[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinions thread. -X and Y are two of the best games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

Unpopular opinions thread.

-X and Y are two of the best games in the series.

-Charizard is over rated.

-Gen 1 was great when we were 9 but had severe flaws that did not age well. People need to take off their nostalgia goggles.
>>
File: IMG_0414.jpg (16KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0414.jpg
16KB, 236x177px
>>33469026
>X and Y are two of the best games in the series

Stop
>>
HGSS was complete garbage.
>>
Heracross and Breloom are overrated

The former is literally just a beetle and yet its fans always claim it's the perfect or quintessential pokemon for some reason

The latter is a clusterfuck of desin
>>
>>33469054
I agree with this unpopular opinion.
>>
Incineroar is a fun but flawed mon like most of Gen 7.
>>
>>33469026
The only unpopular opinion you posted is XY being the best, which is just shit taste

Other than that agreed
>>
File: 739.png (38KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
739.png
38KB, 625x626px
>>33469026
>>33469054
>>33469088
>>
>>33469054
Agreed.

I got like halfway through the kanto league and realized i wasnt enjoying it at all.

Not sure why, i played crystal until the battery died, but hgss felt really lackluster. No idea why desu
>>
File: 1504104372546.jpg (143KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1504104372546.jpg
143KB, 849x1200px
>>33469026
>-Charizard is over rated.
this inst a uncommon opinion its a fact
and i like charizard
>>
People who play pokemon competitively are completely wasting their time. You've got to put up with arbitrary RNG bullshit on almost every turn of play, and that's before you even think about how poorly balanced the game is. At this point even Smogon's bans are struggling to keep the bullshit in check, it's like a dam that's got a dozen leaks and is about to break at any moment.
>>
File: 1495328195487.jpg (84KB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495328195487.jpg
84KB, 850x480px
>>33469197
>stated as unpopular opinon
>B-BAIT!

You know you're gonna see this kind of thing in a thread like that, if you're triggered that much by these don't come here m8.
>>
>>33469026
Gen 4 is fucking awful. It's slow, the dex pool is absolute garbage, and I've never managed to finish the fucking game no matter how often I tried.
>>
>>33469188
Its just shit i get into arguments with other fans over the most.

I dont really keep up on the overall internet fandom my b
>>
>>33469248
Completely agree.

I was battling online with a smogon simulator. Every fucking person had the same god damn team i dont even

>>33469258

I really enjoy it. Maybe because i played it after SM tho...
>>
File: delphox.jpg (179KB, 900x947px) Image search: [Google]
delphox.jpg
179KB, 900x947px
>>33469026
>>33469277
btw, since you posted Delphox, an other unpopular opinion:

DELPHOX IS BETTER THAN BRAIXEN
>>
>>33469328
Op here.

Totally agree. Delphox is my new favorite fire type in general.
>>
>>33469243
>>33469026

Charizard is cool looking, breathes a shit ton of fire, flies, but gets killed if it even looks at a rock. unless its a mega its probably useless competitively, not that i play competitive, im just saying. i like it, but the amount of times its shilled and its iffy competitive use make it a tad bit overrated unfortunately
>>
>>33469026
I love Kalos and Delphox
>>
Gen 6 and 7 is the most rushed generations I've ever played
>>
>>33469197
In a thread like this, wouldn't a baitpost be someone posting a popular opinion?
>>
File: 1477417374355.png (131KB, 294x265px) Image search: [Google]
1477417374355.png
131KB, 294x265px
May's ORAS redesign is a lot better than the original/anime
>>
>>33469026
>X and Y are two of the best games in the series
that's not an unpopular opinion it's just wrong

the others are correct.
>>
>>33470741
not even the others are unpopular opinions among fans. They are only unpopular among people, who never played past gen 1, because they were "too old" for pokemon, or their mommys and daddys didn´t bought them the new Nintendo handheld. Nothing else.
>>
>>33470741
Could not have said it better.
>>
>>33469100
I've been saying this about the final stages of the starters since they were released.

Here's an unpopular opinion: gen 7 is my favorite batch of Pokémon. Gen 4 is my least favorite.
>>
File: pieces of trash.jpg (1MB, 1751x1594px) Image search: [Google]
pieces of trash.jpg
1MB, 1751x1594px
Eeeveelutions are trash
>>
I don't like Lillie, she's cringey and forced as fuck. Her whole story takes away from SM to the point where I can't replay the games because of her.

