[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 23

File: lPsxHIoInlPR.png (426KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lPsxHIoInlPR.png
426KB, 893x1200px
lol
>>
these memes try too fucking hard to copy the original gen 1 version of it.
>>
There should be a "Problem with Genius Sonority Games" image
>>
>>33456694
I'm still waiting for "The Problem With Paras"
>>
>>33456707
I don't get it
>>
>>33456716
It's an anime reference
>>
>>33456733
Oh ok
>>
>>33456637
>The inclusion of Kris, starting the trend of forcing a female player into the games
this list is the worst one yet
>>
>If a transformed Pokemon defeats a trainer's pokemon and the player switches it out to a shiny pokemon when prompted to, the transformed pokemon will have a shiny pallette while being switched
this one's in there twice
>>
>>33456694

>Old Pokemon models are ripped straight from Pokemon Stadium, creating a jarring disconnect with the cleaner models of the newer Pokemon
>Animations slow the game down too much
>>
>>33456716
It's an episode of the anime.
>>
>>33456758
Gen 2
>>
>>33456637
>Easily the most bland and forgettable designs
Try making this list again. They arent supposed to have opinions, only cold hard facts about why the generation sucked.
>>
>>33456637
>Dragon Fang does nothing
>Moon Ball checks if things would evolve with a burn heal instead of a Moon Stone
>Love Ball is more effective on Pokémon of the same gender

Those are pretty funny
>>
File: 769866_1310236175785_full.png (302KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
769866_1310236175785_full.png
302KB, 640x480px
>>33456737
Fucking this. Kris is best girl delete your image op.
>>
>>33456780
I can already hear the cries of "GAMEFREAK CENSORED LGBT IN POKEMON" with the fixing of the Love Ball glitch...
>>
>forgettable designs
Purely subjective
>evolve with a Burn Heal
wtf
>female character
How is that a bad thing?
>>
>>33456779
that's the joke, all the ones after the original have the same format
>>
>>33456811
I actually enjoy reading these lists because seeing how awful gamefreak is at coding these games makes me laugh so filling them with shitty opinions ruins them.
>>
>>33456779
But that isn't an opinion.
>>
>>33456637
not sure if parody or some personal autism mixed with grudge
>>
>>33456637
>A pokemon using the move Sketch while transformed into another Pokemon will keep a Sketched move...
Is there a way to manipulate this so that mew can learn crabhammer? Without doubles I don't think so
>>
>>33456845
Having a smeargle that only knows crabhammer and sketch would work right?
>>
>>33456858
There aren't any trainers with that and I don't think you keep sketched moves from link battles but theoretically that would work
>>
>>33456845
Probably with that one place in Kanto that lets you battle trainers you've linked with.
>>
there should be a "problem with the 'problem with the Gen x' charts"
>>
>>33456883
Oh shit I forgot about that. Does it copy the exact sets?
>>
>>33456897
Trainer House, that's what it was.
Yep. Copies the exact team that the last trainer had when they Mystery Gifted with you.
>>
File: ORAS.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS.png
228KB, 893x1200px
How did those pictures turn from stating major problems to being nitpicky with minor bugs that 99.9999% of the players never encountered?
Pic related is the only good one
>>
>>33456906
>mfw Richard was right all along
>>
>>33456933
>pic related is the only good one
>when it's filled with nitpicky shit
>>
>>33456974
Yeah let's compare "No Battle Frontier" to "Dragon Scale boosts the power of Dragon type moves rather than the Dragon fang :( "
And
"No gym leader rematches" with "pokemon with HP greater than 49 will deplete the bar slower than intended"
>>
>>33456637
the bug list is nice but every opinion on that image is completely wrong.

