>>
File: 1492579599282.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1492579599282.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
>>33469772
>Implying they're still doing Pokemon game just for "passion"

>people know this yet continue to buy the games

Why?
>>
>>33469916
Because I still have fun playing them
There is still a lot of thought put into them. But it was clearly stated that GS were supposed to be the last game.
>>
>>33469903
I said better content, not useless content.

Only soaring was great. Mirage islands were massively lazy. Amie is worthless shit that had already lost its appeal with XY and delta episode is a sin.
>>
>>33469957
Okay, but minus BF, what did Emerald had that ORAS didn't have ?
>>
>>33469817
How eloquent, you dumb fuck. Maybe one day you'll be able to string more than two words together.
>>
>>33469982
A non shit Mauville city
Trainer hill
Desert tower + underpass
An actual safari zone

Of course, BF is the real deal, and it's impossible to ignore it since it technically adds 7 new fucking "gyms". None of ORAS content comes even close to that
>>
>>33470036
>Desert tower + underpass
Wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>33469982
Trainer hill
Gyms that were actually balanced
Gym leader rematches
Mirage Tower
Desert Underpass
>>
>>33470036
>An actual safari zone
This is what kills ORAS for me. I'd much rather pay ¥500 to have limited time/balls than go in for free and get whatever I wanted.
>>
>>33469903
>The game had so much more than ORAS.

Yeah, you're right. Emerald's BF alone is more content than all the shitty gimmicks ORAS put in.
>>
>>33470043
Now you know how I feel when people add Poke amie and mirage islands to ORAS's pros.
>>
Reminder that Battle Frontier is not a measure of how good the game is
kill yourself
>>
>>33470075
Reminder that you're a retard if you keep misusing spoiler tags.

kill yourself
>>
>>33470096
>implying using 4chan feature is retarded
Bet you downvote anything you didn't like u fag?
>>
>>33469854
Now this is quality autism
>>
>>33470113
>implying that misusing a feature isn't retarded

yeah yeah le ebin reddit scapegoat, stop trying so hard to fit in
>>
>>33470136
>''stop liking what I don't like wah wah''
Your patrician taste is shit either way
>>
That's a shit comparison, ORAS is a shit remake and BW2 is a shit sequel compared to GSC/HGSS.

You can't even battle Hilbert in BW2, what's the point of the fucking sequel then?

And Oras doesn't have the BF, what's the point of the fucking remake then?
And don't bring me the "that was in emerald" bullshit, GSC didn't had a BF yet they put one along pokeathlon and new shit.

So in short is this:

GSC is the "Chad sequel" where you actually fight the previous protagonist

HGSS is the "Chad remake" with features of the third version, the BF,and completely new features like pokeathlon and Johto safari zone
>>
>>33470188
>GSC didn't had a BF yet they put one
Because CTRL+Ving shit is easy.
>>
>>33469601
>RS
- Is the second Gen with the best music, only surpassed by Gen 5.
- Contests were hard as hell because of the Sheen (aka amount of Pokéblocks that a Pokémon can eat) and the very limited berries, but once you got 5 pictures in the museum you feel like you've completed something.
- Battle Tower was more simple than its future incarnations: after 7 battles (which you are forced until winning or losing) you receive a random Vitamin if your streak is 7-35, but after streak 35 you receive a random item. You can exploit this and farming Vitamins for free by losing on purpose. Also unlike ORAS ypu can put your Trophies on your Secret Base.
- Emerald added more things, but most important the Battle Frontier, with 7 different facilities for battle (including the Battle Tower).

>ORAS
- Remixes are worse than the original music. Only good remix is the Rival Battle.
- Contests have "mid difficulty" but the Pokéblocks are easier to make and Cosplay Pikachu was made specially for Super Contests, but people prefer using Megas because they give even more points. Also unlike RS, any Contest Hall can hold all difficulties meaning that there are 3 useless buildings. No Sheen was the best thing they made.
- No Battle Frontier because "only a very few amount of fans would appreciate", but instead of AT LEAST adding the Battle Tower like the originals, they copypasted the Battle Maison and said in-game that the Maison was created in Hoenn.
- Only good things about ORAS were: Blissey Bases, Revamp of Mauville City (which added more places for battle like the restaurant and Battle Institute), Diplomas in Super-Secret Bases, Visual Surfing Pokémon and that weren't from Gen 1, and DexNav.
>>
>>33470615
The old battle tower suck and a feature from emerald isn't a argument.
>>
>>33470615
>Only good remix is the Rival Battle.

You might me my long lost brother.
>>
>>33470615
Wow. You... you really are a dumb piece of shot, aren't you?
>>
>>33470615
the music is a very infrequently stated thing. Not the biggest fan if RSE's music, but it is still pretty good, and I more or less hated ORAS' music. Probably my least fav in the franchise
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.