[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you think ultra sun and moon is even worth buying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2

do you think ultra sun and moon is even worth buying?
>>
>Buying games
>>
>>33461720
Nope. No new Alolan forms or megas, just some shitty Z Moves. Save your money and play Showdown if you're desperate to use Kommo-o (it's an endgame Pokémon so it doesn't even matter that it gets a signature z move)
>>
>>33461733
i dont think they should have even added z moves. there pretty shit desu.
>>
>>33461733
>no new megas
But that's good
>>
>lol there's nothing new in this game except what they've already shown us
>that's it no more news my dad john game freak said so
Kill yourself if you believe this.

This is a bait thread anyway so whatever
>>
>>33461752
dude calm down. were talking about pokemon. a game meant for fucking 8 year olds.
>>
>>33461741
Give it a generation, you'll love it as much as megas when they take it away from tournaments.
>>
>>33461757
You type like an 8 year old.
>>
>>33461720
It will be to some people. It might not be to me, but I'll wait and see.
>>
>>33461757
t. first day on 4chan
>>
>>33461720
You can't even wipe your ass with them
>>
Not if lycan-ash is the only selling point.
>>
>>33461720
>games are a couple months out
>only new things shown are new z moves, lycarrot and boxarts
>complete fucking radio silence on the game
as of right now its not fucking worth it
maybe theyll surprise us with new alolan forms or something
but its modern game freak, we're gonna get 40 new z moves, 3 new forms for legends and more battle maison
>>
>>33461720
As of now: No, not really.

They need to make the next news dump actually significant, otherwise it's just cementing the opinion of US/UM not being worth it.
>>
I really love the game, i know its not what we expected but im sure most of u guys will love it when it comes out, no matter what you say to it like your not buying it cuz it sucks, but at the end of the day you'll truly buy one
>>
>>33461746
I think Megas were a cool idea, give shit pokemon special good evolutions, but they just gave them to good pokemon to make them even better
>>
>>33461941
>but they just gave them to good pokemon to make them even better
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>33461720

Not from what we've seen so far, no.
>>
>>33461733
They have been hinting at new megas though.
>>
>>33461929
you love a game. You never played yet you think others are quick to judge. i see
>>
>>33461918
I need Alolan forms to make this worthwhile. Otherwise it's just Malibu SM with Hat.
>>
>buying 3ds games
just hack your 3ds lol
>>
>>33462698
I wish I could downgrade, the only reason why I upgraded the firmware was because I wasn't able to go online with SM or Bank anymore until I did.
>>
Yeah I'm gonna get it. Really eager to get the /quickrundown/ on Necrozma.
>>
>>33461727
>being poor
>>
>>33461720

HOW WOULD WE KNOW

WE KNOW FUCKING NOTHGIN. IT COULD BE LAZY GARBAGE LIKE ORAS OR IT COULD HAVE LOTS OF NEW SHIT, STOP ASKING OR ASSUMING WE KNOW NOTHING
>>
>>33461762
Nice bait
>>
>>33461720
From what's been shown so far, not really.
Not that what's been shown is bad or anything, there's just nothing there to sell me on it.

I'll still buy it, out of tradition but I can't even justify that purchase.
>>
>>33462435
>They have been hinting at new megas though
How? By not including any in Sun & Moon and only mentioning them in post-game? By not mentioning them at all in the anime for the last year? By phasing them out of the TCG, even before they'd all had cards?
Or in the way that they ceased making merchandise depicting mega evolution quite suddenly at the release of Sun & Moon?

If anything, SM was the transitional period before they ban Megas from ranked online/battle tree.
>>
>>33461903
All I can think of is that they're waiting until after pollen is released to put info out. They don't want USUM to impact pokken sales. If there's still no big news after pokken then there's definite cause for concern.
>>
>>33461720
looks like bw2 and has new trials so yeah. New content is enough to get me to buy it.
>>
>>33463265
The mega competion and megas for misty and brock in the anime
>>
>>33463324
the problem is that people almost entirely forgot about the games even fucking existing until lycanroc was shown
and now most discussion on this is literally "wheres the fucking news"
desu if the corocoro leaks this month arent any major news im probably not getting this
if i want a battle simulator that gets updates ill go to showdown
>>
We have very very few information on the games. Since there are no big updates like SM, this makes me think those USM will probably be a split 3rd version (3rd and 4th version) with not so much new content. Should this be the case, they aren't definitively worth the buy. I'd rather spend money on better and worthier games rather than the same game I've played a year ago with 2-3 new content that won't ever be DLC.
>>
>>33464728
Still me, I forgot to say that those will probably be the first main series Pokèmon games I won't buy in 6 years, waiting for the Switch games.
>>
absolutely nothing i seen to make me buy these games. it crazy Ultra sun and moon on amazon usa. neither version is top 100 for best sellers only dual pack is 56. sun and moon were regularly in top 10. I know its 3rd versions but hype is not even there with causals
>>
>>33463442
>literallygraspingatstraws.gif
>>
>>33462798
>spending your money on soulless cash grabs after BW2
>>
>>33461720
Maybe. S/M certainly weren't worth 50 though which wasn't even the case of OR/AS and they were quite bad so they've got some work to do.
>>
>>33461720
I'm beginning to doubt it, it's so repulsive to play a Hawaii themed region.
>>
>>33461720
Of course.
Buy USUM.
>>
I really liked SM but I'm not feeling uSM, mainly because it's been severely undermarketed. I'm still going to get it, of course
>>
>>33461720
I think it might be worth it if you didn't play Sun/Moon. So far it looks like a normal 3rd version.
>>
>>33463265