it's so obvious that it's just people who were kids when gen 3 came out and don't "get" Gen 2. it's a brilliant game for its time and platform.
>>
>>33456637
A lot of this is just petty, and makes me take the actual issues posted less seriously.
>>
>>33456637
>absolute niche scenario
>niche visual glitch
>an item no one uses
>an opinion
>niche visual glitch
>oh no, i lost 1xp
>true, but that's just 1 mon
>captain obvious
>space issues
>valid complaint
>valid complaint
>valid complaint
>no one uses moon balls, and the hardest mon that benefits from moon ball's catch rate has 1/6 chance of being caught with pokeball at full health and no status
>valid complaint
>valid complaint
>a scenario achieved only by glitching or cheating
>I hate grills
>a niche scenario
>valid complaint
>oh no I lost 4hp out of 200
>oh no a visual glitch lasting for less than a second
>steel and dark were rarely used
In what sense?
>you can't have a park ball outside the contest, glitch only scenario
>if you're in kanto you have fly, don't use teleport, niche nitpick
>who uses love balls?
>a glitch you have to prepare to execute, not found in normal play
>You could just go and ignore kanto, no one speaks about it, not exactly shoved, doesn't add much to the plot anyway
>I thought you hated grills
>valid complaint
>>
>>33457031
>no gb sounds item
>HMs are back
>complaining about Dexnav
>>
>>33456933
>dexnav is shit
>no wild pokemon
HAS THE DAMN CREATOR OF THIS SHIT EVEN PLAYED THE GAME? I still keep going back to ORAS to catch some HAs I'm missing. The amount of foreign shit that I had no idea was in the game. Dexnav is godsend for the ebin 1% encounter rate troll mons that gamefreak loves to put in. The best use of bottom screen ever
>>
>>33456810
>>evolve with a Burn Heal
>wtf
It's true though. The original Moon Ball was faultily programmed.
>>
>>33456637
I didn't notice a lot of these things and even with knowing it's issues gen 2 is still my second favorite gen
>>
>>33457295
Seafoam Islands, Viridian Forest, Safari Zone, Mt Moon being nerfed, Unknown Dungeon
>>
>>33456933
Because this was the original one. Then someone made the gen 1 one, and reddit made one for each gen.
>>
>>33457325
Not sure if baiting or actually stupid. The Gen one is the original and then some butthurt anon made that one after ORAS came out and pokebarneyfag made a SM one.
>>
What are you guys gonna do once there is an image for every gen if there isn't already? Spin-offs?
>>
Last time I saw one of these it was for Red/Blue and it was mostly technical details, which are objective flaws.
This starts like that, then after like 3 items it goes to "easily the most bland and forgettable Pokemon designs", which sticks out like a sore thumb.

Autism.
>>
>>33457337
>pokebarneyfag
Was it the real one this time or the dozens of others who get called out because you can't tolerate the fact that they dislike SM?
>>
Maybe I'm misremembering, but the original Gen 1 image actually addressed objective problems like glitches and oversights, while every other parody image for other generations always say shit about Pokemon designs and other subjective shenanigans.
>>
File: 1451689467757.png (76KB, 893x861px) Image search: [Google]
1451689467757.png
76KB, 893x861px
>>33457346
way ahead of you. I did not make this, though.
>>
>>33456637
Garbage list
>>
>Still none of Sinnoh
Simply unrivaled.
>>
>>33457415
Why would we need one of Sinnoh when everyone already knows why it's shit? don't worry it'll come eventually for all your shitposting needs
>>
what's the font used for this
>>
>>33456637
>>33456690
Agreed, this is trying to hard, the absolute faggot who made this forgot to include that shiny pokemon are forced to have the same mediocre IVs due to shinyness being tied to a specific set of IVs, which can be inherited by breeding, he also forgot to mention that due to this, shiny pokemon can be farmed at a 1/64 ratio.
>>
>>33457436
Protip: It doesn't have one yet because it's the best region.

