[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the ultra sun and moon games let you skip cutscenes A: How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

If the ultra sun and moon games let you skip cutscenes
A: How many of you would use it?
B: Would it make it a better pokemon game?
>>
B: Yes
>>
File: 1501537680332.png (356KB, 510x523px) Image search: [Google]
1501537680332.png
356KB, 510x523px
>skipping cutscenes on the first playthrough
>>
>>33458662
It's a pokemon game, cutscenes and story really doesn't matter. They get in the way and break up way too much in recent games.
>>
>>33458638
>How many of you would use it?
I wouldn't the first time unless the story was exceptionally shit again.
>Would it make it a better pokemon game?
What kind of dumbass question is that? Of course it would. The fact of the matter is that some people are not interest one bit in the story. They want to battle, or catch, or groom their Pokemon for contests and shit. To force them to sit though something they have little to no interest makes it more likely they drop the series, in spite of its good qualities. I understand that the head writer and their team have a story they want to tell, but not everybody wants to hear it.
>>
>>33458638
I would definitely use it, but it wouldn't make a better game, not by much at least, because then the game itself is still very much a railroad and exploration would still be lacking as fuck.
If anything skipping the cutscenes would make it more obvious how shallow the game is.
>>
File: 1419616373900.png (475KB, 893x732px) Image search: [Google]
1419616373900.png
475KB, 893x732px
>>33458672
>having an attention span of less than 5 seconds
you probably turn battle animations off, too
>>
>>33459242
>Battle animation
Exciting! Pokemon doing stuff!
>Story cutscene
Boring! Pointless! Poor animations!
I think that if you put 2 seconds of thought into your post, you would have seen you wouldn't have needed to make it.
>>
Cutscene skip is a band-aid for a tumor. If the cutscenes are plentiful and unnessecary enough one would want to skip them, there are already dire problems with various elements of the game.
>>
>>33458638
A: Would use it only after I have seen all cutscenes at least once, anything different would be retarded
B: No, a game is not made better or worse by the inclusion of cutscenes. At best, you can call it annoying if you can't skip those. Only whiners call games bad because of cutscenes
>>
>>33460732
>No, a game is not made better or worse by the inclusion of cutscenes
Haha, oh wow
>>
>>33460739
Looking back, I guess you're right anon, that was phrased badly.
I meant to say the inclusion of cutscenes is not detrimental to whether a game is good or bad. But sure, it can improve the experience if you're somebody who likes having a more detailed portrayal of the story, or worsen it if you're a whiner who can't see the point of cutscenes. The game itself isn't gonna become good/bad because cutscenes are or aren't there, though.
>>
>>33458638
A. I won't use it if there are significant differences
B. Yes
>>
I liked the cut scenes. It reminded me of mystery dungeon.
>>
>>33458638
>lillie appears
>instantly smash the skip button
>>
>>33459262
I bet you didn't like Godzilla 2014 either.
>>
>>33458638
I just want to be able to save after a long cutscene so that I can soft-reset for gift pokemon or other similar events. That's all I ask.
>>
>>33460765
cutscenes themselves may not make a game good or bad but an overabundance of them can be detrimental to a game if it interrupts the flow of gameplay to stop and repeat something you were told less than 5 minutes ago
>>
Cutscenes are good for first playthrough. Skipping them would be nice for replays but I barely care about replaying Pokemon games any more
>>
A: Only on potential later playthroughs, after a soft-reset (like that massive cutscene before you can choose a starter), or by anyone speedrunning
B: It would make it a little bit better, but it wouldn't fix the underlying problems

The draw of Pokémon to me is the single-player aspect. I don't necessarily want to battle and trade with friends or other people. I get the most enjoyment from exploring the region. I do all side content before progressing with main content, and I like it when the side content is interesting. I don't like being locked to a specific story path every step of the way with the Rotom Pokédex telling me what to do immediately after. I don't like having frequent temporary road blocks that only disappear by story progression like the old man in Gen I. Why can't I use the fence doors in Hau'oli City the first time I go there? Why can't I visit the Dimensional Research Lab or Hano Grand Resort when I first get to Heahea City? Why does there have to be a girl on a Stoutland blocking the way? Why can't I pass Olivia in Diglett's Tunnel until I do each trial and THEN go to the Dimensional Research Lab? There's no reason for it. She just tells you to.

Sun and Moon's biggest problem is that player agency suffers greatly for the sake of the story, and very little is done to try and make up for it.
>>
File: 1496642985078.jpg (19KB, 285x327px) Image search: [Google]
1496642985078.jpg
19KB, 285x327px
>>33460850
>lillie appears
>instantly smash the smash button
>>
>>33459262
>>33459271
>story in games is inherently bad!
I'm all for gameplay being the most important aspect but don't be stupid.
>>
>>33458662

It'd make shiny starter hunting a lot easier, and follow up playthroughs less annoying
>>
>>33458662
>>33459242
>playing Pokémon for the story
>>
File: 1501453974107.png (495KB, 953x1282px) Image search: [Google]
1501453974107.png
495KB, 953x1282px
>>33461164
>falling for the weakest of waifubait
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.