Masuda claims SM only downplayed them to focus on Z-moves.
>>
>We know nothing about the games
Except we do? Because we got version 1.0 a year ago? You can't honestly believe there will be something radically different in Ultra that will change the experience.
>>
>>33463265
SM had no choice but to downplay Mega Evolution. Game Freak had to force players to use Z-Power and it did deserve the spotlight.

We can get all 50 mega stones through Mystery Gift codes now and those megas can be used in Battle Spot. USUM is going to have to have access to all 50 mega stones nomatter what period.

Looks like the focus of USUM is on Z-Power with more Z-Move varieties and Pokemon exclusive Z-Moves.

However, what about this... Lets say that USUM has just enough Mega Evolutions for Gens 1-4 to finish those mega rosters off. I am not saying there will be several mega evolutions, absolutely not. I'm talking about things like Butterfree, Slowking, Froslass, and Flygon to shut everyone up when there are no more Gen 1-4 megas. Here is an example of filling holes for Johto Gym Leaders.

Falkner - M-Pidgeot
Bugsy - M-Scizor
Whitney - ________
Morty - M-Gengar
Chuck - M-Heracross
Jasmine - M-Steelix
Pryce - ________
Clair - M-Gyarados

For example, you could give Pryce M-Weavile. We have a compatible Mega Evolution for every single Kanto Gym Leader already BTW. Aerodactyl, Blastoise, Ampharos, Venusaur, Beedrill, Alakazam, Charizard, Kangaskhan, and many options for Blue.
>>
>>33466015
Because BW1 and BW2 were carbon copies, right?
>>
is there ANY chance of a surprise Kanto post game?
>>
>>33466140
Yes of course, if GF wanted to reduce resources for developing Gen VIII on Switch!
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n4z8qk8Ts31rurpv7.png (126KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n4z8qk8Ts31rurpv7.png
126KB, 500x286px
I've bought every main series pokemon game, (both versions) up to this point. This is the first game I might not buy at all. That makes me really sad. This just seems like the laziest reshell GF has ever done.
>>
We don't know yet
>>
>some colorful flowers
>an orange dog
>a dance emote for Kommo-o

gonna need a little more information
>>
I hate the internet's obsession with Pokemon news. I remember back in my days all we got were shitty Corocoro scans and poorly recorded Japanese promos. Nowadays Nintendo pretty much forcefeeds everyone the entire games plot, characters, Pokemon and gameplay mechanics a few months before the games come out. I hope this news drought continues until November 15.
>>
Didn't get SM the first time around so yeah, probably.
>>
>>33466705
they always force fed us. only difference was the localization time. since worldwide release. they will always do it
>>
>>33461762
Nope, I'll take megas any day over shitty dance animations. Especially the Eevee one. Fuck Z-moves they are the gimmicky-est shit I've seen in a long time.
>>
>>33463263
This
>>
for those of you who have only sun or moon and are planning to get only 1 of the ultra versions, will you:
-go with the other version for completeness or
or
-go with the same version because you like your legendary too much and you've already got all the version-specific pokemon for the other version?

if there's a mechanic which makes grinding much easier in the ultra version, i may go for it
>>
>>33461720
How am I supposed to know? They've barely shown the fucking thing.
>>
they dont have anything to show about these games so no
>>
>>33461720
Citra
>>
>>33466705
>I hate the internet's obsession with Pokemon news. I remember back in my days all we got were shitty Corocoro scans and poorly recorded Japanese promos. Nowadays Nintendo pretty much forcefeeds everyone the entire games plot, characters, Pokemon and gameplay mechanics a few months before the games come out.
Yeah instead we knew the entire game because it came out in Japan six months prior
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.