Get fucked
>>
File: problem.png (888KB, 892x912px) Image search: [Google]
problem.png
888KB, 892x912px
Made one for other gens. No need to thank me.
>>
>>33457415
Can't wait for one of the complaints bring complicated map.
>>
>>33456737
Yeah i stopped reading after that, made me realize the entire list is trash
>>
File: 1504473429832.png (14KB, 888x1480px) Image search: [Google]
1504473429832.png
14KB, 888x1480px
Well, i tried my best. Enjoy this shitty template
>>
>>33457031
>muh frontier
fuck off
>>
>>33457295
>Ok you just need to prove they are blander than the other six generations of pokemon.
stantler
baby mons
>>
>>33456637
>female player characters being a bad thing.
Go fuck yourself. Forgot Rest-Talk being broken to, faggot.
>>
File: listfags_are_cancer.png (122KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
listfags_are_cancer.png
122KB, 893x1200px
>>33457436
here you are
>>
File: sparde.png (18KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
sparde.png
18KB, 800x750px
>>33457922
>>
>>33456637
>The inclusion of Kris which started the trend of...
Stopped reading there. As if there is some problem in giving little girls a female playable characters.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>33457922
Dubs confirm the filename
>>
>>33457922
11/10 my dude
>>
>>33457922
Hey, the Azure Flute is a legitimate complaint.
>>
>>33456694
>all human characters look like ogres and gargoyles
>only double battles in Colosseum
>the entirety of Shadow Pokemon in Colosseum
>it takes 16 years to purify anything since they can only be purified in battle
>best way of purifying is by waiting for them to throw autistic tantrums
>have to do this with like 50 Pokemon
>couldn't include Johto Pokemon in Hoenn so they get shoved in this game
>a world fucking map in a series about exploring a region
Probably more but I'm too lazy to think of it
>>
>starting the trend of forcing a female player into the games

hahahahaha holy shit this is trying to hard
>>
>>33458267
most of them are trying too hard
even the fucking ORAS one has its moments of trying too hard
>>
>>33456637
I never really got why people are upset about Kanto being somewhat gimped. Did they expect to get two full games in one or something? Their was plenty of value in the game as is.

Also, you forgot to include how certain "Johto" pokemon can't be found until reaching Kanto.
>>
>>33457977

so how come little girls are constantly shoehorned into games meant for boys? Pokemon is meant for boys, sure some dyke girls play, but it's a male only hobby. Girls can play with dolls and barbies if they want to fantasize about going on little girl adventures, leave pokemon training to the boys
>>
Nobody better give this fucker any (You)s.
>>
>33458301

quality bait anon
>>
>>33456780
Is the burn heal thing a joke? Since no pokemon evolve via burn heal or was that a legitimate oversight?
>>
>>33456637
>The Love Ball only gains a catch rate of 8* on Pokemon of the same gender
wtf i love gen 2 now
>>
>>33458362
It's an actual bug. The Moon Ball should check if the Pokemon it's being used on evolves by using a Moon Stone on it. But the programmer accidentally entered for it check if the Pokemon evolves with by using a Burn Heal on it. Obviously no Pokemon does, so the Moon Ball is effectively the same as a standard Poke Ball.
>>
File: problemwithop.png (50KB, 893x1100px) Image search: [Google]
problemwithop.png
50KB, 893x1100px
>>
File: wrong.gif (210KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
210KB, 200x150px
>>33456637
>Celebi was never made available outside of Japan
>>
>>33457383
>no mention of bullet seed
>>
>>33459699
Don't forget Silver Wind.
>>
>>33457922
Azure Flute is a much more legitimate complaint than Lucario shilling, considering it's the gen it debuted in and you get an Egg that hatches into Riolu - not a Lucario.

