[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Handheld Era was the best for Pokémon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

Which Handheld Era was the best for Pokémon?
>>
>>33458647
>Gameboy Advanced/ Advanced SP

No contest
>>
>>33458647
DS, followed by GBA
>>
DS era is the only correct answer.
>>
>>33458647
>Only spinoff games included are Mystery Dungeon and fucking Pokemon Ranger
why?
>>
>>33458675
Because the others sucked.
>>
DS era was the most polarizing by having the best games and the worst games (two camps that agree with this statement)

GBA were decent overall but not amazing

GB/C were fine followed by great

3DS were decent overall but even more controversial than the DS era

My vote goes for the GBA era because there weren't really any major mistakes or flaws, followed by 3DS for overall quality and DS because it had the worst and best games, and then GB/C which is last even though it was still good.
>>
>>33458693
the only bad games on the DS are diamond and pearl
any other opinion is trash
>>
File: whoa.png (19KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
whoa.png
19KB, 128x128px
>>33458647
>GB era had 6 mainline games
>GBA era had 5 mainline games
>DS era had 9 mainline games
>3DS era soon has 8 mainline games

Do you think the Switch will survive long enough to release gen9 games?
>>
gen III
you could play everything up to that point on the GBA
also, you could play dragon warrior monsters, telefang, and smt devil children in their prime.
>>
>>33458725
Definitely. Why wouldn't it?
>>
DS was the golden age by really far.
I started on gen 2.
>>
>>33458647
Ds has Platinum, HGSS, and WB2 so it's not hard to say why DS era is best era
>>
>>33458725
2021, so yeah
>>
>>33458647
needs XD
>>
>>33458647
NDS hands down

Platinum, HG, SS, W, B2
>>
>>33459992
Did you often carry around a fucking game cube, a tv, and a generator?
>>
>>33458693
DS era is only polarizing here, everyone else thought it sucked with the sole exception being HGSS for the most part
>>
>>33458725
I assume so, because RBY and GS are VC
D/P are not bc,

Plus Nintendo and The pokemon company wants to make another mystery dungeon on switch, we could get a Pokémon Ranger rpg

Plus switch is likely 6 years so.. 2017-2023 but GF are 1 year out and 25th anniversary is the Dex no of pikachu all within switch estate life cycle
2x gen VIII 2018
2x dp remakes 2019
2x gen VIII sequel or Ultra versions 2020 or 1.
2x Red blue remakes 2021 25th anniversary
2022 gen 9
2023 remake Black white
2024... considering that this is the case so 2gens.
Ultra remakes likely 2.

Notwithstanding pokemon mystery dungeon and pokemon Ranger

So 2018-2024 2 generations + anniversary games + 2 remakes estimated 14 games -12 games
Assuming 2018 -2024 with no dry periods
Essentially near DS era.
>>
>>33458788
2023 6 years
>>
>>33460128
Plus Nintendo could make a super switch thats bc with switch.
>>
>>33458693
The worst games comes from the 3ds era, and you know that.
>>
File: 1491223637336.png (14KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491223637336.png
14KB, 800x600px
I like every gen.

I'm sorry most of you feel like it's about one or the other.
>>
>>33460251
What are you talking about? All gens have their strengths, but some have glaring weaknesses that need to be addressed.
>>
>>33458647
ds obviously. only faggot ass genwunners and genthureeurs will say gb/gba
>>
>>33460251
Just because people like a game doesn't mean they can't acknowledge the game's flaws. People here tend to overblow fucking everything though.
>>
>>33458647
>Which Handheld Era was the best for Pokémon?
The first game sold the best and was a phenomenon that created a billion dollar franchise that has lasted 20 years. I don't see how this is a matter of opinion.

>Which Handheld Era was the best for ME?
GBA. I think they just polished up the series but kept it simple. I like all the games but I like the main elements of pokemon and don't use all the other features and stuff that adds nothing to the main game. Gen 3 has a lot of flaws but the simplicity and focus always keeps me satisfied.
>>
>>33458647
GBA.

I'm biased though because its overall library was great.
>>
>>33458685
>conquest sucked
FUCK
OFF
>>
GBA > DS > GBC > GB >>>> 3DS

prove me wrong

protip: you can't
>>
>>33458647
Remove Sun and Moon. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are literally them but with extra sprinkles on top.

Also, where the fuck are Colosseum/Gale of Darkness and Rumble & Rumble Blast? And what about Conquest?
>>
>>33460214
But the worst games are DPP, anon.
>>
>>33458647
gameboy sp you could play gba and gb games with a backlit super portable system also recharble battery
>>
Either GBC for atmosphere or 3DS for not shit online multiplayer functionality and making getting in-depth with mechanics not pants on head retarded.
>>
>>33458647
DS
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.