[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which starter is the most popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

Which starter is the most popular?
>>
Charizard.
>>
File: charizard.jpg (148KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
charizard.jpg
148KB, 1200x849px
charizard
>>
>>33468094
Charizard I assume would rank #1 and Greninja would be Ranked #2
After that I can only think of Blaziken being up there as far as popularity goes
>>
Charizard

*GAP*

Greninja

*HUGE ASS GAP*

Venusaur, Blastoise and Blaziken

*EVEN BIGGER GAP*

Sceptile Typhlosion and Serperior

*SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE*

Feraligatr
Swampert
Primarina
Decidueye

*PEASANTS BELOW*

Torterra
Infernape
Empoleon
Samurott
Delphox

*BOTTOM OF THE BARREL*

Emboar
Chesnaught
>>
Charizard, greninja. From gen 7, there will be haters for this but it seemed like decidueye is popular
>>
>>33468124
You lost me when I saw you Ranked Venusaur with Blastoise
>>
>>33468135
>you lost me when I saw you rank popular gen 1 cover mons with each other
>>
>>33468128
Decidueye is just a common popular Pokémon. Nothing on the level of ZardGren, not even Blaziken-tier. If anything it's like Serperior. It couldn't even beat Sceptile in those "Favorite Pokémon of each type" records.
>>
>>33468124
Let me fix that for you.

Charizard

Greninja

Typhlosion and Blaziken

Venusaur, Blastoise, and Sceptile

Feraligatr, Swampert, and Serperior

Samurott, Delphox, Decidueye, and Primarina

Infernape and Empoleon

Meganium, Torterra, and Incineroar

Emboar and Chesnaught
>>
>>33468177
Blastoise is far more popular than Blaziken and Typlosion. It has genwun nostalgia shittery going for it.
>>
>>33468177
bretty good, but like other anon said I'd move blastoise to the top of blaziken and typhlosion tier.
>>
Charizard
Greninja
Blaziken
Blastoise/Sceptile
The rest
>>
>>33468177
Seems about right, Incineroar might still move up to Infernape and Empoleon but I kinda doubt it. Decidueye is 100% gonna move up a tier though.
>>
>>33468217
Are the gen 7 starters really not liked? I thought Inceniroar are Owlbirb were up there in overall popularity and the hatred they get was a VP thing
>>
>>33468265
Their first stages are more liked.
>>
>>33468265
They are liked but no as well as others. Especially Incineroar because it ruined the kawaii cat thing japs love that the other two had going for it. Decidueye is the most popular because of the similiarity to Greninja, cool stealthy theme everyone and their parents would think is at least decent. Primarina is a idol, which makes it ideal for japan and their obession with them. In the west Decidueye is just as well received while the others face harsh criticism.
>>
>>33468177
imo you ranked Delphox way to high, it seems to be in the same state of popularity than Incineroar.
Something around Infernape or maybe a little less popular.
>>
For gen 7 the general popularity is decidueye > primarina > incineroar. In Japan primarina is well liked.

Based on amount of content on media like fanart, tags, search results and search trend.

Poll results for favorite starter is pretty much consistent
>>
>>33468265
I wouldn't put the Gen VII starters that high just because I don't think you can really get an accurate read on a Pokemon's popularity until their generation is almost over.

Decidueye and Primarina are definitely popular to some extent, though Primarina fans seem to keep it to themselves more. Last I checked Primarina had the most fanart of the Alola starters, but it was close with Decidueye on the Japanese side.

Incineroar suffers from its somewhat off proportions and the fandom's Fire/Fighting PTSD. But it seems like it's more popular than Emboar and Chesnaught at least.
>>
>>33468300
This. Braixen is the popular one, Delphox is not.
>>
>>33468094
Surprised no one has said Pikachu. Technically, it is one of them.
>>
File: 2017-09-03-12-29-08.png (72KB, 799x479px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-03-12-29-08.png
72KB, 799x479px
>>33468124
>Decidueye
>Slightly above average

Still under three other pokemons.