In the context of the game itself, it was an optional giftmon that you had to put some effort into to evolve and make useable, like Togepi, Wynaut, Happiny or Larvesta.
>>
So with that Transform/Sketch glitch, Ditto and Mew could learn any move?
>>
i need a thread to post this is in and this one is the most relevant
>have NA copy of Gold with battery that is likely very close to dying
>minor glitches/oddities as a result
>battery has gotten to the point where prompt appears to set the time manually every time the save is loaded
>about a month ago the pokegear time read 13:11 PM
>didn't notice at first until after I had turned gameboy off
>turned it back on to check prompt but it couldn't be set to any 24-hour clock times
>figured I must have been seeing things
>check it again yesterday, 13:XX PM setting is at the prompt
>took footage this time
I did a little bit of googling but couldn't find any documentation of the clock glitching to read non-12-hour times. Does anyone know if this already known to happen?
>>
>>33456637
> If a transformed Pokémon defeats a Trainer's Pokémon and the player switches out to a Shiny Pokémon when prompted to the transformed Pokémon will have a Shiny palette while being switched

A minimum graphic bug is written twice, on the wobbuffet area and on the hoppip one.
Running out of complaints I see
>>
>>33458301
have a (you)
>>
>>33457572
>using Red Eyes and Wargreymon instead of the superior Blue Eyes and Metalgarurumon
>>
File: 1282794533332.jpg (235KB, 1694x600px) Image search: [Google]
1282794533332.jpg
235KB, 1694x600px
In case anyone is interested, here's the original, no frills version of the first one of these ever made before it got stylized and turned into "The problem with gen 1" and all these retarded spinoffs that missed the point came out.
>>
Isn't the teleport one just to remove a possibility of locking the SS. Aqua in the region you're not in?
>>
>>33460148
Blue Eyes is to Wargreymon what Red Eyes is to Metalgarurumon.

The correct combo is Red Eyes + Metalgarurumon.
>>
>>33458362
They either had it work with moon ball but then they moved the moon ball to a different index number, or they forgot to select the right index number to begin with.
>>
>>33457572
>tfw both of these designs are superior than any Kanto abomination
LOL
>>
>>33460170
That actually is interesting. Thanks anon!
>>
>>33456637

>introduce Baby pokemon available only via breeding the evolved forms

for what purpose?
>>
>>33456690
This. Gen II has enough to work with to make an entertaining list, this is just too obviously bait.
>>
These images are shit for the most part. They're just lists of minor programming oversights rather than pointing out genuine flaws with the game design. Some complaints, like "You can only obtain Generation V Pokémon until you reach the post-game" are entirely subjective, since there are people that like that aspect.

A legitimate complaint with game design would be something like this.
>Gen III Hoenn possesses 17 water routes, making up half the routes in the game and being more than any other game by a wide margin. The only Pokémon you can encounter via surfing in Hoenn are Wingull, Pelipper, Tentacool, and a 1% chance of Wailord on Route 129. This is despite the fact that 80 Water-type Pokémon across 41 families existed at the time. In addition, none of these 17 routes have new music for their (minor) land sections, and the most of the time you'll be hearing the surfing theme. Being surfing tiles, every move you make is a potential wild battle encounter, much like a cave. Land routes are better because not every tile is a grass tile. Finally, much of the tileset used across these 17 routes is identical with little new content to offer each route. Seeing as so much of the game is water-based, more should have been done to make the water content as interesting as the land content.