>>33469026
>charizard is overrated
This, I don't like its design at all. The beer belly, small arms, and akwardly long neck bother me.

>>33469054
I didn't think that HGSS were complete garbage, but I do think that they're highly overrated (especially on /vp/). People don't seem to care that it's a huge step down from Platinum in terms of npc trainer teams and movesets, plus the level scaling is still shit. I did like how it made more use of the bottom screen though.

>>33469100
I totally agree with this, incineroar is a fun pokemon with a neat movepool.

>>33470086
>>33470708
These are not unpopular opinions.
>>
>>33469077
Those are my two all-time favourites, actually.
>>
>>33469026
I agree with your first two opinions and mostly agree with your third as well. Gen 1 isn't as good as nostalgia makes people think it was but going by region rather than generation, it's only the third worst and still fun to play in.

>>33469054
>>33469088
>>33469241
t. Butthurt Hoennfags

>>33469077
I like both mons but I agree with your opinion that they're overrated as well. Sure they look good but there isn't anything special about their designs.

>>33469258
I couldn't agree more. Sinnoh is the worst region of all. Most boring region to play through, the story is garbage even for pokemon, the legendaries started getting the stupidest lore they could have used, they started introducing way to many legendaries, then there are the two points you made about the dex and how slow the games are. The only good thing to come out of gen 4 was HGSS
>>
>XY and SM were both great
>Mimikyu is overrated
>For starters it's 7>4>3>5>1>6>2
>Incineroar>Primarina>Decidueye
>>
>XY single player is shit but I love it for what Z could've been
>HGSS ruins the aesthetics, music, and atmosphere of Johto which were all its strongest points to begin with
>RNG is part of what makes PvP fun
>GSC, HGSS, and ORAS are more fun if you just stop playing at the credits because otherwise dead Kanto and Delta Episode leave a total sour taste as the last things you experience
>PWT is actual shitty nostalgia pandering because the time and resources put into it could've been put into an actually meaty Battle Frontier
>Sinnoh games are the least remarkable in the series which is why people have to overblow the slow meme to give it any sort of defining characteristic
>>
Gen 7 is the worst so far

>b-but that's a popular opinion

Don't Alolaids claim /vp/ is contrarian when it comes to this opinion? Yeah, rest my case.
>>
I like S&M and I'm looking forward to Ultra S&M. Yeah the fact that you couldn't go two steps without a cut scene was annoying, but I loved the ride pager system since I hated the old HM slave days. I also liked Popplio since day one and liked it more after seeing it's evolutionary line.
>>
>Charizard is over rated
>gen1 aged bad

Those aren't unpopular opinions because people won't shut up about those two.

now mine:
Trannyseal is worse than the owl and cat

Xy and SM are better than BW
>>
>>33471388
>Xy and SM are better than BW

I struggle to think this is an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>33469026
Your last two statements are not unpopular opinions, the Pokemon community in general is massively against anything related to Gen 1.
>>
>>33469197
>someone has a different opinion
"I-i-it h-has to be b-bait"
>>
>>33469026
> -Charizard is over rated.

-Gen 1 was great when we were 9 but had severe flaws that did not age well. People need to take off their nostalgia goggles.

"Nostalgia pandering", "Kanto is overrated!" "Gen 1 sucks" are the new Genwunners. You're not being a contrarian, you're the same as the rest of the Hoenn babies.
>>
>>33469026
I liked the gen 6 games
Delphox = Braixen
Samurott > dewott
HGSS are bad
I like gen 5, in fact it's my second favorite gen
I don't hate anyone on this board, not even furryposters
>>
Gen 2 wasn't that good
>>
Crabominable > Crabrawler
>>
With a few, very specific exceptions, I like the dub anime more than the Jap version. I also didn't have a problem with Serena taking 40 episodes to decide on a non-Ash goal in XY.

SM also had the best, most engrossing game plot since DPPt, and a wave of emotions hit me by the time the credits rolled. Can't wait for USUM; both have been pre-ordered.
>>
Typhlosion is the only good fire starter so far
>>
>>33469054
this
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.