[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my starters, any improvements that I can do to them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: Starters.png (3KB, 501x251px) Image search: [Google]
Starters.png
3KB, 501x251px
Rate my starters, any improvements that I can do to them?
>>
>>33464194
No improvements
>>
>>33464194
>Fire starter is bipedal
>>
>>33464194
grass: kinda forced, like the beak tho
water: never seen a puffin based starter b4, may end up too similair to piplup
fire: kinda looks like it has a helmet

I think they're pretty okay, maybe change the bear a bit?
>>
>>33464212
this, in the trash it goes
>>
>>33464194
Is this for a GSC romhack?
Not bad, has potential, even if I don't like the grass-type one (at least the first stage).
>>
First two look good, last one looks retarded. I would just swap it out altogether teebeeaych.
>>
>>33464194
Puffin is great the other two are 0/10
>>
1. Learn how to fucking sprite. The shading is almost non existent (especially with the outlines) and the poses look really flat.

2. The grass starter is boring and the most lazy way I see fan artists do grass starters. i.e. they just take an animal, paint it green, and slap leaves on it. Do something more interesting like making it based on a specific plant or something.
>>
>>33464286
moose=moss, it just becomes more clear in the future stages

OP fid you ever name them? I think I remember Calfalfa and Puffoam but idr the fire guy at all,
>>
>>33464194

I like the puffin and the bear. The grass starter is a little weird though.
>>
>>33464327
>bear
it's a wolverine cub
>>
>>33464364
Literally no way we could have known that. Also isn't Typhlosion already similar to that?
>>
>>33464376
Typhlosion is more like a badger
>>
>>33464364
I think a bear would be better
>>
>>33464364

Looks like a bear to me.
>>
They are p-cool. What are their evos?
>>
>>33464308
>moss
>with leaf veins
Have you ever actually looked at a real moss?
>>
>>33464225
>beak
wat
>>
>>33464194
Meowth already has a coin stuck to its face. If the yellow thing on the puffin is supposed to be shading, remove the black outline.
>>
File: spriteimprovement3.png (1KB, 39x50px) Image search: [Google]
spriteimprovement3.png
1KB, 39x50px
>>33464308
If it's moss why the fuck are there large leaves on it?

Also I spent 5 minutes improving one of your sprites. Use it as an example. Stop making shite sprites.
>>
>>33464495
You made it worse because you removed the helmet hair, which was the only interesting feature.
>>
>>33464523
It didn't look like a helmet to begin with.
>>
>>33464194
pokemon clover is much better than this
>>
>>33464430
>>33464495
It's not only moss you dimwits. But I'm not OP, I just like his moose design.
>>
>>33464554
>It's not only moss you dimwits

But nothing about the design indicates moss and the leaves just make it even more confusing.

>I just like his moose design
Congrats, you have shit taste
>>
>>33464194
grass: thicker legs pls, it would also benefit from a darker hue
water: longer wings with maybe white details on it
fire: discard it altogether
>>
>>33464194
The only one I like is the Puffin one, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>33464364
Not in the Chinese Zodiac.
>>
>>33464194
>Another bear
>not waifu
>not chinese zodiac
>Not themes
>Two bipeds

Perfect for g1 to g4, shit for actual standars.
>>
>>33464194
>That Puffin, holy shit 10/10.
>>
these things are cute and well made, but the question is do you make them look retarded when they evolve and is the fire type part fighting
>>
>>33466118
No it's part Dark
>>
The water type is cute. Is it a puffin? Also please make at least one of them a reptile or an amphibian or something.
>>
>>33464194
Replace the fire bear imo
>>
>>33464194
change the fire bear, the other are ok
>>
>>33464194
Delete them and try again.
>>
>>33464194
They're alright, they're lacking a certain 'pokemon' quality, have you tried killing yourself?
>>
File: 1504092538169 (1).png (17KB, 609x644px) Image search: [Google]
1504092538169 (1).png
17KB, 609x644px
posting my sprite edit from the last thread this guy made. feel free to edit this and put dicks on it. i'll do the other two if you guys want.
>>
>>33471781
The sprite still needs a lot of work.
The black outlines indicate something on the foreground. The back of the deer has a black outline but the legs don't? It looks like the back is more in front than the legs.
When you light shade outlines. use more than one shade of green.

Also give that deer another leg, make it behind the leg to the right.
>>
>>33464194
>grass starter isn't based on a prehistoric/extinct animal
>Water starter isn't amphibious
>Fire starter isn't based on one of the chinese zodiacs

Delete it and try again
>>
Legit thread
>>33411687
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.