Or
>Gen I Kanto has 2 water routes, but the only Pokémon you can encounter through surfing on them is Tentacool.
>>
>>33460170
Ah, back when SA was actually worth something.
>>
>>33460170
>Toxic turned into normal Poison if you switched out while under the effects of it.
Isn't this how it always works? Does it only reset the Toxic counter in later games?
>You could use Counter on OHKO moves to instakill your enemies.
That doesn't sound like a flaw. It just sounds like a rare scenario since there aren't many ways to take a OHKO and survive in the first place.
>You could also use Counter on a move that hit your Substitute.
While it does seem odd to be countering a move that didn't actually hit YOU, I wouldn't call it a flaw.
>You had to save every time you wanted to switch Boxes.
It sucks, but it's not exclusive to Gen I Kanto, and it's done so that it doesn't have your entire PC loaded in RAM simultaneously.
>EVERY attack in the game (except for Swift) had at least a 1/256 chance of missing.
I played Red (in Japanese) last year, and Swift had a higher chance than that of missing, which is ironic.
>Mimic randomly disables an enemy move.
>Disable randomly disables an enemy move.
>Multi-hit moves use the same number for damage. If one hit criticals, they ALL will.
These seem like intentional game mechanics and not hilariously awful oversights.
>>
>>33460347
>Isn't this how it always works? Does it only reset the Toxic counter in later games?
No, in the later games the Toxic counter is reset rather than Toxic turning into regular Poison.
>>
>>33460170
>doesn't mention Counter working on Full Restores
>>
>>33457922
>nothing about how most new evos were locked behind post-game and even then some required swarms, or the gen 3 bottom slot bullshit, or how Tangela is straight up unattainable until Platinum
>>
>>33457337
>pokebarneyfag made a SM one.
Post it
>>
>>33460257
Honestly, saying encounter rate is a flaw is stupid. There exists items in the game for that.
>>
>>33460394
Tangela and Tropius actually, which were the only pre-Gen IV Pokémon barring previous starters, legendaries, and mythicals to not be in Diamond and Pearl without Pal Park. It's so weird considering Tangrowth is a Gen IV Pokémon, but Tropius is the one that gets me thinking because it's extremely valuable as an HM slave in Sinnoh since it can learn Cut, Fly, Defog, and Rock Climb, and Gyarados learns the rest. Maybe that's why it's in the Sinnoh Pokédex in Platinum. You could get a Kabutops and Aerodactyl to fill the same role and both are available in Sinnoh once you get the National Pokédex, but still.

Also, I liked Dual Slot mode as a creative way to find older Pokémon in specific locations and I would love to see it return in USUM by detecting if you have Gen I or Gen II games downloaded on your 3DS. Swarms were also cool, but they were post-game and Pokémon that evolved into Gen IV Pokémon shouldn't have been locked until post-game.

>>33460403
But the thing is I can play almost any Pokémon game without using repels. The caves in Unova and the water routes in Hoenn is where I draw the line because the core game mechanic actually becomes tedious at that point, and you wonder why there wasn't something in place to make those areas more bearable to begin with.
>>
The glitches that prevent things from working as intended are an actual issue, not just subjective opinion.
>>
File: 1441824783614.jpg (16KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1441824783614.jpg
16KB, 325x325px
>>33456637
>goes through problems with the games
>looks normal
>"Easily the most bland and forgettable Pokemon designs."
Who edited that in there?
>>
>>33460439
>and you wonder why there wasn't something in place to make those areas more bearable to begin with
Yeah, they're called Repels and turn it into a non-issue. If you're more concerned about distribution then I agree with you but complaining about such a trivial thing is retarded when there are more glaring issues present.
>>
>>33460209
You're welcome!
>>33460277
SA, really? I wasn't aware its origins went THAT far back, damn.
>>33460347
>Isn't this how it always works? Does it only reset the Toxic counter in later games?
Varies on game, but in every game past Gen 1 it remains Toxic poison as long as you're still in the same battle.
>This doesn't sound like a flaw. It just sounds like a rare scenario since there aren't many ways to take a OHKO and survive in the first place.
Counter should only work on moves that hit - working on something that doesn't hit is a problem. Same reason why it shouldn't work on subs. Counter in general is a LOT more fucked up than the original blurb says.
I believe you're right about those probably being intentional, but they promptly realized how fucked up that design choice was since all of them got changed for Gen 2 and never went back.
>>33460390
This is the original version of the "problems with" image. Later versions include the various Counter related fuckups this one doesn't, among other things.
>>
File: why the fuck 2.0.png (20KB, 739x115px) Image search: [Google]
why the fuck 2.0.png
20KB, 739x115px
Here's my "The Problem With Gen 7" image.
>>
>>33456637
>The problem with OP's brain
It's not there
>>
>>33460478
I first remember seeing that list in SA's pokemon 'megathreads' (read: generals, SA encouraged them and probably still does) during Gen IV, around when Platinum was new, and it was made by a huge competitivefriend to bait genwunners.
>>
>typhlosion's stats are the same as charizard's
holy shit I never realised this
>>
File: basically a glitch list.png (402KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
basically a glitch list.png
402KB, 893x1200px
>>33456637
And here it is without opinions. Come on lad, can't find just a handful more glitches to fill it with?
>>
>>33460805
>subpar DV ranges

