[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should legendary Pokemon be handled?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1429471447868.gif (995KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1429471447868.gif
995KB, 250x250px
How should legendary Pokemon be handled?
>>
>>33456288
Wrap them in swaddling clothes and cradle them in your arms
>>
>>33456288
Softly and sensually to teach them more about the minor pleasures in life.
>>
Gun to the head. They have become too abundant in recent games. We need to control their numbers or they won't be rare anymore.
>>
Gen 1. Hidden Pokemon you only find from exploring optional areas.
>>
>>33456288
The way they are now
>>
ambush the player between the 3rd and 4th gym force them to watch a cutscene then jam that legendary into their party even if you need to send something to the pc.
>>
>>33456530
This
>>
Fuse them all together into one thing.
>>
With love
>>
Make them part of the lore and have an affect on the region's history and culture, like the Tapus. Keep them as optional bosses you have to search for.
>>
>>33456288
They're fine as a foil to the game. BW2 did it best imo; it's a startling fight that you're not prepared for, and you can't actually catch the box legend until post-game.

The way BW1 handled it was good too, though; using the preconceived notions of how the player expects to get the legendary and giving it to N, being able to catch ut at the climax of the game to use against N (and being able to choose NOT to, especially,) etc. There are merits to both, but it just depends on how it's handled. RSE/gen 4/6 did it the worst imo.
>>
>>33456688
Meant only RS, Emerald did it fine.
>>
>>33456288
Give them lesser attacking stats so all their other stats can be fantastic, then give them abilities that make their attacks stronger
>>
>>33456321
This
>>
Make them tough to fight and capture instead of "Geez I really hope I don't kill it on accident so I can chuck RNG balls at it until it catches"
>>
>>33456288
Like they did Ho-oh/Lugia.
>>
>>33456288
shouldn't pop up until very late in the game.

then again, screw legendaries altogether. make them obtainable but then have some explanation why it had to leave you again so you still got your dex entry.

legendaries are for the youngest and most unskilled players because they are op as fuck and high level so they help you win the league. but what gives if you don't win it with your regular mons but with some powercreepin eldritch horror from another dimension you happen to carry around in a ball?
>>
>>33456288
I like where >>33456321 is going with this, but I'd also like to add that it'd be nice if legendaries seemed more legendary and special. Mew (a mythical) and Mewtwo still seem like the most legendary Pokemon after twenty years, and no, I am not a genwunner.
>>
>>33456934
So what do you mean by 'most legendary'? What should a 'legendary' be?
>>
>>33456957
I don't know—mysterious, majestic, rarer, special, only major appearance is in movies, etc. Hard to put into words right now.
>>
>>33457014
Proud of its power?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.