Why are people underestating Decidueye this much. I'm not dumb, I know Decidueye Isn't charizard Greninja levels of popularity, (yet) but I've seen some big poles that show us with more then 1000k people voteing that Decidueye ranks top ten or even top five. Primarina, swampert, nor feraligatr, typhlosion, venasaur, serperior, sometimes don't even make the lists. I'm not saying the other starters I mentioned aren't as popular, but I think we all are underestimating Decidueyes popularity here. It did beat all nearly all the grass pokemons but sceptile in the favorite list chart thing. And keep in mind, that does include all the grass type starters too.
>>
>>33468421
Oh and for thoes special fags that still think Rowlet is more popular the Decidueye, here's something to keep in mind too. Rowlet was a pickable option in the vote too.

So BTFO Denial fags.
>>
>>33468421
>I know Decidueye Isn't charizard Greninja levels of popularity, (yet)
That's the point where you lost any credibility to the point you're trying to make. It will be as popular as Sceptile at best.
>>
>>33468177
Let me fix that for you

>Charizard, Pikachu

Iconic status, everyone who knows Pokemon, knows them.

>Greninja

Lucario tier popularity.

>Blastoise, Venusaur

Iconic as well, just not shilled as much as Pikachu and Charizard.

>Blaziken

Would probably have been Greninja tier, but since it doesn't get shilled as much, settles here.

>Typhlosion, Sceptile, Infernape

Very popular within the fandom. Are very moderately shilled and it's usually along with the other starters in their gen.

>Feraligatr, Swampert, Empoleon

Notable within the fandom, but are rarely highlighted on their own.

>Delphox, Serperior

Have a certain "niche", but that's it.

>Torterra, Meganium, Samurott

Irrelevant tier.

>Emboar, Chestnaught

Hated by the fanbase overall.

I'm not including the Gen 7 starters, since it's too early to gauge how they will be received in 2 more years.
>>
tfw your starter will never be the popular one
>>
>>33468460
Don't be sad, anon. That just makes your love for it that much more special. :)
>>
>All this talk about popular starters
>Little to nobody mentions Braixen
Braixen is perhaps one of the more popular starters on /vp/, and is by far more popular than Delphox or Fennekin. The little phox is a very memorial starter.
>>
>>33468467
It is but unlike the ones were talking about it is a) not fully evolved and b) completely useless.
>>
>>33468475
>Completely useless
In the mainline games, perhaps. It is arguably the best character in Pokken, and is a useful character in the mystery dungeon game. In the mainline games you can run gimmick sets on any Pokemon to make them somewhat viable.
>>
>>33468421
Woah post more results
>>
>>33468467
On vp. Not anywhere else. Only furries and some pokkenfags care about Braixen. The general public and sane pokemon fans do not like/care about it. Sorry to burst your bubble.
>>
>>33468638
Sadly yh, there are other nfe's that surpass her in popularity. Piplup, rowlet, grovyle, at the end of the day its nothing to brag about
>>
>>33468124
>emboar
>chesnaught
TRIGGERED
>>
>>33468421
Grass doesn't have many iconic pokemon at all, all 5 that made the list are starters. Goddamn Serperior is slightly behind Decidueye, and that's not a popular starter.
>>
File: delphox.jpg (179KB, 900x947px) Image search: [Google]
delphox.jpg
179KB, 900x947px
>>33468467
delphox is better you fucking furfag
>>
Let's not forget that reddit recent survey placed decidueye as the most popular pokémon in gen 7. U may say it's just a reddit poll, but a population of 3000 is more then enough to act as a representative sampling size (statistically at least 30 participant to establish a normal distribution).

However time is also required to compare decidueye's popularity across generations
>>
File: ohhh_yes__by_dragongoo-dbinlv8.jpg (84KB, 860x929px) Image search: [Google]
ohhh_yes__by_dragongoo-dbinlv8.jpg
84KB, 860x929px
>>33468601
https://www.cpokemon.com/seccion/herramientas/tipos/stats/

This is where he got the stats from.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.