technically its above average DV's for shinies
>>
>>33456637
tl;dr

but, I just want to say that gen 1 and 2 were made at the same time and was once going to be released as 250 for gen 1. With that in mind they're pretty much the same.
>>
>>33460825
They weren't made at the same time. Gen I was developed from 1990-1995 and Gen II was developed from 1996-1999. Gen II uses the same (albeit modified) engine as Gen I. Gen III was when they basically remade the engine from the ground up.
>>
File: 1483221235659.jpg (126KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483221235659.jpg
126KB, 540x960px
>inclusion of kris starting the forcing of female players in tge games
>>
File: genii.png (388KB, 1151x1220px) Image search: [Google]
genii.png
388KB, 1151x1220px
>>
>>33456637
How can you pander to Gen 1 in the 2nd fucking game in the series?

If this isn't bait then it proves whoever wrote this wasn't even born when Gold/silver came out
>>
>>33458264
>only double battles in Colosseum
>implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>33460148
Great taste right here.
>>
That point about the gym leaders should be an opinion or nitpicky but it's actually a really big problem.

>Falkner has two Pokémon and neither is a Noctowl or Murkrow
>Busgy has three Pokémon and none are Ariados, Ledian, Yanma, Heracross, or Shuckle
>Morty has four Pokémon and not a single one is Misdreavus
>Chuck has two Pokémon and neither is Tyrogue or Hitmontop
>>could have even had a blurb about how he got it from a guy in Kanto

Everyone else has a single Johto Pokémon and that only looks good cause the rest are so shit.

>Whitney has a Clefairy when she could have Furret, Stantler, Ursaring, Dunsparce, Girafarig, Aipom, Togetic, Cleffa, or Igglybuff
>Jasmine has two Magnemite. Actually okay considering they're only newly steel type. No Skarmory though.
>Pryce has a Seel and Dewgong cause ice machine broke
>Clair has three fucking Dragonairs. What exactly would be the problem with giving her a Pupitar?
>>
>>33460203
So, you don't like gen I mon and like digimon?
Makes sense.
>>
>>33461424
It's bait anon
>>
>>33456637
You guys got to keep this to just factual statements. That's what made the original so effective.
>>
>>33463353
Clair is a Dragon-type trainer and the only dragons in gen 2 were the Dratini line and Kingdra.
>>
>>33463436
You're right, I forgot that the Larvitar line wasn't dragon. I think she should have had it anyway on the same grounds as Lance having Gyarados, Charizard, and Aerodactly but it's not as objectively bad as I thought.
>>
>>33463453
Honestly, Gamefreak always does it. They create a trainer representing a certain type and have almost no Pokemon representing that type in the region. It happens in every fucking generation.
>>
>>33463353
Also Pryce could have had a Sneasel, forgot about that.
>>
the are only two things I legitimately despise out of gen2
one is that playing anything pre-physical/special split doesn't cut it for me anymore, but fortunately there's hgss
the other was becoming aware smogon had tiers for gen 2, an OU match of that shit is worse than playing Civilization in Marathon pace, it never ends
>>
>>33460170
>problem with gen 1 is actual bugs, many of which effected gameplay
>most of the other lists complain about "shilling", non-issues, or stupid shit meant to rile up (You)s
>>
>>33463531
>the are
there are*, I fucked up
>>
>>33463531
>an OU match of that shit is worse than playing Civilization in Marathon pace, it never ends

