[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's ridiculous the number of people that unironically thinks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Phineas_Image_Proposition_5.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Phineas_Image_Proposition_5.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
It's ridiculous the number of people that unironically thinks that completely everything is a stereotype or parody.

Jynx was the most controversy Pokémon that we got for this reason, and Kadabra was the next. Both Pokémon were penalized in some way (for example Kadabra has no cards in TCG).

And after complaints that Pokémon is racist, a lot of people really thinks that some new Pokémon like Gumshoos or Probopass are Donald Trump or a Rabbi respectively. Do you think that Game Freak want to get more problems?

Well, actually it's not a surprise when I had already read that Phineas is a jew because he has a big nose.
>>
>>33461627
>japanese franchise
>western stereotypes
>>
>>33461627
>Candace is the next Gen 8 gym leader
would you?
>>
>>33461627
itt: summer is here to stay. 12 year olds hear about 4chan from their older brothers friend and find /b/. Then they realize there's a Pokémon board so they take their shitposting on the road
>>
Goddamnit OP, Jynx IS a parody. Not of blackface, but of ganguro.
>>
>>33461644
Yes, but most Americans are too ignorant to know that and too self-righteous to care.
>>
>>33461644
Japanese parody of japanese fashion, not a racist stereotype about niggers.
>>
>>33461644
who the fuck besides actual nips or turboweebs even knew what ganguro was circa 1998?
and ganguro is still a kind of blackface, just filtered through the insanity of jap culture
>>
>>33461699
this desu. a LOT of Gyaru/Ganguro was inspired by exposure to western culture, especially black celebrities and southern california beach culture.
>>
>>33461699
>>33462441
These. Jynx is one of the more understandable sources of controversy, especially given the time when it was introduced. Hell, I recall every kid in grade 3 calling Jynx "the black lady."
>>
>>33461627
They made the correct decision in changing Jynx's appearance
>>
>>33461627
Kadabra wasn't a controversy, that's just Uri Geller being a money hungry faggot
>>
>>33462544
the correct decision would've been deleting jynx from the game forever desu
>>
>>33462556
Well its been virtually deleted from most Pokemon media anyways
>>
>>33461640
>/b/
Not anymore anon. /pol/ and /v/ are the entry boards now.
>>
>>33461644
>>33461699
I think getting offended by jynx to begin with is one of many signs that people have enough free time to look for things to be offended by but none of it is spent trying to make an effort researching the context of the thing they're getting offended by. Is like if people started to get offended by the venus of willendorf for portraying a "fat stereotype" without trying to at least understand what meaning it had for its creators. Surely the way people think has not changed in thousands of years across multiple continents and stereotypes are the same everywhere everytime.

Even then, gamefreak and nintendo are not exent of fault on this one, as they're not aliens and even in the 90s they already had the resources to check if maybe any of their designs had a different connotation in the western market they were trying to expand to. Assuming there would be no shitstorm was a lack of foresight.
>>
>>33461640
>projections
>>
Would Jynx have still been censored in this day and age? Say she was a Alolamon

Couldn't it now be argued that Jynx is proud POC representation and that changing her is whitewashing?
>>
File: Dark-Kadabra.TR.39.png (1MB, 570x795px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Kadabra.TR.39.png
1MB, 570x795px
Is this guy rare then? Because I used to have it
>>
>>33462818
Jynx wouldn't have been made today with Pokémon being a global behemoth.
>Couldn't it now be argued that Jynx is proud POC representation and that changing her is whitewashing?
I'm not sure if you're shitposting or jut has a distorted world view, but nobody that would hate on Jynx in the first place would accept blackface as proud POC representation. On top of that you have the huge wave of SJWs crying about cultural appropriation.
>>
>>33462834
>Jynx in the first place would accept blackface
But it's not blackface. With our more advanced and readily-available technology compared to Gen I times, more people would be able to actually research what Jynx is based off of, and because Pokemon is now the global behemoth you describe it as, they'd probably even describe Jynx as such on their site. You wouldn't be able to argue that Jynx is blackface if it were created in 2017 because you would get BTFO in a single tweet.
>>
File: Kadabra_c.jpg (51KB, 369x502px) Image search: [Google]
Kadabra_c.jpg
51KB, 369x502px
>>33461627
>(for example Kadabra has no cards in TCG)
you what
>>
>>33462818
Jynx in 2017 would actually look like what it was trying to portray and not a bizarre caricature
>>
>>33462910
Not anymore - he hasn't had any in 15 odd years. Thanks Uri Geller.
>>
>>33462547
He's a fucking kike, what do you expect, anon?
>>
>>33462856
>Implying media wouldnt fuck everything up and turn uneducated normies aganist game freak and/or pokemon at the slightest shiver of controversy.
>>
File: 1503213087954.png (33KB, 205x252px) Image search: [Google]
1503213087954.png
33KB, 205x252px
>>33462997
>>
>>33463014
It already happened with jinx back then, so id say it could easily happen if jinx was released now, only probably with more repercussion (idk tho)
>>
The Kadabra (specifically Kadabra; to say nothing of the Satan Monsters fearmongering of the era) controversy was really just one guy, to be fair.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.