[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is ORAS worth getting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1502631161687.jpg (30KB, 361x325px) Image search: [Google]
1502631161687.jpg
30KB, 361x325px
I've been replaying some of the older gens (nabbed free copies of Platinum, Black and Black 2) and I was wondering if ORAS is worth playing through. I know it gets a bad rap, but Gen 3 is way up there with my favorites, so is it a good remake or should I just emulate Emerald?
>>
>>33459267
Just pirate it and if you enjoy it, buy it
>>
>>33459267
I found it more fun than SM.
>>
>>33459267
play emerald then oras
>>
>>33459267
I'm playing Emerald right now and I gotta say it's very different. I can definitely see why they did what they did with ORAS. I think it would be best to consider them as different games though, not like the Kanto and Johto ones where the remakes are obviously superior. Emerald certainly has a charm of it's own but with the new pokemon formula it can be kind of overwhelming trying to adapt to its gameplay. I'd say play ORAS if you're used to the current style of pokemon games because going back to Emerald and the old style made me at least change up my gameplay style. You have to stick with a team more consistently than post-XY, and even then you might need to grind a bit. Emerald is also very open for pokemon standards, and there are many areas to explore that could be overwhelming at first. There's also the tediousness of limited items (but I just sold all the money making things like stardust) and don't forget the physical/special split. It's easy to remember by eeveelutions. All of their types are special in gen 3, even Leafeon/Glaceon. But yeah, that's my thoughts on Emerald so far. I've yet to complete it though. ORAS is pretty good if you want a leisurely stroll without grinding though. Also the exp share allows for more exploration with teams, dexnav lets you even find some rarer 'mons in the region you probably haven't tried out yet. Oh, and it's just as comfy as the originals, so no worries there! I really liked soaring. And most importantly TMs are resuable so you can get right to making a secret base without worries. And with the internet you can get others' much easier than on Emerald's (I don't know about emulators though, I bought my copy cause I have a gameboy already). I'm bad at describing things, but I hope this post was somewhat informative. There really is nothing much to say about ORAS cause it's a relatively new game and has many similarities with other modern ones that don't need descriptions if you've already played them.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.