It's really not that bad if you have a counter for Rest.
>>
File: Sinnoh Autism.png (42KB, 1366x438px) Image search: [Google]
Sinnoh Autism.png
42KB, 1366x438px
Can you Sinnohshitters stop being so fucking retarded? Everyone knows /vp/ is one of the youngest boards, so that easily explains the massive amount of bias you little retards have for Sinnoh/Unova and against gen 1.

The original image was never good, because it's just a retard listing glitches off a game made in assembly from 1996.
>t-t-the first image made sense because it just stated real problems with the game!
>haha look at all these glitches from this 20 year old game! Th-that means Gens 4-7 look better by comparison...haha
It was an old as fuck game made with shit hardware and technology, like all the other gameboy/nes games. Complaining about glitches in it is really pointless, and the fact that it's actually comparable and still in competition for popularity with modern games is a complete embarrassment to anything past Emerald.

Also, gen 1 may have had a lot of technical glitches but at least it didn't implement autism to the scale of honey and munchlax trees.
>>
>>33463620
There will be people who defend this and feebas tiles.
>>
>>33456637
wow man it's almost as if it's impossible to make a flawless game
>>
>>33463620
>he doesn't know about the original catchrate formula
>>
>>33463700
One of them is completely necessary. The equation has to be there and preferably it's random but fair, since you're gonna be doing it over a hundred times throughout the game, well over that if you go for pokédex completion. On top of that it had to be coded using assembly which does even have multiplication built into it. Math in it is so fucky.

Compare that to a formula that ensures each player has a different four trees (for some reason) they can visit to receive this one random, shitty Pokémon and all the trees have to be equally likely (for some reason) and once you find out which trees are yours you still have to wait 6 real hours to have a 1% chance of that Pokémon appearing. It doesn't have to exist at all, just throw it in some grass. Or use the first four numbers of the SID and accept that some trees are more likely to be selected cause in the end who even cares? And how are you meant to figure out literally any of this without a guide? Oh and also if you played FRLG you can just breed your Snorlax instead.
>>
>>33456690
You mean the original ORAS version of it.
>>
>>33463776
You aren't supposed to "figure it out". You are supposed to just honey every tree in the game repeatedly to get it.
>>
File: die.png (84KB, 245x316px) Image search: [Google]
die.png
84KB, 245x316px
>>33456637

I think the faggot that made this one is the same faggot who made the third one. They're not going to be as good as the original.

>the first "problem"
Way to specific to be a problem
>the second "problem"
hardly a difference. not a considerable speed change
>Easily the most bland and forgettable designs
That's an opinion, you can't use that to call a gen bad.
>The game suffers and atrocious level curve
to call it atrocious is absurd. It definitely made the game easy, but wasn't horrible. And that was only to include Kanto.
>Johto Gyms used minimal Johto pokemon.
Johto didn't have a lot of pokemon to begin with. If you exclude starters, legends, and babies, it's only like, 70~ Pokemon.
>Celebi was never made obtainable outside of Japan
not a problem with gentoo, but a problem with GF in general. Still a problem.
>Inclusion of Kris...
not even a problem. if you dont like female characters don't play them, like what
>The Moon Ball is supposed...
... What?
>Steel and Dark type were hardly ever used
Steel and Dark type were brand spanking new.
>The Park Ball
soooo a glitch? dont hack in park balls. also that's a Gen IV ball right?
>Most Gen 1 pandering
This is the question that made me stop and wonder if this whole picture was satire
>Team Rocket Plot
ahahahaha wait why are we laughing hahaha
>>
>>33463965
That is an oppressively large amount of time. Six hours every time you do it+the time it takes to slather and encounter just for a 4% chance of getting a Pokémon you don't even necessarily know is there unless you've read a guide or have a friend who got one by chance. And if you do have such a friend you should just get him to breed you one.
>>
File: 1336541732703.gif (449KB, 286x119px) Image search: [Google]
1336541732703.gif
449KB, 286x119px
>>33456637
I would add some more points:
- important moves are learned on pointlessly high levels
- E4 is weaker and recycles some members
- some gen 2 mons not available in Johto
- introduction of baby Pokemon but only for some species, while you can still hatch fully developed Pokemon like Snorlax, Kangaskhan or Heracross from an egg
- some Pokemon species are limited to only one gender, there is no explanation how male-only Pokemon are supposed to breed in the wild
- Nidorina and Nidoqueen cannot breed
- introduction of "no Pokemon design left behind" philosophy, with many half-assed gen 1 rejects/shitmons making it to the dex
- introduction of evolution via trade when holding a specific item
- introduction of evolution via happiness, which cannot be reliably tracked without help of an NPC
>>
>>33464056
Just do it once a day.
>>
>>33456637
>insecure 15 year olds make an image to feel better about nu-pokemon games
Could we stop with these?
>>
>>33463620
>game made in assembly from 1996
Kek, really? Got a source for that? It'd be pretty interesting if it was actually the case, assembly is complete ass.
>>
File: GB Programming Manual.png (38KB, 959x553px) Image search: [Google]
GB Programming Manual.png
38KB, 959x553px
>>33464380
Game Boy games were made in assembly and use registers and all that. Masuda mentioned it as well in one of the recent Game Informer interviews. You can also find official and unofficial Game Boy programming guides online.
>>
>>33464598
Huh, what about GBA games?
>>
>>33464598
>Game Boy games were made in assembly
You can still use a higher level language and then convert that to assembly after, though. GF didn't do that afaik tho.
>>
File: Articuno.png (6KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Articuno.png
6KB, 256x224px
>>33464665
I don't have much experience with the GBA, so I couldn't say. The DS onward for sure was out of the assembly phase though.

>>33464666
With how messy the programming to Red and Green is, I wouldn't be surprised if they attempted writing in assembly. Some of the Pokémon models also seem so rough that it almost seems like they were doing guesswork with the assembly. For example, Articuno's back sprite is like two tiles higher than it should be apart from one random black tile. Beedrill's back sprite is similar.
>>
>>33463620
nigga just breed a fucking Snorlax
jesus
>>
File: Beedrill.png (7KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Beedrill.png
7KB, 256x224px
>>33464714
Okay, so three tiles higher than the bottom line.
>>
File: snorlax.png (8KB, 739x140px) Image search: [Google]
snorlax.png
8KB, 739x140px
>>33464720
Good idea.
>>
>>33464743
>what is frlg
>>
>>33464761
>what is postgame only
>what is some people not owning that game
>>
>>33464770
lots of pokémon are post game only and lots of pokémon are restricted to other games.
>>
>>33464720
>>33464743
>>33464761
>>33464770
It is a problem that you have to Pal Park a Snorlax.

However, I calculated my Secret ID based off some shinies I found in Platinum and used that to determine the four trees Munchlax would appear at for me, and then I would slather those trees with Honey every 12 hours until I found one. It only has a 1% chance of appearing, but once you find one, you can keep chaining the process on that specific tree by slathering it with Honey immediately following the battle.

The only Pokémon that should require Pal Park are the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn starters, as well as Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn Legendary/Mythical Pokémon. Diamond and Pearl is unfortunately missing Tropius and Tangela (and by extension, Tangrowth) though.
>>
>>33464779
But Munchlax isn't and is a pain in the ass to obtain.
>>
>>33464787
I know. It's such a pain in the ass it's a better idea to get a snorlax from another game and breed that. That's why it's terrible. Not to mention snorlax isn't even that good in dppt.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.